Author Topic: The "ABCs of BBM": Round 965! (Rules in first post)  (Read 5488116 times)

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • There But For Fortune
"U" is undergarment
« Reply #20360 on: September 02, 2009, 03:09:14 pm »
Lureen stripped down to a lacy undergarment in the backseat of her daddy's car.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
"W" is warm-ups
« Reply #20361 on: September 02, 2009, 03:39:52 pm »
Heath Ledger on working with director Ang Lee:

"He created a lonely environment for us, so it bled into our performances. He'd never patronise us with praise, never even say 'Good shot.' He'd just sigh and walk off for the day.

"Early one morning, I was doing a scene, it was extremely cold, my voice was croaky. I hadn't done my voice warm-ups which I usually do religiously. I felt like my lips were frozen and I wasn't speaking properly, which is fine for Ennis because his mouth doesn't move, but I was feeling paranoid afterwards. I ran up to Ang and asked: 'Did it sound okay?' I was desperate for some nod of approval. Ang shuffled his feet, just said, 'Light was good,' and walked away.

"I'd go back to my trailer every night torturing myself, feeling like a failure. But I'd wake up the next morning wanting to defeat him and do better. Then you understand it's directorial manipulation to achieve what the film needs -- and you go with it."

Tale of an untrained homeboy

Offline Fran

Round 838!
« Reply #20362 on: September 02, 2009, 04:19:12 pm »
Round 838!

Another "Ment" Round!

"Forest Service got designated campsites on the allotments. Them
camps can be 3, 4 miles from where we pasture the woollies.
Bad predator loss if there's nobody lookin' after 'em at night."

Each post will include an unplayed word as
well as the word part "ment," (which may
be contained in the unplayed word).

Words containing "ment"

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
"A" is abridgement
« Reply #20363 on: September 03, 2009, 12:28:08 pm »
Ennis bitched about the abridgement of their Brokeback summer.

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"B" is betterment
« Reply #20364 on: September 03, 2009, 05:43:04 pm »
Jack and Ennis discovered that eating elk resulted in the betterment of the quality of their meals.

Offline Fran

"C" is complimentary
« Reply #20365 on: September 03, 2009, 10:15:35 pm »
In a telephone conversation with the Associated Press, Annie Proulx had only complimentary things to say about the performances of Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger in Brokeback Mountain

"I thought they were magnificent, both of them. Jake Gyllenhaal's Jack Twist...wasn't the Jack Twist that I had in mind when I wrote this story. The Jack that I saw was jumpier, homely. But Gyllenhaal's sensitivity and subtleness in this role is just huge. The scenes he's in have a kind of quicksilver feel to them. Heath Ledger is just almost really beyond description as far as I'm concerned. He got inside the story more deeply than I did. All that thinking about the character of Ennis that was so hard for me to get, Ledger just was there. He did indeed move inside the skin of the character, not just in the shirt but inside the person. It was remarkable."

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"D" is decampment
« Reply #20366 on: September 03, 2009, 10:33:05 pm »
Ennis pouted over the enforced decampment because of the storm coming in from the Pacific.

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"E" is experimentation
« Reply #20367 on: September 03, 2009, 11:34:48 pm »
Jack and Ennis tried some experimentation in TS1, then moved on to tender loving in TS2.

Offline Fran

"F" is fundamentally
« Reply #20368 on: September 04, 2009, 01:00:29 am »
"After showing their initial idyll in the mountains, Brokeback does to its heroes what no movie cowboy wants to have happen: Things change in the world around them. They complete the sheepherding and rejoin society. Ennis mumbles, "This is a one-shot thing we got goin’ on here." Jack mumbles back, "Ain’t nobody’s business but ours." They separate and years go by; they marry -- Jack to a luminous brat (the glowingly smart Anne Hathaway), Ennis to an earnest gal who adores him (the amazingly subtle Michelle Williams) -- but these are fundamentally loveless unions: quiet, piercing betrayals. Jack and Ennis get together every so often, for private "fishing trips" that forge their love and doom it at the same time. The sneaking around and the frustration caused by everything and everyone around them eats away at them when they’re apart."

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"G" is garnishment
« Reply #20369 on: September 05, 2009, 08:08:19 pm »
The Twist's turkey sported a garnishment of thyme.