Author Topic: The "ABCs of BBM": Round 965! (Rules in first post)  (Read 5465595 times)

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
"H" is hastiest
« Reply #20050 on: July 02, 2009, 06:26:06 pm »
Once Joe Aguirre told him to get the hell out of his trailer, Jack beat the hastiest of retreats.

=reply= Meryl
Actually, "superlatives" was Paul's idea.
BTW, "comparatives" is waiting in the wings.

=aside= Paul
Congrats on reaching 8,000!

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"I" is inanest
« Reply #20051 on: July 02, 2009, 11:29:31 pm »
Ennis gave Alma the inanest of excuses as to why Jack didn't come inside for coffee:  "He's from Texas."

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
"L" is lamest
« Reply #20052 on: July 03, 2009, 03:58:26 pm »
Ennis gave Alma the lamest of excuses as to why Jack didn't come inside for coffee:  "He's from Texas."

=aside= Sandy
Thanks.

=aside= Fran
Thanks.

=Happy Fourth= Everybody!
I hacked into somebody's wireless after all!

(image courtesy of Meryl in the "." thread)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
"M" is matchiest
« Reply #20053 on: July 04, 2009, 12:23:15 am »
The fashionable Lureen and Jack wore the matchiest outfits of anyone in "Brokeback Mountain."

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"N" is narrowest
« Reply #20054 on: July 04, 2009, 08:18:01 am »
Interview with Director Ang Lee
by Jeff Yang

It's easy to see how the titular ridgeline of Ang Lee's new cowboy romance "Brokeback Mountain" got its name. Its silhouette is interrupted with a sharp, unexpected cleft, as if shattered by a giant's hammer. What's left behind is two lonely peaks, separated above by an impossible, impassable distance -- but they are joined together below the horizon.

It's a perfect symbol for the film's star-crossed gay lovers. And it's an equally good one for its enigmatic director, Ang Lee. The adage has it that no man is an island, but Lee is, his friends and colleagues agree, at the very least something of a peninsula -- connected by just the narrowest of land bridges to the Hollywood machine that feeds him and purposefully removed from the mainstream social whirl of his adopted home, America.

CJKDramas.com  

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"O" is oddest
« Reply #20055 on: July 05, 2009, 11:38:52 am »
The "Texans don't drink coffee?" comment was one of the oddest in the film.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
"P" is proctoring
« Reply #20056 on: July 05, 2009, 02:12:16 pm »
With both the Forest Service and Joe Aguirre proctoring their daily activities, Jack and Ennis found themselves in the uneasiest of positions.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"R" is riskiest
« Reply #20057 on: July 05, 2009, 06:15:03 pm »
This month's W magazine features an interview with Jake Gyllenhaal in which he talks about his upcoming movies Jarhead and Brokeback Mountain. Issue hits NYC newsstands today and the rest of the nation very soon. Below you'll find an excerpt:

In a scene destined to be this year’s boldest cinematic taboo-breaker, Ennis del Mar (Ledger) and Jack Twist (Gyllenhaal) surprise themselves one night by consummating their crush during a wordless encounter in their moonlit pup tent. After Jack makes the first move, Ennis, with very little fanfare and even less tenderness, puts Jack on all fours and takes him from behind. Lee recalls that the scene required 13 takes spanning one very long day. “I was very proud of Jake,” he says. “What he does with that scene is very moving, very real, with a lot of emotion and a lot of excitement.”

“Uh, I don’t really remember much of that day,” says Gyllenhaal, laughing. He spent much of it cutting the tension by joking with Ledger about who was going to do what to whom. “It’s one of the riskiest things I’ve done in my career,” Gyllenhaal says, likening the experience to jumping into a very cold lake. “At a certain point you just take a deep breath and dive in. And then the water’s freezing, and you jump out as fast as you can.”

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"S" is snazziest
« Reply #20058 on: July 05, 2009, 07:19:27 pm »
Jack was at his snazziest when he asked Lashawn to dance.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
"T" is tones
« Reply #20059 on: July 06, 2009, 12:14:41 am »
"Brokeback Mountain is one of the most beautifully photographed movies of the year, and Lee knows how to frame shots that exude emotion rather than simply relying on the characters to provide it alone. His contrasts between impossibly romantic Brokeback Mountain panoramas and the colorless earth tones of small-town Wyoming life help the viewer feel what these characters yearn for and what they feel they have to settle for."