Author Topic: music in the background  (Read 8753 times)

Offline Samrim

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: music in the background
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2006, 03:56:18 am »
<<Maybe they’ll end up as poor as they were on Brokeback, but they’ll be together.>>

Puleeese goadra, Don't do this to me; it's Wednesday morning and I gotta go to work! I can't get there wrecked again! Trouble is your just SO right

Best Wishes all

Sam :)
Sam

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2006, 10:45:51 am »
Yes, to put Ennis in a fightin' mood, LOL?

I was also struck by all the noise in the background at the bar where Ennis and Jack go after first meeting. Suddenly I have a craving to hear snippets of what was said. Have you noticed that there's often a male radio announcer's voice in the background of the movie? It brings back memories of listening to Arthur Godfrey as I was growing up. And that other guy, Paul Harvey. I think you can actually still hear him today!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline HerrKaiser

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2006, 01:11:30 pm »
To me, the score and the extremely surgically artful way Lee and the composer placed the pieces, both under and almost inaudilble as well as overtly, is similar to how the music was handled in Breakfast at Tiffany's. In each film, the music is used better than I seen in any other films to carry both action and emotion to their intended heights. And interestingly,  the total absence of theme music at parts in BBM seem to indicate a distance or uninvolvment with Ennis or Jack, such as when Lureen is giving Ennis the information about Jack's death.