Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2148680 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #4030 on: March 14, 2009, 01:27:41 am »
very rarely they have a food contest but no bugs so far! mostly their challenges are like, bungee jumping, building stacks of woods, carrying cheese down a hill...stuff like that! it is FUN!

That cheese deal in Switzerland was FUNNY!! :laugh: :laugh:

I never knew cheese could roll and bounce that far! And did you see some of the teams sliding down the hill on their ASSES! :laugh:

Too funny!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4031 on: March 14, 2009, 01:31:16 am »
And Phil (the host) is so cute! I love it when he looks at someone and raises his left eyebrow! :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4032 on: March 14, 2009, 01:37:13 am »
very rarely they have a food contest but no bugs so far! mostly their challenges are like, bungee jumping, building stacks of woods, carrying cheese down a hill...stuff like that! it is FUN!

I do remember in previous races they did things like drink warm milk straight from a cow. And another time they ate ass fat from a sheep or a goat. The fat was made into some sort of soup. It didn't look TOO bad actually. It was a local delicacy. But like Jess said, things like that are very rare.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #4033 on: March 14, 2009, 06:08:51 am »
Rather than try to explain it to you Paul, you can check out the following website. Kelda taught that website to me! :D

http://www.tarflies.com/

;D

Tsk! Someone doesn't remember the fast forward challenge from season 9 where is was BJ & Tyler versus Ray & Yolanda. The Fast Forward on this leg was to eat a bowl of fried crickets and grasshoppers (a local delicacy).

:P

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

injest

« Reply #4034 on: March 14, 2009, 10:26:20 am »
;D

Tsk! Someone doesn't remember the fast forward challenge from season 9 where is was BJ & Tyler versus Ray & Yolanda. The Fast Forward on this leg was to eat a bowl of fried crickets and grasshoppers (a local delicacy).

:P

hmm..you are right but my point I guess is that the food is always something the locals eat regularly, not something that is ONLY picked to gross us out..

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #4035 on: March 14, 2009, 10:49:47 am »
hmm..you are right but my point I guess is that the food is always something the locals eat regularly, not something that is ONLY picked to gross us out..

Jess........so where are they now and what's the local bug delicacy?  Please tell me it's not Sue's neighborhood with them grub thingies. 

injest

« Reply #4036 on: March 14, 2009, 10:53:58 am »
Jess........so where are they now and what's the local bug delicacy?  Please tell me it's not Sue's neighborhood with them grub thingies. 

well the last show they were in Europe...anyone know where they are going this week?

they have to go all the way around the world...so they will be heading to Asia or Africa one!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #4037 on: March 14, 2009, 11:02:14 am »
well the last show they were in Europe...anyone know where they are going this week?

they have to go all the way around the world...so they will be heading to Asia or Africa one!

Oh great.  No bugs there!

injest

« Reply #4038 on: March 14, 2009, 11:07:53 am »
Oh great.  No bugs there!

LOL!! if they have a bug eating contest, you can turn the channel and we will tell you when it is over! PROMISE!

you will like it I think...it is a little different than most reality shows because they don't have to humiliate themselves or each other, and they mostly compete against themselves. there is always someone you really don't like but this year everyone seems pretty nice. MY fave is Luke and his mom, he is deaf and there is rumors he is gay...David WAS for the gay dad and son combo, but now he is a Luke fan too!

I DONT want the red headed women to win but dont' HATE them like I have some couples in the past

injest

« Reply #4039 on: March 14, 2009, 11:13:15 am »
here is one of the challenges...just to give you an idea...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQtlRqT9tBg&feature=related[/youtube]