Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2147855 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #4340 on: April 27, 2009, 11:54:38 pm »
I'm guessing that tree is either a cherry or a plum. 

The magnolias in Boston were at their peak last week.  Heavenly smell!

Also, the pear trees are spectacular this year; some streets are lined with them on both sides.  With millions of tiny white flowers, it looks like it's snowing.

Hi Paul! Our magnolias hit their peak a couple of weeks ago - except for the magnolias like the one in Dad's yard. They always bloom during the very late spring and the summer.

We have lots of magnolias here. People are often amazed at all the different varieties of magnolias in Indiana. They are very beautiful and you are correct, they smell very good too. I love all the various flowering trees. They make the air smell very sweet during the spring. I love it! :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #4341 on: April 28, 2009, 12:04:56 am »
BAD DAVID!! >:(

do you need a SPANKING??!!

:o :o

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4342 on: April 28, 2009, 12:11:59 am »
do you need a SPANKING??!!

:o :o

Ummmm.....

Well........ :-\

I'll leave that up to all of you to decide! ;)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4343 on: April 28, 2009, 01:15:52 am »
I just read a disgusting article over on AOL about a man who cut a pacemaker out of his father. He hit his father upside the head with a flashlight and then again with a  piece of lumber. Then he proceeded to cut the pacemaker out of his father's chest.

They arrested him thank God, but the authorities won't say how the father is doing.

That is just horrible. :(

http://news.aol.com/article/pacemaker-cut-from-chest/446651

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #4344 on: April 28, 2009, 06:18:54 am »
I just read a disgusting article over on AOL about a man who cut a pacemaker out of his father. He hit his father upside the head with a flashlight and then again with a  piece of lumber. Then he proceeded to cut the pacemaker out of his father's chest.

They arrested him thank God, but the authorities won't say how the father is doing.

That is just horrible. :(

http://news.aol.com/article/pacemaker-cut-from-chest/446651

Good lord!  I hope they throw the book at him!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #4345 on: April 28, 2009, 07:45:11 am »
There are definately some sick pricks out there.

There was a news item here yesterday about a man who has been charged with attempted murder, for raping his 2 year old son, who is in a critical condition in hospital.

I cant think of a punishment bad enough for someone like that.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #4346 on: April 28, 2009, 08:14:10 am »
eesh to both those stories.  :(
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #4347 on: April 28, 2009, 09:06:49 am »
There are definately some sick pricks out there.

There was a news item here yesterday about a man who has been charged with attempted murder, for raping his 2 year old son, who is in a critical condition in hospital.

I cant think of a punishment bad enough for someone like that.

:o

sick

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

injest

« Reply #4348 on: April 29, 2009, 12:42:40 am »
evening, David!!

here is a Milly story...

Milly is my all black kitty and she is very retiring and quiet...even at dinner she rarely meows..

but she LOVES to chase the light from a flashlight...you know, when you shine it on the ceiling or wall? she meows and jumps trying to get it.

so I got a little laser pointer, and she LOVES it...but I am a little nervous about it, cause I don't want her to look into it and hurt her eyes, so whenever she pounces I turn it off..

SHE thinks it is under her foot, so she raises her paw up very carefully looking under it to try to find it..

it is so CUTE!!

(she is not very smart...if the light goes behind her she thinks it disappeared and she won't chase it anymore...it has to be right in front of her)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4349 on: April 29, 2009, 12:48:35 am »
evening, David!!

here is a Milly story...

Milly is my all black kitty and she is very retiring and quiet...even at dinner she rarely meows..

but she LOVES to chase the light from a flashlight...you know, when you shine it on the ceiling or wall? she meows and jumps trying to get it.

so I got a little laser pointer, and she LOVES it...but I am a little nervous about it, cause I don't want her to look into it and hurt her eyes, so whenever she pounces I turn it off..

SHE thinks it is under her foot, so she raises her paw up very carefully looking under it to try to find it..

it is so CUTE!!

(she is not very smart...if the light goes behind her she thinks it disappeared and she won't chase it anymore...it has to be right in front of her)

Oh I do the very same thing with my cat!! He loves chasing the flashlight. Alex used to tease Oreo with the flashlight too (he called it a "torch" :laugh: ). Oreo will spend hours chasing the flashlight beam if I'd let him. I even managed to take a picture of it once. He pounced on the wall and I snapped the picture, but it was wiped out during the virus attack on my computer last year.

Yeah, be careful with the laser beam. You don't want to hurt his eyes. Maybe you can take a picture! You have to be quick though, and turn off the flash. Set your camera on a tripod and use a fast shutter speed with a high ISO (600-800).