Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2149321 times)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #2830 on: June 23, 2008, 08:05:42 am »

He put the "ugh" in ugly!  :P :P
True dat!
Talk about a face only a mother could love!
I don't know Helen Keller could love that dog if she was the mother!  :P
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

injest

« Reply #2831 on: June 23, 2008, 08:23:30 am »
True dat!
Talk about a face only a mother could love!
I don't know Helen Keller could love that dog if she was the mother!  :P

you ever hear Jeff Foxworthy talking about ugly kids? "My friends can't go in a pet store...'hey mister you gonna have to pay for that' 'I HAD it when I came IN here!'"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

injest

« Reply #2832 on: June 23, 2008, 11:15:19 pm »
where David at tonight?? Did a horse bite HIM??!!

injest

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2834 on: June 26, 2008, 12:00:09 am »
David -- can you believe this? I'd be devastated.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25372860/?GT1=43001

Do you think the family should be awarded damages? I probably wouldn't sue the place, but I'd surely be furious.

That's why I hate it when one of my dogs escapes -- I'm afraid one might bite someone. I have only two who run away ever -- it has been awhile. My fence patching is working right now.  :)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2835 on: June 26, 2008, 12:14:04 am »
Hetzer said the hardest part is explaining the loss to her 2-year-old son.

"He is really heartbroken," she said. "He wants his dog to come home."

That right there is the worst and saddest part of it all.  :'(  :'(  Poor little boy.

You know, Labrador Retrievers are one of the gentlest breeds out there, right next to Golden Retrievers. Both breeds are very UNLIKELY to bite anyone, even a stranger. They'll bark... bark like hell (that's what makes them good watch dogs) but it's highly unlikely they will bite. I've always told people if my house was ever robbed, Cody would probably help the thieves carry my possessions out the door. And he'd probably lick them too! But he wouldn't bite them. He'll bark loudly at noises, but just as soon as he sees the noise is coming from a person (even a person he's never met) he'll quickly stop barking. He loves people. That is the nature of his breed. And Labs too. I'm surprised he bit. That lady must have done something AWFUL to him to make him bite her like that. Labs are very gentle and loving dogs.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #2836 on: June 26, 2008, 12:26:49 am »
I wonder.....labs are VERY mouthy and he was a young dog....I would bet he didnt' 'bite' her..

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2837 on: June 26, 2008, 12:33:25 am »
I, too, was surprised that the dog bit someone. I know all dogs have the potential to bite, but labs are not big on that. Most of my dogs would not just go up to someone for the sole purpose of biting them. But if someone grabbed one of them or got in their face or something -- a couple of them probably would. Then I have a couple that would bite strangers if the stranger were on "their" property. I don't let them have the chance. And some of them would, like Cody, knock them down licking them all over. LOL.

One day I came home and one of my smaller dogs (40 pounds) -- one of the escapers -- had been out of the fence. Two little neighborhood girls had put a necklace on her and had tried to LIFT her over a 6 foot privacy fence. OMG -- I almost fainted. I was so relieved that she hadn't bitten anyone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2838 on: June 26, 2008, 12:34:44 am »
I wonder.....labs are VERY mouthy and he was a young dog....I would bet he didnt' 'bite' her..

I know. My lab wants to "taste" everyone. And she's huge, so sometimes a whole hand goes in her mouth if I don't get to her fast enough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2839 on: June 26, 2008, 01:02:54 am »

He was a YOUNG dog? As in a pup? I missed that part. He didn't bite her. She did something to him! >:(

And then they killed him for it. :(

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.