Author Topic: Do You Believe In U.F.O.s and Extra Terrestrials?  (Read 41420 times)

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Do You Believe In U.F.O.s and Extra Terrestrials?
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2007, 09:39:51 pm »
If you ever read Whitley Streiber's "Majestic" you'll get a godawful feeling about Texas skies (he recollects several abductions from his early years in Texas).  I don't recommend you read that book or his "Communion" alone at night.  :-\

Oh, God, I bought a copy of something by Whitley Streiber--I think it was Communion--in paperback something like 20 years ago. I couldn't read the whole thing. True or not, it scared the bejeezus out of me.

Same thing for another book, the title of which, thankfully, I forgot a long time ago, that detailed other close encounters of the third kind. One of the scariest, for me, was an account of an experience a woman allegedly had in Provincetown, Massachusetts--which just happens to be my regular summer holiday haven. To this day, that story is always in the back of my mind when I'm alone late at night on the streets of Provincetown.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2007, 09:50:06 pm »
Alone at night on the streets of PTOWN?       

Geez!   it is never empty!     Oh wait.... Late at night?     I thought the walk of shame was the morning after?      :laugh:

Try two o'clock in the morning when the whole town is still gathered in front of the pizza parlor. Those streets in the East End or the West End can be spooky.

Boo!  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2007, 01:49:16 am »
Eww!

Where can I buy these books? They sound really spooky!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2007, 08:47:04 am »
Eww!

Where can I buy these books? They sound really spooky!  :D

Communion came out in the late 1980s. Better try Amazon.  :-\

Scott6373

« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2007, 09:04:22 am »
The question that pops in my mind is, why would they want to come here?  I mean we are destroying the planet, collectively, we aren't very smart, we just adore conflict, and other than the music of Mozart and his cronies, what could they be interested in?

I think our enormous egos makes us think  that any race of beings capable of tavelling here, would even want to in the first place.

Yikes...that was a rant.  Pardon me   :-X

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2007, 09:17:49 am »
The question that pops in my mind is, why would they want to come here?

Isn't there an old joke floating around somewhere that Earth is where the rest of the Universe dumps all its crazy people?  ;D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2007, 05:42:54 pm »
>:( >:(

you wasn't supposed to look at them in the DARK!! You coulda been scared!

:laugh:  :laugh:

A few of them DID scare me! But most of them can be easily explained Jess.

The "zipper" picture is clearly a camera cord. I don't know if this was done intentionally or on accident. Often times those "vortex" ghost pictures are actually camera cords getting in the way of the camera lens.

The "orb" pictures are most likely caused by dust. This happens frequently with digital cameras. Sometimes a bug flying in front of the camera will cause an orb effect too. Often times, people will be fooled into thinking they actually captured a ghost on film when they see this anomaly in their pictures. But it's almost always due to dust or bugs. If they had taken these pictures with a film camera, I might be a little more impressed, but I feel pretty certain most or all of those photographs were taken with digital cameras.

The "exploding" car, as well as the sparks reflecting off people's eyeglasses can be achieved by opposing the camera's aperture with an acceptable shutter speed (bulb,or indefinite amount of time the shutter remains open). You've probably seen pictures taken at night where the lights from cars travelling down the street look like streaks of light. Same thing here.

The "tube" and "saucer" pictures look a bit tricky too. If you look closely, it appears as if those images were cut and pasted from another picture, the sharp edges of the inserted image then blurred or smoothed in order to make it appear as if it belongs in the photo. I'm not certain, but it sure does look like a badly done "cut and paste" job to me.

The "disappearing color" from some of the photos was probably caused by the camera's infrared, or night vision system. Many cameras these days have such a system; even many film SLR cameras. If the infrared is used without a flash, the resulting image will appear as muddy gray, or sometimes green. So no big deal there either.

I'm hoping the photographer is inexperienced and is not trying to dupe the Internet community. But who knows?

A few of those pictures are very spooky though, because I have no explanation, and I got cold chills when I looked at them.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2007, 12:13:39 am »
Isn't there an old joke floating around somewhere that Earth is where the rest of the Universe dumps all its crazy people?  ;D

I don't know about Earth Jeff, but I have heard it said about Indiana.  :-\

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2007, 11:26:08 am »
I don't know about Earth Jeff, but I have heard it said about Indiana.  :-\

The rest of the Universe dumps its crazy people in Indiana?  :o

injest

« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2007, 11:54:21 pm »
The question that pops in my mind is, why would they want to come here?  I mean we are destroying the planet, collectively, we aren't very smart, we just adore conflict, and other than the music of Mozart and his cronies, what could they be interested in?

I think our enormous egos makes us think  that any race of beings capable of tavelling here, would even want to in the first place.

Yikes...that was a rant.  Pardon me   :-X

but WE have PUPPIES!!