Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2148528 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #4070 on: March 15, 2009, 03:48:31 am »
Go RV'ing!

Indiana gave them to ya. Too bad the economy killed them for ya! :(

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #4071 on: March 15, 2009, 03:50:38 am »
they'll come back! someday...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4072 on: March 15, 2009, 03:57:35 am »
David, Chicago might happen cause it looks like I am going to have all of my three jobs in the fall which places me in great shape. Everybody tells me Chicago is a place I would like cause of the ability to walk around and get around without a car, the skyscrapers, and the historic places.  So I guess those are the things I want to know about. I really don't care about the "gay" places since I was not turned on by Castro in SF, West Hollywood in LA, or the Stonewall area of NYC. I'm not visiting cause I am gay, I am visiting cause of the city. I want a nice hotel downtown where I can get around to what I want to see.

That is very true Jack! It's called the "El". El meaning elevated.Think of a subway above the ground rather than below. Chicago is vey easy to navigate! :)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4073 on: March 15, 2009, 03:59:38 am »
That is good to know.........so it is like NYC and LA

injest

« Reply #4074 on: March 15, 2009, 04:02:51 am »
That is very true Jack! It's called the "El". El meaning elevated.Think of a subway above the ground rather than below. Chicago is vey easy to navigate! :)

oh!! I always thought it was the "L" train, and didn't know WHY they would call it that!

see? I learned something!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4075 on: March 16, 2009, 12:58:10 am »
Isn't this cool?

I once saw this for sale at the Circle Center Mall downtown but I didn't buy it. Normally you had to special order it, but they had several for sale. If I ever see it again I'll definately buy it.

It's an Airstream trailer (no, Airstreams are not made in Indiana, they are made next door in Ohio) and it is fully detailed. You can lift the roof off and see the interior. The awning cranks back too, and some of the windows open. If I remember correctly it was about 15 inches in length. It was quite expensive, but it is a collector's item. :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4076 on: March 16, 2009, 01:03:32 am »
oh!! I always thought it was the "L" train, and didn't know WHY they would call it that!

see? I learned something!

Some people spell it "L" I think. Others spell it "El". Anyway, the L or El comes from the fact that it is elevated, although if I remember correctly some of it actually goes underground like a regular subway. I've been on the El several times and I think I remember going underground for a quick minute or two during the trip. :)

injest

« Reply #4077 on: March 16, 2009, 01:11:43 am »
Isn't this cool?

I once saw this for sale at the Circle Center Mall downtown but I didn't buy it. Normally you had to special order it, but they had several for sale. If I ever see it again I'll definately buy it.

It's an Airstream trailer (no, Airstreams are not made in Indiana, they are made next door in Ohio) and it is fully detailed. You can lift the roof off and see the interior. The awning cranks back too, and some of the windows open. If I remember correctly it was about 15 inches in length. It was quite expensive, but it is a collector's item. :)

it's CUTE!!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #4078 on: March 17, 2009, 08:32:52 am »
Happy St. Patrick's Day, David!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4079 on: March 18, 2009, 04:44:27 pm »
Happy St. Patrick's Day, David!

Thanks Chuck! :-*

I hope you had a very happy St. Patrick's Day! Did you catch any leprochauns yesterday?

It suddenly got very dark outside! It looks like twilight out there. I think we must have a nasty storm coming our way. I will turn on the Weather Channel and see what they have to say about it. There's no storm sirens going off, so the storms must not be too bad. It's creepy how dark is suddenly became out there though. :P