Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2149214 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #2340 on: January 16, 2008, 03:22:38 pm »
Hi Kelda!

Of course I'll be meeting Melissa in Holland. I'm planning to spend a few days in the Amsterdam area and then a few more in my ancestral Gelderland in the eastern part of the country. I'd love to meet up with you in London. We could meet there, or up in Newcastle. Either way is fine with me, just as long as I get to meet you! :)

Hey Gary!

I have my own house on the west side of town, but yeah, I've been staying at my Dad's house for much of the time these past few months. Generally I am at Dad's house for the first part of the week, and at my house in Speedway the during the weekends. It doesn't always work out that way though. My friend Cory also lives at my house and he keeps an eye on things while I'm at my Dad's.

YOU BET!!!! Newcastle would def work too!!!! Let me know x
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

injest

« Reply #2341 on: January 17, 2008, 01:11:17 am »
http://www.ufocasebook.com/bestufopictures6.html

ok...you like UFOs...Here is a bunch of SCARY pictures of them!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2342 on: January 17, 2008, 01:36:23 am »
Some of those pictures look very scary Jess. Some of them look like somebody tossed a frisbee in the air and then took a picture of it. People have been known to fling hubcaps from cars in the air and then take a picture. When magnified it often looks like the "UFO" has windows in it (from the spokes and holes in the hubcap).

But yeah, some of those pictures are indeed very scary looking!

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2343 on: January 17, 2008, 02:04:32 am »
Custom made belt buckles -- big ones -- they can be made with your name on them. Geez -- I guess you gotta be from Arkansas to get that one!!!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

LOL -- I didn't know men have hot flashes, David! I had hot flashes for a few months and then -- poof -- they stopped.

I'm probably the only person in Indiana who didn't know that Shasta. I must admit, belt buckles really don't peak my interest. What lies slightly behind and below them often interests me quite a bit.

It's considered "Hoosier" to have big belt buckles and I once had a beautiful one. Quarters were soldered together in the shape of a square, with a silver dollar in the middle. On the silver dollar, Lady Liberty was somehow made to "jump" forth from the coin. I don't know how they did this. They somehow pulled her head forward. It wasn't some sort of 3D or illusion. She was actually expanding out and away from the coin. I wish I still had that belt buckle, but when I moved to south Florida, some people told me it was illegal to own a belt buckle with legal tender soldered together and worn as a belt buckle. So I finally discarded it in the trash barrel.

People around here wear huge belt buckles; cowboy hats too. Many people don't know it, but we really do have cowboys in Indiana - working cowboys and cattle farms and everything. Lots of them. And I'll be sure to check out the belt buckles closer from now on. Like I said, I'm probably the only one in Indiana who didn't understand this question! :)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2344 on: January 17, 2008, 08:02:34 am »
I'm probably the only person in Indiana who didn't know that Shasta. I must admit, belt buckles really don't peak my interest. What lies slightly behind and below them often interests me quite a bit.

So....then -- we're on the same page.  ::)  8)  ;)  ;D
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

injest

« Reply #2345 on: January 17, 2008, 08:42:58 am »

It's considered "Hoosier" to have big belt buckles and I once had a beautiful one. Quarters were soldered together in the shape of a square, with a silver dollar in the middle. On the silver dollar, Lady Liberty was somehow made to "jump" forth from the coin. I don't know how they did this. They somehow pulled her head forward. It wasn't some sort of 3D or illusion. She was actually expanding out and away from the coin. I wish I still had that belt buckle, but when I moved to south Florida, some people told me it was illegal to own a belt buckle with legal tender soldered together and worn as a belt buckle. So I finally discarded it in the trash barrel.

People around here wear huge belt buckles; cowboy hats too. Many people don't know it, but we really do have cowboys in Indiana - working cowboys and cattle farms and everything. Lots of them. And I'll be sure to check out the belt buckles closer from now on. Like I said, I'm probably the only one in Indiana who didn't understand this question! :)

ok look.

you can buy a big ol buckle like Jacks... but you ain't no real cowboy unless you WIN one...

real cowboys will laugh at you if you buy a big ol buckle at the store!! you have to have the NAME of your association and what event you won on it! And trust me..cowboys can tell at a glance if your belt buckle is legit or not.

D and Jeff both have won buckles..wore them to the gay bar last Saturday. D said everyone wanted to touch their buckles....but kept MISSING cause of all the drinking they were doing!!  >:( >:( >:(

so they stopped letting 'em...

example:

now you CAN buy a belt buckle to wear but you have to make sure no one can 'think' you are attempting to lay claim to something you didn't earn...

example:

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2346 on: January 17, 2008, 05:36:46 pm »
Why would someone wear a Rodeo buckle for an event they didn't either participate in or win? Plain silly.

A lot of guys wear big buckles here but so far, the only ones I've seen from events were worn by men who were in those events.

All mine has is an aspen leaf.  I DO have 2 others---one with a horse, because i like horses, and another which my kid gave me, from the Northern Territories.

Seems idiotic to lay claim to being in an event you haven't been in!
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

injest

« Reply #2347 on: January 17, 2008, 08:42:56 pm »
Why would someone wear a Rodeo buckle for an event they didn't either participate in or win? Plain silly.

A lot of guys wear big buckles here but so far, the only ones I've seen from events were worn by men who were in those events.

All mine has is an aspen leaf.  I DO have 2 others---one with a horse, because i like horses, and another which my kid gave me, from the Northern Territories.

Seems idiotic to lay claim to being in an event you haven't been in!

they sell them in the western stores. I dont' know why people buy them!  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2348 on: January 17, 2008, 11:20:06 pm »
My mouth hurts. Not my mouth really. My lips. They hurt and they're burning. They're burning like hell fire. They aren't red, they aren't chapped. Nothing. But DAMN they burn. I wonder why? Is anyone elses's lips burning like fire tonight? It's making me mad and I'm fixing to get in a bad mood if it doesn't quit soon. >:(

they sell them in the western stores. I dont' know why people buy them!  :laugh: :laugh:

I'm learning all KINDS of things about belt buckles. Those buckles are beautiful Jess. I'll be watching around town for people wearing them. We don't have too many rodeos here in Indiana. We do have some though and the ones we have are quite big and they attract very large crowds. I've never been to any of them, but I've watched a few of them on TV. I wonder if they issued belt buckles like those as prizes in the rodeos here?

injest

« Reply #2349 on: January 18, 2008, 01:00:33 am »
My mouth hurts. Not my mouth really. My lips. They hurt and they're burning. They're burning like hell fire. They aren't red, they aren't chapped. Nothing. But DAMN they burn. I wonder why? Is anyone elses's lips burning like fire tonight? It's making me mad and I'm fixing to get in a bad mood if it doesn't quit soon. >:(

I'm learning all KINDS of things about belt buckles. Those buckles are beautiful Jess. I'll be watching around town for people wearing them. We don't have too many rodeos here in Indiana. We do have some though and the ones we have are quite big and they attract very large crowds. I've never been to any of them, but I've watched a few of them on TV. I wonder if they issued belt buckles like those as prizes in the rodeos here?

what have you been eating?? sounds like a food allergic reaction!! try some milk!