Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2147848 times)

injest

Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #4350 on: April 29, 2009, 12:54:48 am »
Milly doesnt' play very much so it is fun to see her get so excited...she will leap and pounce for a few minutes then she will look around like she is thinking "I hope no one saw me doing all that"...and she likes to be petted but in only THREE places...one on a tall shelf she likes to sleep on, beside the chair I sit in to surf the net, and my lap when I am sitting in my chair...she won't let me pet her anywhere else...if I try she runs and jumps up to the ledge and waits for me to follow her there. If she is not thru being petted she will grab me with her paw when I stop...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4351 on: April 29, 2009, 12:58:17 am »
Milly doesnt' play very much so it is fun to see her get so excited...she will leap and pounce for a few minutes then she will look around like she is thinking "I hope no one saw me doing all that"...and she likes to be petted but in only THREE places...one on a tall shelf she likes to sleep on, beside the chair I sit in to surf the net, and my lap when I am sitting in my chair...she won't let me pet her anywhere else...if I try she runs and jumps up to the ledge and waits for me to follow her there. If she is not thru being petted she will grab me with her paw when I stop...

Aww how cute! Cats are so cute! :-*

Didn't one of them dump a soft drink into your keyboard once? Or am I thinking of someone else?

One time while I was busy posting, Oreo jumped up on my back, dug his claws into me and I fell out of my chair. That was NOT funny.

It is now though. :laugh:

He scared the FIRE out of me when he did that. I still don't know what made him do it. Cats are very moody animals sometimes.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #4352 on: April 29, 2009, 01:00:11 am »
Aww how cute! Cats are so cute! :-*

Didn't one of them dump a soft drink into your keyboard once? Or am I thinking of someone else?

One time while I was busy posting, Oreo jumped up on my back, dug his claws into me and I fell out of my chair. That was NOT funny.

It is now though. :laugh:

He scared the FIRE out of me when he did that. I still don't know what made him do it. Cats are very moody animals sometimes.

I am sorry but that is funny!! silly Oreo!!

yep, that was me...that was my boy tabby, Crybaby!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4353 on: April 29, 2009, 01:06:19 am »
I am sorry but that is funny!! silly Oreo!!

yep, that was me...that was my boy tabby, Crybaby!

I wonder what makes them suddenly turn like that? I will be sitting there petting him, and then he'll run away, come back, look me in the eye and hiss.... and then suddenly he's purring again and back on my lap. I don't understand him. I don't think I understand CATS! :laugh:

Interesting.

He's such a cute little tuxedo cat but he mystifes me sometimes. He sure is cute and loving though... most of the time! :laugh:

injest

« Reply #4354 on: April 29, 2009, 01:07:53 am »
I wonder what makes them suddenly turn like that? I will be sitting there petting him, and then he'll run away, come back, look me in the eye and hiss.... and then suddenly he's purring again and back on my lap. I don't understand him. I don't think I understand CATS! :laugh:

Interesting.

He's such a cute little tuxedo cat but he mystifes me sometimes. He sure is cute and loving though... most of the time! :laugh:

they get overstimulated I think...they are very sensitive..

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4355 on: April 29, 2009, 01:55:04 am »
they get overstimulated I think...they are very sensitive..

Overstimulated or overneurotic! :laugh:

The jury is still out on that one! ;)

injest

« Reply #4356 on: April 29, 2009, 02:20:58 am »
Overstimulated or overneurotic! :laugh:

The jury is still out on that one! ;)

:laugh: :laugh:

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #4357 on: April 29, 2009, 04:27:11 am »

Interesting.

We used to have a cat once, which we think was part feral. Sometimes she would let us pat her, once, twice, three times, four times, the WHAM out came the paw with a quck swish, she had had enough.

She was so anti social she used to sit on the ROOF of the patio to be fed, and hubby would reach up and slide her food dish up there every night for her.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

injest

« Reply #4358 on: April 29, 2009, 07:12:08 am »
We used to have a cat once, which we think was part feral. Sometimes she would let us pat her, once, twice, three times, four times, the WHAM out came the paw with a quck swish, she had had enough.

She was so anti social she used to sit on the ROOF of the patio to be fed, and hubby would reach up and slide her food dish up there every night for her.

cats go by the ol saying "you only hurt the ones you love...and anyone else you can reach..."

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #4359 on: April 29, 2009, 07:20:03 am »
Yeah, Blaze is crazy too.

He'll be just over a year in June.....he's still in playful mode sometimes.....he has to be in the right mood to be petted.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!