Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2147803 times)

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #4360 on: April 29, 2009, 07:30:23 am »
Hey folks.  Ive been reading a little bit of your blog and it seems to be a lot about pets.

We've had a few different cats.  The last one left is thumper.  He's all white with one blue eye and one gold eye. Thumper is about 12 years old now.  I know he's getting old, but he's still got a LOT of life in him.

He likes to play and loves to be petted, but hates to be picked up.  He's afraid of people he doesnt know and runs and hides from when there's someone he doesnt know in the house.

Lately he just stays in the back bedroom, but goes out everyday or night.  The dogs have him scared shitless.  Mainly our Poco.  Poco torchers Thumper.  Its so sad.  Poor Thumps

injest

« Reply #4361 on: April 29, 2009, 07:33:22 am »
Hey folks.  Ive been reading a little bit of your blog and it seems to be a lot about pets.

We've had a few different cats.  The last one left is thumper.  He's all white with one blue eye and one gold eye. Thumper is about 12 years old now.  I know he's getting old, but he's still got a LOT of life in him.

He likes to play and loves to be petted, but hates to be picked up.  He's afraid of people he doesnt know and runs and hides from when there's someone he doesnt know in the house.

Lately he just stays in the back bedroom, but goes out everyday or night.  The dogs have him scared shitless.  Mainly our Poco.  Poco torchers Thumper.  Its so sad.  Poor Thumps

I have found with cats that when they get a certain age, they DO spend a lot of time hiding and sleeping...not so sure it is because of the dogs (but I dont' know your situation, I am just talking about my experiences.._)

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #4362 on: April 29, 2009, 08:05:31 am »
I have found with cats that when they get a certain age, they DO spend a lot of time hiding and sleeping...not so sure it is because of the dogs (but I dont' know your situation, I am just talking about my experiences.._)

Hey Jess.  Our newest jrt actually tries to attack thumper, and he's got the other dogs after him too.

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #4363 on: April 29, 2009, 08:20:13 am »
Another cat we owned one time, a gorgeous ginger male.....we aquired him when we bought a house, as the previous owners were going overseas.

You know, that cat made us feel like we were visiting HIM, the whole time we had him. He never really accepted that the house was ours, as far as he was concerned, it was HIS.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

injest

« Reply #4364 on: April 29, 2009, 08:23:48 am »
Hey Jess.  Our newest jrt actually tries to attack thumper, and he's got the other dogs after him too.

I hope then you are very careful to keep them seperate.

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #4365 on: April 29, 2009, 08:48:02 am »
I hope then you are very careful to keep them seperate.

Oh yes.  Absolutley!  Whenever Thumper goes out or comes in we always make sure the dogs are outside in the fenced in back yard far from Thumper.  We also make sure that they dont get in HIS room.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4366 on: April 30, 2009, 11:27:44 pm »
I just renewed my virus and spyware software. After I typed in my credit card information it told me I needed to download a file. So I started downloading it. That was nearly 3 hours ago and the counter is at 34%. ::)

Why the hell do I need to download a file if I'm only renewing my SUBSCRIPTION?! >:(

I have to download a file for my spyware program too, but I have no idea how big it is. And now my computer is running very slow. Damn dial-up. :P

I still don't understand why I have to download all this shit.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #4367 on: April 30, 2009, 11:32:07 pm »
I just renewed my virus and spyware software. After I typed in my credit card information it told me I needed to download a file. So I started downloading it. That was nearly 3 hours ago and the counter is at 34%. ::)

Why the hell do I need to download a file if I'm only renewing my SUBSCRIPTION?! >:(

I have to download a file for my spyware program too, but I have no idea how big it is. And now my computer is running very slow. Damn dial-up. :P

to keep the buggerbears out of your computer!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4368 on: April 30, 2009, 11:38:55 pm »
I just don't understand it. ???

This (I think) is a whole new program. I already HAVE the program. I just need to continue my subscription. The updates. I think I did something wrong. This shouldn't be happening. And it will take forever to finally download. This file won't be done until 5 or 6 in the morning! And I don't think I even need it.

But I'm not sure.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #4369 on: April 30, 2009, 11:41:10 pm »

I just don't understand it. ???

This (I think) is a whole new program. I already HAVE the program. I just need to continue my subscription. The updates. I think I did something wrong. This shouldn't be happening. And it will take forever to finally download. This file won't be done until 5 or 6 in the morning! And I don't think I even need it.

But I'm not sure.

WELLTHERE IS ONE SOLUTION........

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection