Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2149395 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #2960 on: September 08, 2008, 12:21:41 am »
you been drinkin'??

:laugh: :laugh:

NO!!! >:(

I haven't been drinking! I'm drinking some ice tea, but there's nothing in it. Maybe I should go downstairs and spike it. What do you think? What tastes good in ice tea? Whiskey maybe?

Isn't that how they make mint juleps? They put whiskey in some ice tea and then place a sprig of mint on the top? I've had them before but I can't remember what goes in them. ???

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #2961 on: September 08, 2008, 12:29:32 am »
NO!!! >:(

I haven't been drinking! I'm drinking some ice tea, but there's nothing in it. Maybe I should go downstairs and spike it. What do you think? What tastes good in ice tea? Whiskey maybe?

Isn't that how they make mint juleps? They put whiskey in some ice tea and then place a sprig of mint on the top? I've had them before but I can't remember what goes in them. ???

so you HAVE been drinking!!! I knew it!!

BUSTED!!

;D ;)

injest

« Reply #2962 on: September 08, 2008, 12:30:07 am »
Well shit! >:(

The Indianapolis Colts LOST tonight. In their own stadium no less. They lost against the Chicago Bears. They were projected to win the game by at least 9 points, and they lost by 16 I think. They lost their pre-games too. I'm not happy about it and I don't have a good feeling about this upcoming season.

Man oh man, they got their asses WHOOPED! :P

maybe they are getting all their losses out of the way early!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2963 on: September 08, 2008, 12:41:24 am »
maybe they are getting all their losses out of the way early!

I sure do hope so Jess. Peyton has an injured knee so hopefully in a couple of weeks he'll be performing better. They had this problem last year too. It sometimes takes them a game or two before they get everything into gear and start winning games. :)

injest

« Reply #2964 on: September 09, 2008, 11:58:04 pm »
DAVID!!

I love you, my friend...where are you tonight?

where is Cody?

where is Oreo?

huh??

HELLLOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

DAVID!!!!

injest

« Reply #2965 on: September 10, 2008, 12:26:19 am »
Guess what I got today??!!

I will give you a LITTLE hint.... I been posting in two threads once everyday and it has NOTHING to do with the election...

*Jess SOOOO excited*

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2966 on: September 10, 2008, 01:41:18 am »
Guess what I got today??!!

I will give you a LITTLE hint.... I been posting in two threads once everyday and it has NOTHING to do with the election...

*Jess SOOOO excited*

You've been posting in TWO threads? At the same time? ???

So does that mean you have a new computer now? Two of them?

injest

« Reply #2967 on: September 10, 2008, 01:44:42 am »
You've been posting in TWO threads? At the same time? ???

So does that mean you have a new computer now? Two of them?

nope not at the same time I post in ONE of them in the mornings and the political one in the evening!

;D ;D ;D

guessed yet??

it is a

telescope!!!

I am so excited! I have been looking at the NASA website and now I have my own telescope. I had a little bitty $20 one from Kmart when I was a little girl and loved it. I am SOOOOOO excited and can't wait to try it out!

and just my luck it is CLOUDY tonight.  >:( >:(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2968 on: September 10, 2008, 01:56:44 am »
Oh, I LOVE telescopes! :D

Can you post a picture of it so we can see what it looks like?

I almost bought a telescope a few years back. But I decided against it because I have too many trees in my yard. And the lights from downtown Indianapolis would interfere with it and prevent any decent viewing. >:(

They sell those computerized ones now. You can punch in what you'd like to see and the telescope will find it for you. If I ever do buy one, I'll get the kind that has a camera mount on it so I can take pictures. I'd love to photograph the rings of Saturn or the craters of the moon. :)

Congratulations Jess! I'm as jealous as HELL! And you live way out in the country so the stars and moon should come in nice and clear for you. :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2969 on: September 10, 2008, 02:01:50 am »
I had a little bitty $20 one from Kmart when I was a little girl and loved it. I am SOOOOOO excited and can't wait to try it out!

I once had a little red plastic telescope when I was a kid, Jess. I loved it. It wasn't very powerful but I was only 7 or 8 at the time and I had a lot of fun with it. My neighbors had a great big telescope. I remember when the astronauts went to the moon for the first time, and everyone in the neighborhood was standing out in their driveways gazing at the moon with their telescopes. I went over to the neighbor's house, their family name was De Kline, and they let me look through the telescope. I remember I was trying to see the rocket as it sped towards the moon. I was certain I could see it, and I was really disappointed when I couldn't do it. In fact that is one of the first memories that pops into my mind whenever they talk about the first moon launch - standing there in the De Kline's driveway looking through that telescope and trying to see the astronauts through it. :laugh: