Author Topic: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 has passed away. Our grieving thread.  (Read 264245 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 passes away.
« Reply #650 on: August 08, 2010, 09:55:24 pm »
I'm not sure why but after one week (of many more to come) of mourning Richard, I found myself reading posts on your web site. I haven't been to this web site in well over a year, probably closer to 2 years but for some reason this afternoon, it dawned on me to read more about Richard.   I'm not sure that I am welcome here but there is a big hole in my heart and reading some of your posts just makes me feel better.  Then I read the posts about my daughter and some even mentioned me.  After not crying for 24 hours, I found tears in my eyes again.  I have known Richard for 20 years and during those years, I think I have had every title in the book.  But in the end, we were best friends again and were raising a beautiful daughter.  I know that she was his light and for any that have met her, she has a heart as big as her dads.  I am heart broken over the loss of my best friend but my heart just aches for Elizabeth.  I know he loved (and still does) Gene and the boys and I hurt for them too.  Together, we are all pulling together to laugh, cry and heal.  We are now family which is what he wanted.   I had the pleasure of meeting some of the names I have heard for years this weekend.  I'm so sorry that we had to meet this way but in a small way, I can hear Richard saying "told ya so".  I don't want to post much here because this was Richards home but you all touhed my heart so much that I had to register and tell you so myself.  Richard taught me to say it when I felt it so that is what I am doing.  He left this world knowing I loved him very much - he was surrounded by wonderful friends and family who cared deeply for him.   He is missed so much more then words can say -
Thank you all very much for supporting him in his time of need,
Marcia (Elizabeths mom)

Thank you for your post. It means a lot. We hope the best for you and Elizabeth. We will miss Rich and I can't even imagine what you guys are going through. I hope in some way we can all be a blessing to you all. I know we will look forward to news of Elizabeth and her activities as she grows up. :)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #651 on: August 08, 2010, 09:57:14 pm »
I'm not sure why but after one week (of many more to come) of mourning Richard, I found myself reading posts on your web site. I haven't been to this web site in well over a year, probably closer to 2 years but for some reason this afternoon, it dawned on me to read more about Richard.   I'm not sure that I am welcome here but there is a big hole in my heart and reading some of your posts just makes me feel better.  Then I read the posts about my daughter and some even mentioned me.  After not crying for 24 hours, I found tears in my eyes again.  I have known Richard for 20 years and during those years, I think I have had every title in the book.  But in the end, we were best friends again and were raising a beautiful daughter.  I know that she was his light and for any that have met her, she has a heart as big as her dads.  I am heart broken over the loss of my best friend but my heart just aches for Elizabeth.  I know he loved (and still does) Gene and the boys and I hurt for them too.  Together, we are all pulling together to laugh, cry and heal.  We are now family which is what he wanted.   I had the pleasure of meeting some of the names I have heard for years this weekend.  I'm so sorry that we had to meet this way but in a small way, I can hear Richard saying "told ya so".  I don't want to post much here because this was Richards home but you all touhed my heart so much that I had to register and tell you so myself.  Richard taught me to say it when I felt it so that is what I am doing.  He left this world knowing I loved him very much - he was surrounded by wonderful friends and family who cared deeply for him.   He is missed so much more then words can say -
Marcia (Elizabeths mom)

Dear Marcia,

I am very glad that you came over to BetterMost and posted here.  Please feel welcome anytime.  Rich was a treasured member of our community and a close friend to many of us.

I loved what you had to say at the Memorial Service, and although obviously I hate the circumstances under which we met, it was good to meet both you and Elizabeth.  I'd seen hundreds (probably literally) of pictures of Elizabeth, but had never met her before - Rich was right in both ways - she is growing up too fast and she is a delightful young woman.  As I hope I remembered to say, you don't know and love Rich without understanding his love and commitment to his family.

I hope that we can continue to be a part of your lives and watch her grow as time passes.

With my deepest sympathy,
Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #652 on: August 08, 2010, 10:02:44 pm »
In regards to the "Aunt Chuck"......  :laugh:

Gene had made the comment in passing as a joke, and the boys thought it was hysterical.  I heard about it from Truman after I had arrived in Georgia.  I sent Gene a text that simply said "Aunt Chuck?!?!"

Suddenly my phone was flooded with texts from the boys an their friend Mitch all saying "We love Aunt Chuck!"

So I guess now I am officially Aunt Chuck.

:laugh:

But let's get something straight here!  Only the boys (and Bizzy if she chooses) can get away with this.   ;)

You know good and well that Aunt Chuck is going to be Truman's new name for ou. LOL.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #653 on: August 08, 2010, 10:07:16 pm »
I'm not sure why but after one week (of many more to come) of mourning Richard, I found myself reading posts on your web site. I haven't been to this web site in well over a year, probably closer to 2 years but for some reason this afternoon, it dawned on me to read more about Richard.  I'm not sure that I am welcome here but there is a big hole in my heart and reading some of your posts just makes me feel better.  Then I read the posts about my daughter and some even mentioned me.  After not crying for 24 hours, I found tears in my eyes again.  I have known Richard for 20 years and during those years, I think I have had every title in the book.  But in the end, we were best friends again and were raising a beautiful daughter.  I know that she was his light and for any that have met her, she has a heart as big as her dads.  I am heart broken over the loss of my best friend but my heart just aches for Elizabeth.  I know he loved (and still does) Gene and the boys and I hurt for them too.  Together, we are all pulling together to laugh, cry and heal.  We are now family which is what he wanted.   I had the pleasure of meeting some of the names I have heard for years this weekend.  I'm so sorry that we had to meet this way but in a small way, I can hear Richard saying "told ya so".  I don't want to post much here because this was Richards home but you all touhed my heart so much that I had to register and tell you so myself.  Richard taught me to say it when I felt it so that is what I am doing.  He left this world knowing I loved him very much - he was surrounded by wonderful friends and family who cared deeply for him.   He is missed so much more then words can say -
Marcia (Elizabeths mom)

Marcia, thank you for stopping by here to join us in mourning and celebrating Rich.  You're more than welcome, so don't worry about that.  I think Andrew said how we feel very eloquently.

I often think of Elizabeth because she's at such a tender age to lose her Dad.  It helps to know she has lots of love and support from you and Gene and the boys.  She's such a beautiful young girl, and she deserves all the best in life. 

Please come by as often as you like and say hey. :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline bizzysmom

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #654 on: August 08, 2010, 10:08:57 pm »
Thanks "Uncle" Chuck however, Elizabeth did tell me you were Aunt Chuck.  I'm sure it's something her dad put her up to  :)
It was nice to meet you too but I wish it were under different circumstances.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #655 on: August 08, 2010, 10:12:22 pm »
We are now family which is what he wanted. 

Marcia,

It was a pleasure meeting you this weekend.  Thank you for your recollections of Richard.  Seeing all the photos of your life together, as well as hearing stories from his coworkers, family and other friends, helped to give me a fuller view of his life.  

Elizabeth carried herself so well; you should be very proud.  

Love to you,
Paul

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #656 on: August 08, 2010, 10:15:18 pm »

So I guess now I am officially Aunt Chuck.

:laugh:

By the way, it's pronounced Ain't  Chuck. 

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #657 on: August 08, 2010, 11:10:19 pm »
Well Truman got me back to Asheville safe and sound around 6:30 from Rich's service. I am hoping that he is also now home safe and sound in Virginia. After the past few days I am kind of at a loss of words to say right now. I feel pretty much emotionally and physically drained. There is no way I would have missed going to the service so I am very glad that everything went as well as could be expected. I have no doubts at all that everything went just as Rich would have wanted it. Being home now after the past few days, everything seems so quiet up here on the mountain. About all I hear now are the crickets chirping outside and the hum of this computer. I lit a red candle in Rich's remembrance and realized I was lighting it with a green lighter. For some reason, that reminded me of Christmas which was a time that Rich always seemed to really enjoy and a time that he always sent cards and love to all those close to him. Let me tell you that after seeing all those people at the service that was a LOT of people and that was only the people that were able to make it. Rich sure did touch and was a part of so many people. I met so many of those people who were a part of Rich's life. I feel that I have acquired a whole lot of new friends and I am happy for that. I feel also that my bonds with Truman, Lynne, Chuck, and Paul have strengthened even more solidly plus I got to know Judy much better. I am also very happy about that. It was so wonderful meeting Gene, Elizabeth, Andrew, Austin, and Sean in person after hearing so much about them and seeing so many of their pictures. Rich did indeed have a Sweet and Rich life. I am so happy that he found these wonderful people. The only thing that is still very sad to me is that Rich could not be there physically although his spirit was very much there and still is.

Jack

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #658 on: August 08, 2010, 11:16:57 pm »
Marcia, that first post you wrote was one of the most beautiful passages I've ever read.  It was quite surprising to see, but most welcome, as others have said.  You must be a very brave and strong and courageous and understanding woman, and I admire you.

Please know that we are always here to support and to love, and to talk through things anytime you want to stop by.

Even though I couldn't be there on Saturday, at the time of his service, I was framing the photo of him as a young boy and the photo of him with the horse, and the last PM he sent me in between.  I hung it up in my living room where I would always be reminded of this sweet man and how comforting and precious he was, to myself and countless others that he touched.

I am beyond sorry for what you must be going through.  Bizzy is a lucky girl for having a mom like you.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #659 on: August 09, 2010, 12:56:12 am »
Where was the picture of Rich taken--the one on the home page? That is a beautful image--whoever took it--great catch.

I believe it was taken on a trip he took to Sacramento to visit a friend in the fall of 2007.
I remember him texting the picture to me at the time.

That is correct.  It is Lake Tahoe.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 10:53:31 am by sfericsf »