Author Topic: The L Word: Any fans out there?  (Read 85865 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The L Word: Any fans out there?
« Reply #250 on: January 08, 2009, 04:32:51 pm »

I found out today that S6 will premiere on Showcase (here in Canada) on Tuesday, January 27th.
Two weeks to go!  :)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #251 on: January 21, 2009, 04:00:32 pm »
I found out today that S6 will premiere on Showcase (here in Canada) on Tuesday, January 27th.
Two weeks to go!  :)

Ok, so the premiere is next Tuesday (on Showcase; I believe Showtime has already aired it).  :)

Hey Amanda, are you gonna wait for the dvds to check out S6 or..?

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #252 on: January 21, 2009, 05:17:20 pm »

Ok, so the premiere is next Tuesday (on Showcase; I believe Showtime has already aired it).  :)

Hey Amanda, are you gonna wait for the dvds to check out S6 or..?

Hi Milli,

Yes, I will wait for the DVDs.  I don't get Showtime in my cable package.  And, since I have the DVDs of all the other seasons, I want to be sure to buy the last set so that I'll have the complete run of the show.  It's hard to wait for sure!  But, I also like having all of the episodes of a season available at once so that I can watch at whatever pace strikes my fancy.

I can't believe the show is coming to an end!  I think the L Word had a good run through, in terms of numbers of seasons.  I wonder if anything will take its place... I mean, I wonder if another show that focuses so specificially on lesbian culture will emerge anytime soon.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #253 on: January 22, 2009, 12:55:05 pm »

I can't believe the show is coming to an end!  I think the L Word had a good run through, in terms of numbers of seasons.  I wonder if anything will take its place... I mean, I wonder if another show that focuses so specificially on lesbian culture will emerge anytime soon.

Here's some info I  found on the L Word spinoff show Showtime is working on..
(Why they would reveal this much info now... when the new season is just starting, I don't know.  ???)

......Spoilers ahead......

http://www.afterellen.com/TV/2009/1/showtime-confirms-l-word-spinoff-details

At the Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour yesterday, Showtime president Robert Greenblatt released a few details about the pilot for the L Word spinoff, a drama series set in a women's prison and tentatively titled The Farm.

The pilot has been shot, Greenblatt told reporters (including AfterElton.com's Michael Jensen, who reported back to us), but Showtime execs have not yet seen it cut together.

The spinoff is "a substantially different show" from The L Word, Greenblatt said, and includes only a few lesbian characters among the cast:

We've been a little bit, sort of, mysterious about the concept, but you know, I don't think it's that much of a mystery anymore. One of the characters from The L Word actually goes to prison, and the show then moves to prison with a largely completely new cast. ... While The L Word was predominantly lesbian characters, [the spinoff is] a big group of characters. And there's a few lesbians in that group, but it isn't the exact makeup of what The L Word was.

"The spinoff is anchored by Leisha Hailey," he told reporters, confirming what Hailey and Chaiken stated publicly a few months ago. "So I guess I've given it up. She's the one that ends up going to jail."

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #254 on: January 22, 2009, 01:16:33 pm »
Here's some info I  found on the L Word spinoff show Showtime is working on..
(Why they would reveal this much info now... when the new season is just starting, I don't know.  ???)

......Spoilers ahead......

http://www.afterellen.com/TV/2009/1/showtime-confirms-l-word-spinoff-details

At the Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour yesterday, Showtime president Robert Greenblatt released a few details about the pilot for the L Word spinoff, a drama series set in a women's prison and tentatively titled The Farm.

The pilot has been shot, Greenblatt told reporters (including AfterElton.com's Michael Jensen, who reported back to us), but Showtime execs have not yet seen it cut together.

The spinoff is "a substantially different show" from The L Word, Greenblatt said, and includes only a few lesbian characters among the cast:

We've been a little bit, sort of, mysterious about the concept, but you know, I don't think it's that much of a mystery anymore. One of the characters from The L Word actually goes to prison, and the show then moves to prison with a largely completely new cast. ... While The L Word was predominantly lesbian characters, [the spinoff is] a big group of characters. And there's a few lesbians in that group, but it isn't the exact makeup of what The L Word was.

"The spinoff is anchored by Leisha Hailey," he told reporters, confirming what Hailey and Chaiken stated publicly a few months ago. "So I guess I've given it up. She's the one that ends up going to jail."

Hunh.  You're right that this desciption does give quite a bit of important info away here!  I'm excited to hear that Leisha will be the focus of the new show.  I love her and I'm glad that there will be an opportunity to see more of her.   The prison theme is interesting and a bit surprising... But, then, we've already had a taste of prison plot lines with Helena.

It'll be interesting to see how all of this develops.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #255 on: January 23, 2009, 02:07:20 pm »

It'll be interesting to see how all of this develops.

Indeed it will.  :)
I am wondering why they (Showtime & Ilene C.) decided to divulge pertinent spoilers so early on. (we already know Jenny will be killed and somehow Alice ends up in jail... hmmm).

Ah well - I am eager to see Lucy Lawless in action in the first ep. next week.  8)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #256 on: February 03, 2009, 01:07:43 pm »

Well, tonight's episode is the 2nd of the season.  (Strange to think that the show will be over in 6 episodes)..

Slight spolier ahead....

So far, there has been much drama (as expected.. :P)
I am liking the fact that characters from previous seasons like Papi, Dylan, (& even Carmen) have/will guest star along the way. 
I am hoping Dana will make an appearance as well.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #257 on: February 04, 2009, 12:41:18 am »

Me too, friend!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #258 on: February 04, 2009, 12:06:42 pm »
Well, tonight's episode is the 2nd of the season.  (Strange to think that the show will be over in 6 episodes)..

Slight spolier ahead....

So far, there has been much drama (as expected.. :P)
I am liking the fact that characters from previous seasons like Papi, Dylan, (& even Carmen) have/will guest star along the way. 

Ooo, I'm excited about the idea of Carmen coming back!  I love Carmen.

And, I can imagine they'll probably bring Dana back in flashbacks or something.  She was such a major character and so beloved by fans, since this is the last season... it would almost be strange if they didn't acknowledge her again.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #259 on: September 10, 2009, 12:46:26 pm »

Re-activating this thread to say...

The L WORD Season 6 Amazon.com Release is set for October 20, 2009.

Gotta complete the L Word collection with this one.
This wasn't the best of seasons, but it had its moments and I will definitely be getting it next month.