Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2149316 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #2600 on: May 14, 2008, 02:30:41 pm »
Wow, David and Chrissie, you two certainly have interesting and eventful summers planned  ;D

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #2601 on: May 14, 2008, 02:32:42 pm »
I have a dry itch in my throat!

I don't know why I felt the need to tell you all about it, but my eyes are watering and my dog is looking at me like I'm possessed! :laugh:

It's driving me NUTS!

I'm glad you didn't have what I had a couple of weeks ago. It started out that way, but then it turned into a real bad cold. I tried the whiskey, but it didn't have the honey, lemon, and water and it was not warmed up. It didn't work.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2602 on: May 15, 2008, 11:52:16 pm »
Every night around 11 or 11:30 the airport here begins to get very busy. We have a couple of very large shipping companies located here, and a lot of the freight being shipped across the country and even the world gets sorted and shipped through Indianapolis. Anyway, I'm listening to these jets rumble over the house - great big jets like 747s and 767s and for some reason it got me to thinking about my friends, both r/l and Internet, who live across this country and around the world.

And I started wondering if maybe some of those great big planes were heading to some of those places my friends live, or maybe they were arriving here from some of those places. Places like Georgia, North Carolina, Texas, Arkansas, California, Great Britain, Germany, Holland, Australia...

They start lining up over the skies here... great big jets lining up one after another to land at our airport and have their freight sorted and put on different planes to be sent to their final destinations. The sky is lit up with all these big jets, lining up in all different directions.

I wonder if any of them are headed to those places my friends live?

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #2603 on: May 15, 2008, 11:54:04 pm »
sometimes I think about how the things I use...like the food I eat or the clothes I wear have traveled more than I have!

kinda makes me sad sometimes....my tshirt saw more of the world than I did!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2604 on: May 15, 2008, 11:55:55 pm »
sometimes I think about how the things I use...like the food I eat or the clothes I wear have traveled more than I have!

kinda makes me sad sometimes....my tshirt saw more of the world than I did!

{{{JESS}}}

But you missed the point! Those big jets are making me think of all of you right now! :)

injest

« Reply #2605 on: May 16, 2008, 12:04:39 am »
{{{JESS}}}

But you missed the point! Those big jets are making me think of all of you right now! :)

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!

You are so sweet! I see TEXAS on your list!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #2606 on: May 16, 2008, 11:49:20 am »
And I see North Carolina on your list too  ;D

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #2607 on: May 16, 2008, 03:58:05 pm »
Every night around 11 or 11:30 the airport here begins to get very busy. We have a couple of very large shipping companies located here, and a lot of the freight being shipped across the country and even the world gets sorted and shipped through Indianapolis. Anyway, I'm listening to these jets rumble over the house - great big jets like 747s and 767s and for some reason it got me to thinking about my friends, both r/l and Internet, who live across this country and around the world.

And I started wondering if maybe some of those great big planes were heading to some of those places my friends live, or maybe they were arriving here from some of those places. Places like Georgia, North Carolina, Texas, Arkansas, California, Great Britain, Germany, Holland, Australia...

They start lining up over the skies here... great big jets lining up one after another to land at our airport and have their freight sorted and put on different planes to be sent to their final destinations. The sky is lit up with all these big jets, lining up in all different directions.

I wonder if any of them are headed to those places my friends live?
Well David,
You'll have to hop on one of the ones headed for Georgia!
Just get you a nice comfy crate and I'll come pick you up at the air cargo station and take you around Atlanta!
Boy, now you got me all wistful! Sure would be good to see ya one day! ;D
I'm not going to be able to see planes again without thinking the same thing.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2608 on: May 16, 2008, 04:37:39 pm »
Well David,
You'll have to hop on one of the ones headed for Georgia!
Just get you a nice comfy crate and I'll come pick you up at the air cargo station and take you around Atlanta!
Boy, now you got me all wistful! Sure would be good to see ya one day! ;D
I'm not going to be able to see planes again without thinking the same thing.

I always think about that when I see planes flying overhead. I wonder if they are coming in from places where my friends live, or taking off and heading to those different places. It's kind of a bittersweet thought for me, because it's nice to know we can fly to far away places very quickly, but it also reminds me of how far away some of my friends live from me.

Hey, Georgia is close to me Richard. I love Georgia and I've been there many times. I have a cousin who lives in Atlanta, and I also have some friends in Atlanta, Macon and Savannah. So, you never know! :D

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #2609 on: May 17, 2008, 01:29:07 am »
Hi David,
Did you know that John Cougar Mellencamp is from Indiana?

I am listening to albums.  The cool thing about LP's is info in the liner notes ;-).

Rain on the scarecrow, blood on the plough...
"Laß sein. Laß sein."