Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2149197 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #2100 on: November 13, 2007, 06:30:44 pm »
I'm a firm believer in angels, David. And I know I have my own personal guardian angels who look after me. I know for sure that one is my Dad. He is a very powerful, protective force and is always close to me.

On the subject of reality and what we perceive reality to be, I remember something my Mum once said to me. Mum said that there are two kinds of people in a nursing home. The first kind are those who are in full command of their faculties, are fully aware that they are stuck in a nursing home, and hatefully resent the fact. The second kind are those who are "off with the fairies" (Mum's expression) and are blissfully unaware of their situation. Mum added that if ever she finds herself in a nursing home, she hoped she would be in the latter category. Thankfully, that was never to be.

Re extraterrestrial life, IMHO I consider it the height of arrogance to contend that tiny, insignificant little Earth is the only speck in all Infinity with life on it. I'm with you, David. We are not alone!  :D 

Hi Kerry! :)

I very much believe in angels, and guardian angels.

I remember once when I was about 7 or 8 years old I suddenly woke up during the middle of the night, only to find a very strong and powerful man standing next to my bed. His entire body was glowing and he was smiling lovingly down at me. Now that I think about it, he was actually very handsome and I think he was fairly young; he looked like he was probably in his early to mid twenties. Now I know what people think when I tell them about this experience. But they must also remember that I was very young at the time; far too young to have such lustful thoughts. I saw what I saw. And I'm certain he was/is my guardian angel.

People often describe guardian angels as very feminine and "motherly" looking. Mine certainly doesn't look like that. Maybe some of the guardian angels are feminine, but I also think that gay people maybe need much more powerful angels. Maybe it's because of the extra dangers we are faced with each day. Also, I think gay people experience more spiritual dangers too. Guardian angels not only protect us physically, they protect us spiritually. And with all these religions speaking against us, it can be very easy for a gay person to lose their faith.

But I'll never forget seeing that cute, dark haired man standing next to my bed. And I've often wondered if he will ever appear to me again. I know he is with me all the time, but it sure would be nice to see him every once in awhile! :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #2101 on: November 13, 2007, 06:55:08 pm »
 ;D

(and loving the fridge/dog picture Kerry!!)
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2102 on: November 13, 2007, 07:23:52 pm »
They'd weigh the same, so they'd fall the same assuming the packaging was identical re wind speed, resistance etc.

But if the feather package broke open what a mess!  What a lightly falling mess!

That would be a MESS  :D Many of the feathers would take forever to land. Be sure to pack those feathers good. Have any of you ever driven by a chicken truck?

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #2103 on: November 13, 2007, 07:27:33 pm »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  I'll remember that next time!

Susie  :)

And remember that at Thanksgiving......rocks in the gizzard. In fact, remember that at all time Susie

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #2104 on: November 13, 2007, 07:37:15 pm »
David, that is just absolutely great what you wrote.......thanks, you sure did make me think  ;)

Jack

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #2105 on: November 13, 2007, 08:02:32 pm »
I had a very interesting experience back in the early 90s. At that time I had made all kinds of friends down in Winston-Salem and I was going down there camping, tubing, hiking and just having a good time with these people practically every weekend. There was one guy Rick. Anyway, this guy seemed to have certain things that went beyond the ordinary. He was actually quite funny, always some funny story to tell and everybody treated it as that. I remember he used to call and talk about the ghost in his house kept him up all night partying. He said another time that this guy, the ghost, was sitting on the edge of his bed. Another time the ghost had a friend over and had another party. Anyway, everybody thought all of this was funny. Nobody believed him. So it was getting near Christmas, maybe a little before or around Thanksgiving, and Rick suddenly was trying to give people his things. He said he wouldn't be around at Christmas so he wanted certain people to have certain things. Well, about 2 weeks before Christmas one of my other friends called and said that Rick had died from a massive heart attack the night before. I went down there closer to Christmas and found that these other people, his so called friends, had been going to his house taking things. I went into the house once with Jimmy and I have never felt a cold like that. After I saw what these people were doing I quit going down there. These people didn't have great luck after that. But, that New Years Eve, I was all by myself and at 12:00 midnight the bell that was on top of the Christmas tree that Rick had given me rang. It had never rang before during the whole time the tree had been up. It never did ring again. Of course, I thought it was strange. But what was stranger was that I went upstairs and laying beside my bed was something laying in the floor turned over. I turned it over and it was a picture of Rick standing in front of a Christmas trees from a few years before. I had never seen this picture before. Coincidence, it could be. Maybe the picture had been in something Rick had given me and it just fell out. However, I truly don't think any of it was a coincidence. I truly think he was saying goodbye. I had been the only one in that group of friends who had not ended up taking advantage of him. Oh, and by the way, the people who moved into his house next told another friend of mine down there that there was a ghost in the house that tended to be quite noisy. And I am not making any of this up. It is all the truth.

Jack

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #2106 on: November 14, 2007, 03:16:51 am »
Just dropped in to say Hi...and found your wonderful heartfelt post David.  It's beautiful, like you sweet boy  :-*

Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #2107 on: November 14, 2007, 04:48:40 am »
I had a very interesting experience back in the early 90s. At that time I had made all kinds of friends down in Winston-Salem and I was going down there camping, tubing, hiking and just having a good time with these people practically every weekend. There was one guy Rick. Anyway, this guy seemed to have certain things that went beyond the ordinary. He was actually quite funny, always some funny story to tell and everybody treated it as that. I remember he used to call and talk about the ghost in his house kept him up all night partying. He said another time that this guy, the ghost, was sitting on the edge of his bed. Another time the ghost had a friend over and had another party. Anyway, everybody thought all of this was funny. Nobody believed him. So it was getting near Christmas, maybe a little before or around Thanksgiving, and Rick suddenly was trying to give people his things. He said he wouldn't be around at Christmas so he wanted certain people to have certain things. Well, about 2 weeks before Christmas one of my other friends called and said that Rick had died from a massive heart attack the night before. I went down there closer to Christmas and found that these other people, his so called friends, had been going to his house taking things. I went into the house once with Jimmy and I have never felt a cold like that. After I saw what these people were doing I quit going down there. These people didn't have great luck after that. But, that New Years Eve, I was all by myself and at 12:00 midnight the bell that was on top of the Christmas tree that Rick had given me rang. It had never rang before during the whole time the tree had been up. It never did ring again. Of course, I thought it was strange. But what was stranger was that I went upstairs and laying beside my bed was something laying in the floor turned over. I turned it over and it was a picture of Rick standing in front of a Christmas trees from a few years before. I had never seen this picture before. Coincidence, it could be. Maybe the picture had been in something Rick had given me and it just fell out. However, I truly don't think any of it was a coincidence. I truly think he was saying goodbye. I had been the only one in that group of friends who had not ended up taking advantage of him. Oh, and by the way, the people who moved into his house next told another friend of mine down there that there was a ghost in the house that tended to be quite noisy. And I am not making any of this up. It is all the truth.

Jack

wow.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2108 on: November 14, 2007, 08:24:42 am »
that was lovely David!

This guy in the heartland decided to go plant the roots of the wild roses he brought back from NYC. Iin my luggage lo.

Rosa virginiana and an unknown very early blooming suckering species rose with lovely foliage.... Dug them up from a garden i planted with a very dear late friend.A garden they were too lazy to deal with and mowed down, obliterating a couple of thousand bucks worth of plants when all they had to do was remove perennials and leave the damned shrubs alone!. So while in NY I dug the roots up, prepared them, packed them and flew home with them. Also a few polygonatum tubers, and a very very rare true dwarf reblooming daily not in commerce.And decided to put the roses in the ground at 4 in the mornin, and no, I ain't jokin!

lol
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2109 on: November 14, 2007, 09:02:04 pm »

What the heck happened David?  Why did you have a big mess to clean up?   ???    ???

Beautiful mind