Author Topic: The L Word: Any fans out there?  (Read 86812 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The L Word: Any fans out there?
« Reply #170 on: November 19, 2007, 11:39:22 pm »
I just found out.  Her name is Grace!  It was starting to bug me. =)

Am I the only one who thinks that she has a huge part in Max's changing thoughts about going through with the surgery?
She seemed to see through him from the start and took a genuine interest in him and what he was going through.  She supported him and stood by him when his mother died.
Those were great but I think the turning point for him might've been during that love scene in the second-to-last, or could it be the last episode?
No matter how much Max tried to shrink away and hide his body from her, she drew closer and embraced him and showed that she longed o touch his body just at it was.  That was a pretty amazing scene, actually.  i could see Max's wall crumble slowly and start to fall apart.. Definitely one of my favorite scenes this season..  :)

Heya,

Sorry I've been slow at getting back to this great conversation...

Yeah, Max is one of the most complex and interesting story lines this season... without question.  And, yes, having Grace help him and support him seems to be making a big difference... but I think Max is coming to terms with some things on his own too, which seems really important.

He just seems calmer and better adjusted.  The whole situation with his father was so complicated... do you remember when his father called him "son" for the first time?  That was amazing.  Talk about getting lots of mixed signals from his family about acceptance, rejection... and just totally not getting it.

So, what did you think about Dana's brief "re-appearance" at the end of the season?
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #171 on: November 20, 2007, 04:11:03 am »

So, what did you think about Dana's brief "re-appearance" at the end of the season?

When that episode began, I saw her name in the opening credits and was like "hunh??!!".
It was great to see her back, even if it was for a brief moment.  That was a cute little scene with Alice - it showed that she lives on in Alice's mind.. I especially liked the fact that she encouraged Alice to go to Tasha's send-off party.

I hope there is abit more of her next season.. :)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #172 on: December 03, 2007, 01:13:20 am »

Hiya bud..

Looking forward to some more discussions.

In the mean time, how about a pic.....

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #173 on: December 03, 2007, 11:37:30 am »
That's a great picture Bud!  Thanks for posting it. :)

So, we talked about Kit and Papi... but I wonder if there's more to be said about the drama between Kit and Angus.  What do you think was really behind Angus cheating?  Do you think the two of them really have a chance to make it?

It was really sad to see Kit turn back to alcohol this season through all this tension with Angus.  I really like Kit.  I hope things work out for her.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #174 on: December 03, 2007, 06:37:03 pm »
So, we talked about Kit and Papi... but I wonder if there's more to be said about the drama between Kit and Angus.  What do you think was really behind Angus cheating?  Do you think the two of them really have a chance to make it?

I don't know whether Kit will ever really trust Angus again.  They may work it out - towards the end of the season, she seemed more open to him (after things with Papi didn't exactly 'work out').  I guess we'll have to wait and see what they decide to do next season..  :)

The other thing I got to wondering about was - What if Angus had not been caught in the act by Tina and warned off by Bette?  Would he still have continued his affair with the babysitter? Hmm.. I wonder. :)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #175 on: December 17, 2007, 01:56:57 pm »

Doing a *BUMP*..
With "Max"

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #176 on: December 18, 2007, 12:55:34 pm »
Hey Amanda.. :)

This is OT, but...

I know that you mentioned before that you have read Sarah Waters' FingerSmith and Tipping the Velvet.
Did you read Affinity yet?  I finished it yesterday and all I can say is WOW..what an ending.  Please tell me you have read it.. 8)

~M

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #177 on: December 20, 2007, 02:02:18 am »
Hey Amanda.. :)

This is OT, but...

I know that you mentioned before that you have read Sarah Waters' FingerSmith and Tipping the Velvet.
Did you read Affinity yet?  I finished it yesterday and all I can say is WOW..what an ending.  Please tell me you have read it.. 8)

~M

Heya,

Yes!  I've read Affinity, and I liked it quite a lot!  I love Sarah Waters.  My favorite of these three books is still Fingersmith.  But, I really loved both Affinity and Tipping the Velvet.  I wonder if a movie (or BBC mini-series) will be made of Affinity as happened with the other two.  I hope so!  That would be great.

I'll admit that Waters' most recent book, The Night Watch, was a bit of a disappointment to me.  It just didn't strike me in the same way as Tipping the Velvet, Fingersmith and Affinity.

She's such a great author though... I'll always read her stuff!  I hope she has something new in the works for us soon!
:)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #178 on: December 20, 2007, 03:13:38 am »
Hey Amanda! 

After reading Affinity, I was almost depressed at the ending.  I think I sensed that it would not end too favorably for Margaret Prior but I was not prepared for the extent of the deceit and fraud. Damn.   :-\

I started reading FingerSmith today.  I have seen the movie but the book will no doubt be wonderful and more descriptive.

I also read The Night Watch and I loved it.  Sarah W. is a very talented author & I appreciate her interest in writing stories set in different times/settings and I love the variety she brings to the table.  There are only so many "Tipping the Velvets" she can do before she is sick of the subject, I am sure. ;)

I read somewhere that she is working on another novel (that is not a lesbian-themed story) set in the 1950s.  I'll read absolutely anything she writes, so I am waiting for this new book, who knows how long it'll be...  :)

~M

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #179 on: December 23, 2007, 08:56:28 pm »

I just finished reading FingerSmith tonight.  What an absolutely amazing book.   :D
I am going to watch the movie tonight, while the world of Sue & Maud is still so fresh in my mind.  :)

I also read somewhere that Affinity and The Night Watch are going to be adapted to movies next year.     
We'll see what happens.. :)