Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2149643 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #2890 on: July 24, 2008, 05:10:59 am »
I STILL don't understand why they have to cut off the head of the animal and pull out his brain in order to run the tests. If rabies is transmitted through the saliva, why can't they test the saliva and let the animal live? This has been bothering me.

Because the virus travels from the place where it got into the body of an animal or human through the spinal marrow to the brain. And then from the brain via the central nervous system to the salviary glands, lachrymal glands, and god knows where else.

There are also different varieties of the rabies virus and atypical forms of the disease. But always the virus travels to the brain and causes severe damage there. Therefore I think it's simply the safest to take the brain for the tests.
And as much as I love animals, I don't have a problem with that.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2891 on: July 25, 2008, 12:29:27 am »
Alex and I just had a weird experience at the grocery store. A little girl, about seven years old I'd imagine, was throwing a FIT because he mother wouldn't buy her something. They were in the cereal aisle and suddenly after her mother told her no once more, she squatted and PEED there in the asile right in front of us! I couldn't believe it. The mother flashed us an apologetic look and then grabbed her hand. I was shocked! I've seen kids act up at the store, but I don't believe I've EVER seen one do THAT! LOL

God!  ::)  :-\

And then on the drive home from the store, we were listening to a talk show on WIBC, and people were calling in with reports of seeing some kind of ghost or creature called the "Hat Man". Apparently he's been appearing to people, and he has a white face, a "stove top" type hat, and a dark shadowy body. But we never found out what it means or what he does. So, I guess we'll try to find out something about it on the Internet. Some of these people sounded quite upset about it, and a few also reported seeing large spiders just before the Hat Man appeared. I have NO idea what they are talking about!

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #2892 on: July 25, 2008, 12:43:11 am »
Alex and I just had a weird experience at the grocery store. A little girl, about seven years old I'd imagine, was throwing a FIT because he mother wouldn't buy her something. They were in the cereal aisle and suddenly after her mother told her no once more, she squatted and PEED there in the asile right in front of us! I couldn't believe it. The mother flashed us an apologetic look and then grabbed her hand. I was shocked! I've seen kids act up at the store, but I don't believe I've EVER seen one do THAT! LOL

God!  ::)  :-\

And then on the drive home from the store, we were listening to a talk show on WIBC, and people were calling in with reports of seeing some kind of ghost or creature called the "Hat Man". Apparently he's been appearing to people, and he has a white face, a "stove top" type hat, and a dark shadowy body. But we never found out what it means or what he does. So, I guess we'll try to find out something about it on the Internet. Some of these people sounded quite upset about it, and a few also reported seeing large spiders just before the Hat Man appeared. I have NO idea what they are talking about!

good grief David...you DO have adventures dont' you!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2893 on: July 25, 2008, 12:47:13 am »
good grief David...you DO have adventures dont' you!

I suppose I do Jess.

Have you ever heard of the Hat Man before? According to the radio show, his appearances are on the INCREASE! I hope I don't ever see anything like that. I'll check the Internet NOW and see if I can find out something about him.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2894 on: July 25, 2008, 12:53:19 am »
Oh! Here's something about him I think. This sounds a bit like what they were talking about on the radio. Click on the following link and then click on "Shadow Stories" over on the left.

http://www.shadows.ufo2u.com/

Here' a quick little bit of what they say:

Hat Man in the Room

I just discoverd this site from a friend and found the old show called "Shadow Beings".  I checked this site over and saw the pics that were up on the different shadow beings and gasped in my chair.

It has been years but I have seen him.  I was about 5 or 6 maybe slightly younger and I had climbed into bed with my Mom.  Dad went to work in the early hours.  When I opened my eyes there was a man with a hat standing along side the bed just staring at us.  I sat up and just looked at him.  That's all I can remember.  I'm 36 now. 

But just seeing the pic of the guy with the hat made my hair stand up.  Wow.

Bea

Hat Man in Pursuit

I’m Chad, I'm 19 and the hat man has been bugging me since I was 16. Well the first time I seen him was when I was talking on the phone with a friend, and i had the light in the living room on, and it must have been a 120 watt light bulb cause it was really bright, when all of a sudden I turn to the left and right in front of my face was this shadow, and I look up and its the Hat Man staring back down at me.

He was super dark; the light did not shine through him. Well I freaked out, and I thought my dad had died or something but nothing was wrong. Well a few months passed like maybe 3 and I was asleep, and all of a sudden I wake up to someone shaking me. I couldn’t breathe and it was like really hard shaking, I couldn’t move or anything, I was thinking I was having a seizure or something but I was conscious the whole time.

Well, he's been bugging me for a while. I would go outside and he would follow me out the door. Well also, my room mysteriously burned down, so we moved. But everywhere I go he eventually bothers me.

injest

« Reply #2895 on: July 25, 2008, 12:54:43 am »
I suppose I do Jess.

Have you ever heard of the Hat Man before? According to the radio show, his appearances are on the INCREASE! I hope I don't ever see anything like that. I'll check the Internet NOW and see if I can find out something about him.

no non nonononononono

it is DARK outside!! I cant' be looking at scary stuff at NIGHT!! I will look TOMORROW when it is light out!

:laugh: :laugh:

injest

« Reply #2896 on: July 25, 2008, 01:03:06 am »
but!! if you look on that site I gave you the other day there is a PICTURE OF ONE!!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2897 on: July 25, 2008, 01:14:12 am »
but!! if you look on that site I gave you the other day there is a PICTURE OF ONE!!!

Yes, I think it's the same thing Jess. The woman on the radio tonight described the Hat Man as wearing a top hat, and this website says he's often seen wearing a fedora. Maybe she didn't know the correct word to use? It's really creepy, isn't it? WIBC said lots and LOTS of people have been seeing him recently. God. I hope I never do! :(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2898 on: July 25, 2008, 01:19:35 am »
The Hat Man

Shadow Spiders

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2899 on: July 25, 2008, 01:24:38 am »
I just checked the who's online feature and I noticed a "guest" is trying to post something. If you are still in here, you must register with the forum before you can post anything! :)

I'm curiious what they wanted to say. Maybe it was something about the Hat Man...