Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2149286 times)

Offline wulfar360

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • myspace
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #1370 on: January 31, 2007, 07:41:55 pm »
Hi david,

I am VJ new member from India, Asia presently @ Bridgeport,WV for an assignement. I read about your Indiana & Vinegar story it's good & happy that u realized there is more than that in the world.

Some time I feel very sad & depressed about my gay relation but when I think others problems & facts going on this world I feel much better than them & feel good about my self. That's life I belive........

Nice experience & good read interesting blogs............have agreat day friend

Vijay (VJ) ::)

how  are you liking wv Vijay  its a beautifull area -) i live in vienna wv towards the northern part
Sometimes it all still feels like a mass of dots               
but
more and more these days
I feel like we're all connected
and it's beautiful   
and funny
and good.

Aaron Davis Latter Days

"Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are  not"

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #1371 on: January 31, 2007, 09:09:19 pm »
I know American football isn't the most popular subject on this board. I think it's a fairly safe bet most of you will not be watching the Super Bowl this Sunday.

But for those of you living in the U.S., you may want to watch "Animal Planet" this Sunday. They will be airing "Puppy Bowl III" and it's very cute. The show features cute puppies cavorting in a Super Bowl themed play pen. The Puppy Bowl is two or three hours in length, and Animal Planet will replay the program several times on Sunday.

You probably should record it too, because it's very cute and you will want to watch it over and over again.  :)

There's only one bloody game worth playing, mate, and that's RUGBY!!!   :laugh:

Ya wouldn't git no "Puppy Bowl" or "Kitten Half Time Show" at no RUGBY game, mate!   :-\

American football   ???  Strictly for girly men!!!    :o   Tst!
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1372 on: January 31, 2007, 09:15:16 pm »

Ya wouldn't git no "Puppy Bowl" or "Kitten Half Time Show" at no RUGBY game, mate!   :-\

Rugby! Alex was telling me about that sport. He played it in high school, or college. That game is really ROUGH!

But I don't think you understand Kerry. The Puppy Bowl isn't played at the Super Bowl. It's just a show Animal Planet broadcasts the same day as the Super Bowl. Puppies are seen running around in a football arena themed pen and it's really cute. But it is entirely separate from the Super Bowl. I guess you could say it's in honor of the Super Bowl.

I think Puppy Rugby would be cute too!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #1373 on: January 31, 2007, 10:26:59 pm »
I know American football isn't the most popular subject on this board. I think it's a fairly safe bet most of you will not be watching the Super Bowl this Sunday.

But for those of you living in the U.S., you may want to watch "Animal Planet" this Sunday. They will be airing "Puppy Bowl III" and it's very cute. The show features cute puppies cavorting in a Super Bowl themed play pen. The Puppy Bowl is two or three hours in length, and Animal Planet will replay the program several times on Sunday.

You probably should record it too, because it's very cute and you will want to watch it over and over again.  :)

Hey!! Looks like the Bears are the faves...but they have that curse working against them so....cross your fingers!!!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1374 on: February 01, 2007, 12:06:18 am »
What you mean the Bears are the fave? The Indianapolis Colts are favored by 7 points!

Not only that, but in the recent polls, 60% think Indianapolis will win the Super Bowl.

Now, this may sound like good news for Indianapolis but it really isn't. Why? Because Indianapolis has a tendancy to lose the games it should win.

So, this means Chicago will probably win the Super Bowl. So, I guess you are right Jess!   :P

(Don't you just love my logic?)   ???

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1375 on: February 01, 2007, 12:18:08 am »
Has it already been a year? We have an anniversary coming up I think!  :-*

Yup! It's almost been a year Melissa! Tempus Fugit!  :D

injest

« Reply #1376 on: February 01, 2007, 12:20:27 am »
What you mean the Bears are the fave? The Indianapolis Colts are favored by 7 points!

Not only that, but in the recent polls, 60% think Indianapolis will win the Super Bowl.

Now, this may sound like good news for Indianapolis but it really isn't. Why? Because Indianapolis has a tendancy to lose the games it should win.

So, this means Chicago will probably win the Super Bowl. So, I guess you are right Jess!   :P

(Don't you just love my logic?)   ???

BUT!! the Bears have the CURSE...so they are NOT gonna win...

it is in the bag I tell you!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1377 on: February 01, 2007, 01:07:21 am »
BUT!! the Bears have the CURSE...so they are NOT gonna win...

it is in the bag I tell you!!

Haha. Well, I think the "curse" only counts for the Cubs! We're playing the Bears. They do have one of the worst Quarterbacks in the NFL though. So maybe the QB is cursing them this year.  :)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #1378 on: February 01, 2007, 02:18:52 am »

Now, Kerry, I hate to be contentious (yeah, right! ;) ) and I enjoy Peyton Manning's attributes, probably as much as David, but...

there's a little game we Americans have discovered called soccer, or football to the rest of the world!

And I wouldn't say it's for manly girls, rather ... girls with grit!  See my new thread at

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,7813.msg149495.html#msg149495

That Sheriff Roland has too much testosterone pumping over there - It's my duty to add some estrogen to restore the balance of power, I think!

8)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1379 on: February 01, 2007, 02:47:30 am »

how  are you liking wv Vijay  its a beautifull area -) i live in vienna wv towards the northern part

Vienna, WV is near the Ohio River isn't it Wulfie? Yeah, that's a beautiful area. I always loved watching the paddle wheel riverboats plow down the Ohio River when I lived in Evansville, Indiana. There's still quite a few of them going up and down the river. I remember, as they pulled into the port in Evansville, they would blast their horns to announce their arrival. They were steam whistles and they made a deep, loud "AHHHHHH" sound. Those horns were so loud they shook the ground and hurt my ears, but I loved it!  :D

Most of those paddle wheels were coming from places like Cincinnati and New Orleans, but they always stopped in Evansville for a few hours. Everyone would disembark, shop for a few hours, then climb back on the boat again. The "American Queen" was one of my favorites. She wasn't an old boat like some of the others. She was new and very high tech....and very beautiful. I think New Orleans is her home port. She stood over eight stories high. It was an amazing experience to see her paddle her way into the Evansville docks.  :)