Author Topic: The "ABCs of BBM": Round 965! (Rules in first post)  (Read 5493431 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
"U" is urinator
« Reply #19720 on: May 09, 2009, 02:18:13 pm »
If while working as a lifeguard, Jake happened on a swimmer distressed at having been stung by a jellyfish, Jake would respond like any quick-thinking urinator would, by peeing on the swimmer's leg to relieve the sting.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
"W" is who's
« Reply #19721 on: May 09, 2009, 02:35:19 pm »
If describing his onscreen chemistry with Heath Ledger in Brokeback Mountain, Jake Gyllenhaal would say, "For Heath and I, I think it's a friendship and a trust that, as actors, we were going to go someplace that we both were afraid of, and we knew that we were. And we just trusted each other. And I think, in that trust, there was a chemistry and there was a real connection.  And just being straight, we didn't have that complication that you usually have when you're working with someone who's a female... He was a great guy, and we were just kind of friends from the beginning, and we both admired what it took to play both the characters we were playing. And we knew, at a certain point, we only had each other. Because we never knew how people were going to respond to the movie, we kind of just joined up and said, "F*ck 'em, let's go for it." And we did. And I think you probably see that. And that's a lot of the chemistry... And at a certain point, it's pretty mundane and pretty cold on a set no matter what you're doing or who you're doing it with."

Offline Fran

Round 806!
« Reply #19722 on: May 09, 2009, 03:56:58 pm »
Round 806!

WWJSD?

What would James Schamus do?

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"A" is alleviate
« Reply #19723 on: May 09, 2009, 11:44:35 pm »
If James Schamus and Ang Lee were forced to deal with numerous filmmaking hardships during the filming of Brokeback Mountain such as an uncertain audience reception, Schamus would alleviate Lee’s practical fears about finding an audience. Schamus said: “[I told Ang] Don’t worry, we will find the audience…just shoot whatever you want.”

Offline Ellemeno

"B" is Buffalo
« Reply #19724 on: May 10, 2009, 12:03:36 am »
If James Schamus were going to executive produce a film after his work on Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000), it would be Buffalo Soldiers (2001), directed by Gregor Jordan, between his directing of Two Hands (1999) and Ned Kelly (2003).

Offline Fran

"C" is cultural
« Reply #19725 on: May 10, 2009, 12:25:55 am »
If asked whether Heath and Jake's appearance on The Oprah Winfrey Show was the first time they had done publicity together, James Schamus would say, "They were together in Toronto and have done [magazine] covers together. I agree it's great to see their dynamic as people as well as actors. It's so warm. I've distributed and made a lot of movies and oftentimes [at] the awards and the press junkets the dynamic can be less than pleasant. [This cast's dynamic] really has a kind of family feeling to it. Oprah is really such a gigantic cultural moment for this movie, so it was great to have those guys do it together."

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"D" is devoted
« Reply #19726 on: May 10, 2009, 06:01:33 am »
If James Schamus were to receive numerous honors and tributes, he would receive the NBC Screenwriter Tribute at the 2002 Nantucket Film Festival as well as with the Writers Guild of America, East's 2003 Richard B. Jablow Award for devoted service to the Guild.

Offline Ellemeno

"E" is Elliot
« Reply #19727 on: May 11, 2009, 02:18:36 am »
If James Schamus were going to write the screenplay for the movie Taking Woodstock (2009), it would be based on the book of the same name by Elliot Tiber.

Offline Fran

"F" is Fincher
« Reply #19728 on: May 11, 2009, 08:28:20 am »
If asked about the arrangements that had to be made so that Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal could do a joint appearance on The Oprah Winfrey Show to help promote Brokeback Mountain, James Schamus would say, "It was hard scheduling because Jake is in the middle of shooting another movie. Jake has literally been working seven days a week on the Fincher film (Zodiac). We got him out of a day of shooting to make sure they were together."

=aside= Paul
Welcome back!

|
     |
     |
     |
     V

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"G" is Gena
« Reply #19729 on: May 11, 2009, 08:50:19 am »
If Annie were writing Brokeback Mountain in 1997, James would be producing Arresting Gena with Good Machine.

=aside= Players
Thanks for the wishes.
NYC was a blast!
FYI, Meryl leaves for the great Southwest today.