Author Topic: single for life  (Read 16309 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: single for life
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2010, 05:32:26 pm »
www.chatroulette.com !!

(get it chat = cat!?)
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2010, 04:03:02 pm »

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2010, 06:14:02 pm »
How did we get so far off topic?  I was really enjoying reading people's stories about their singledom.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2010, 07:50:36 pm »
Er, sticking to the point of the OP, I'm single and very happy and I've read that onions are bad for cats, so you might want to read the soup label before giving it to them.  8)

Offline Marina

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2010, 08:18:22 pm »
I've been married and I've been single - and I think there's something to be said for both, as long as you have the freedom to be yourself in your relationship, and that goes for both parties in a relationship.    I was married at 21 to my high school sweetheart with whom I moved in at 18, and we were together for 8 years.  I don't regret that time in my life for a second.   Although it didn't work out for us be cause we grew and changed, it was very important to me and I learned a lot.   As cliche as it sounds, life is a learning experience, and no event is for naught.   I landed with a crash into the single dating scene, and on the one hand, I didn't feel I was missing much, but on the other, there are wonderful guys out there just as people, and the friends I made, both men and women.   I enjoyed my single life very much too.   There's a lot to be said for sharing your happiness with someone too.   I'm married now and have been for the past 20 years.   I say whatever makes you happy - if you are happy single and independent, good for you!   There's no rule that says everyone has to be partnered.
“Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of his world.”
~Rachel Carson~

~Looking back on it, they both realized it was the best thing they ever had.~  - A Mother's Love

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2010, 06:26:14 pm »
How did we get so far off topic?  I was really enjoying reading people's stories about their singledom.
'

But the real question is, is the cat single?  ;D

Offline oilgun

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2010, 10:40:05 am »
Roger Ebert tweeted this appropriate gem this morning:

ebertchicago Some people are single. Others are soloists.

:)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2010, 01:03:41 pm »

I am reminded of what Mona Ramsay said in Tales of the City when faced with similar prospects "I think what I really need is five good friends."

"I think what I really need is five good friends."

Love that. That's all anyone needs, really.

In the late 70's (  :o ) I worked with a friend in New York (still dear friends more than thirty years later, even though she shuttles, at the moment, between San Francisco and Dublin, Ireland). She was a San Franciscan, born and bred, she would get her care packages from home that included copies of the San Francisco Chronicle, and all our co-workers would steal them to read the latest entries of Armistead Maupin's Tales of the City, which was then serialized in the newspaper before it was published in the soon-to-be famous book (followed by sequels and miniseries, etc, etc).

Anyway, as Truman mentioned Tales of the City,  and others mentioned cats, I just thought I had to mention the name of the TOTC character Mary Ann Singleton.  

Even though I'm definitely not from Ohio, I have a lot of Mary Ann in me--especially as I am a Singleton from birth, as it were--

Mrs. Madrigal: Good. You're one of us then. Welcome to 28 Barbary Lane.
Mary Ann Singleton: Thank you.
Mrs. Madrigal: Yes, you should.
Mary Ann Singleton: Do you have any objection to pets?
Mrs. Madrigal: Dear, I have no objection to anything.

I'll also mention: Maupin's eight TOTC book is called "Mary Ann in Autumn," and fittingly, it will be released on November 2!

Armistead Maupin and his husband Christopher Turner
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2010, 04:30:37 pm »
I wonder if Jack appeared to you singletons and insisted on befriending you if you would tell him "why don't you leave me be"??
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2010, 05:43:40 pm »
I wonder if Jack appeared to you singletons and insisted on befriending you if you would tell him "why don't you leave me be"??

Worked for Ennis didn't?  Got all the perks without Jack being around most of the time?  ;)