Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2149216 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #1490 on: February 17, 2007, 02:39:13 am »
Right there with you David, enough of the snow!!! I'd be happy with temps in the 40's right now!!  Can't wait for Spring.  We're slated for more snow this weekend too.  :(

I'd be happy with temps in the 20's!! It went down to -6 F last night!  :(

Just before the blizzard on Monday, it was 26 F outside and it felt like Florida. That's just pitiful. I can't wait for Spring either!

Glad to see the "925" has gone, David. I like the new look!  :D

Thanks Kerry! I like it better too.  :D

Actually the 925 was my birthday; September 25. But I always thought the 925 made my screen name look computer generated.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1491 on: February 19, 2007, 08:15:58 am »
Hi David,
I was wondering if this song was a bigger hit in your state than it was in mine.  Do you remember this song?     

"Indiana Wants Me"

(As recorded by R. Dean Taylor)

whoa!  "Indiana Wants Me" was one of my favorite songs - when was it, 1971? 72? I didn't have to wonder where Indiana was, however, because when I was 15 I trekked in a bus with about 40 other teenagers cross-country from Massachusetts to Chicago, IL for a national music championship and came back with 1st place and the first kiss of congratulations (on the cheek) from the musician I first fell in love with - even though our band did not place and we were very upset.  Individually, however, we cleaned up trophy-wise.

I lurv your blog!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1492 on: February 23, 2007, 08:56:46 pm »

whoa!  "Indiana Wants Me" was one of my favorite songs - when was it, 1971? 72? I didn't have to wonder where Indiana was, however, because when I was 15 I trekked in a bus with about 40 other teenagers cross-country from Massachusetts to Chicago, IL for a national music championship and came back with 1st place and the first kiss of congratulations (on the cheek) from the musician I first fell in love with - even though our band did not place and we were very upset.  Individually, however, we cleaned up trophy-wise.

I lurv your blog!

Way to go, LOUISE!!  :D

Thanks for your compliments on my blog! I haven't posted in it for a few days and I need to start doing it again.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1493 on: February 23, 2007, 09:00:10 pm »
I just found a quick and easy way to make ginger ale!

haha. I LOVE ginger ale, and sometimes I run out of it.

It's really easy to make. Just mix 1/3 Coke (Coca Cola, Pepsi, etc) and 2/3 Seven-Up or Sprite and add some ice!

It really does taste like ginger ale. I just tried it.  :D

Offline HerrKaiser

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1494 on: February 23, 2007, 09:16:14 pm »
that red vinyl record is a REAL keeper. those productions were usuallly short runs for promotional purposes. I have a red vinyl Elvis Presley Christmas record and it is wonderful.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1495 on: February 25, 2007, 08:56:08 pm »
that red vinyl record is a REAL keeper. those productions were usuallly short runs for promotional purposes. I have a red vinyl Elvis Presley Christmas record and it is wonderful.

I have several of those colored vinyl records too. They were my Mothers. Some are red and others are blue or green. Some of them are clear too. You can see right through them. Very cool looking!  8)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1496 on: February 25, 2007, 08:57:19 pm »
Has anyone tried to make their own ginger ale yet?  :D

Or did I scare everyone off?

injest

« Reply #1497 on: February 25, 2007, 10:41:54 pm »
Has anyone tried to make their own ginger ale yet?  :D

Or did I scare everyone off?

I don't have any Sprite...so I drank all the Coke... ;D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1498 on: February 25, 2007, 11:10:22 pm »
I don't have any Sprite...so I drank all the Coke... ;D

Well Jess, you won't be able to make any ginger ale until you go to the store. You need Sprite and Coke to make ginger ale. Of course, if you're gonna go to the store, I guess you could just pick some ginger ale, couldn't you? But maybe you don't like ginger ale, in which case you wouldn't buy any. You would just buy some Sprite and Coke. Unless you do actually like ginger ale. Then, I guess you could pick up some ginger ale, Coke and Sprite. But maybe you don't like Coke and Sprite. Then you would just buy ginger ale. Either way, you're gonna have to go to the store. So now we are right back where we started aren't we? So why are we even talking about this?  ;)   :D

injest

« Reply #1499 on: February 25, 2007, 11:13:26 pm »
Well Jess, you won't be able to make any ginger ale until you go to the store. You need Sprite and Coke to make ginger ale. Of course, if you're gonna go to the store, I guess you could just pick some ginger ale, couldn't you? But maybe you don't like ginger ale, in which case you wouldn't buy any. You would just buy some Sprite and Coke. Unless you do actually like ginger ale. Then, I guess you could pick up some ginger ale, Coke and Sprite. But maybe you don't like Coke and Sprite. Then you would just buy ginger ale. Either way, you're gonna have to go to the store. So now we are right back where we started aren't we? So why are we even talking about this?  ;)   :D

well since I LIKE Coke...and I LIKE Sprite...I should buy those two...and if I need some Ginger Ale...I will be set! and save some money!!