Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2147830 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #4130 on: March 28, 2009, 01:33:24 pm »
That DOES sound interesting! I almost think I saw a movie like that once. Maybe they made a movie based on the book you read!

I like vampire movies where they don't make the vampires into absolute monsters. I like vampires that are mysterious but not necessarily evil, like Louis in Interview With The Vampire!

Armand to Louis: "A vampire with a human soul. Lestat must have wept when he made you."

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4131 on: March 28, 2009, 01:56:46 pm »
Hmmm don't like vampires much. I am just a big wuss (coward) I only ever saw one horror film, The Exorcist and it scared the crap out of me. I was 16 and have never been able to listen to tubular bells since.
I slept for months with my rosary beads, a palm leaf cross, from Palm Sunday and my light on.

I also reverted to reading my kid Enid Blyton books.  James loves horror films, but Matt saw his 1st one last night and was a wreck.He ended up in bed with me, God love him. I notice he has also covered the mirror in his bathroom !!

Still horses for courses as they say, my big "thing" is 2 gay men making out. I used to frequent the gay clubs in Manchester many a weekend. Not only was there some serious eye candy, they were by far and away the most fun clubs.

In fact during the day, half the office folk would have lunch in the bars.  Maybe it's a European thing, but gay bars and clubs were always the most fun places to hang out. Even on honeymoon, 2nd husband, in Santorini, we ended up in the gay clubs. Boy they sure know how to party.

Tooth wise, I am in heaven, much to most people's horror, I attacked the abscess with a sterile needle this morning. It had just become visible. It hurt so bad for an instant , I thought I would faint, then almost instant relief. So I am a much happier bunny now. The antibiotics should take care of the rest, and the Codeine, will come in handy for my shoulder.

Picked up some tea this morning too,so will keep you posted on how that goes.Also bought in a supply of everything lavender I could find, to hopefully introduce some calm to the house.

The oyster sale, never happened as the man never turned up. Nigel rang and said just have a relaxing day.

IfI come across any stray vampires, like you do, I will send them over your way. !!!  Actually anything is posible where the shop is.We have both a Warlock and a witch come into the store, or so the staff tell me.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #4132 on: March 28, 2009, 03:33:25 pm »
I can deal with Vampires.....just keep the zombies away.

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

injest

« Reply #4133 on: March 28, 2009, 07:42:36 pm »
That DOES sound interesting! I almost think I saw a movie like that once. Maybe they made a movie based on the book you read!

I like vampire movies where they don't make the vampires into absolute monsters. I like vampires that are mysterious but not necessarily evil, like Louis in Interview With The Vampire!

Armand to Louis: "A vampire with a human soul. Lestat must have wept when he made you."

I think this was a SEXY movie!

I even liked Tom Cruise in it!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4134 on: March 28, 2009, 07:47:19 pm »
You saw that movie Jess? I loved it too! I have it on DVD. I watch it sometimes.

Yeah, Tom is really good as Lestat. And Brad did a good job playing Louis.

Did you know all of Anne Rice's vampires are bisexual? I remember her saying that.

injest

« Reply #4135 on: March 28, 2009, 07:49:30 pm »
You saw that movie Jess? I loved it too! I have it on DVD. I watch it sometimes.

Yeah, Tom is really good as Lestat. And Brad did a good job playing Louis.

Did you know all of Anne Rice's vampires are bisexual? I remember her saying that.

I think some of them were more on one side or the other.... ;D ;)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4136 on: March 28, 2009, 07:52:22 pm »
Well, Lestat was clearly in love with Louis. And in some ways I think Louis was in love with Lestat. Armand was definately in love with Louis, and I think Louis and Armand probably would have gotten together had it not been due to the fact that Armand was behind Claudia's death. Louis could never forgive Armand for that.

Louis' heart was really with Claudia. I think Louis enjoyed playing a father figure to Claudia. Or at least trying to be a father as best as he could.

injest

« Reply #4137 on: March 28, 2009, 07:54:05 pm »
Well, Lestat was clearly in love with Louis. And in some ways I think Louis was in love with Lestat. Armand was definately in love with Louis, and I think Louis and Armand probably would have gotten together had it not been due to the fact that Armand was behind Claudia's death. Louis could never forgive Armand for that.

Louis' heart was really with Claudia. I think Louis enjoyed playing a father figure to Claudia. Or at least trying to be a father as best as he could.

Armand was the only vampire I felt did NOT fit very well....in the books he is very different. Antonio Banderas was NOT a good fit

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4138 on: March 28, 2009, 07:56:46 pm »
There were quite a few changes between the movie and the book. Most of them were subtle though. I'd love to read the book again. I don't have my copy anymore. I donated it to Goodwill I think.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4139 on: March 28, 2009, 07:59:19 pm »
I can deal with Vampires.....just keep the zombies away.

:laugh:

Eww yes! I totally agree. Zombies are ALWAYS mean. And they are disgusting too! :P