Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2149251 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #3120 on: November 14, 2008, 01:43:50 am »
I couldn't BELIEVE he did that! I was highly pissed. I think what happened was he probably saw a deer and took off chasing it. Then once he got down the street he lost interest in the deer and turned his attention to the trash barrels. By the time I got down there he'd knocked 4 of them over. There was a dead fish in one of them. Well, it wasn't in the trash barrel by then. It was on the ground and I had to pick it up along with the other garbage and put it back in there. :P

I yelled at him. I felt so bad about it after I did it. I don't know how familiar you all are with golden retreivers but they have a range of facial expressions. A very wide range of them. When I yelled at him, he hung his head very low and then looked up at me with a pitiful looking face. I could easily tell I had hurt his feelings. That's when I started feeling bad about it. :-\

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #3121 on: November 14, 2008, 01:47:35 am »
I couldn't BELIEVE he did that! I was highly pissed. I think what happened was he probably saw a deer and took off chasing it. Then once he got down the street he lost interest in the deer and turned his attention to the trash barrels. By the time I got down there he'd knocked 4 of them over. There was a dead fish in one of them. Well, it wasn't in the trash barrel by then. It was on the ground and I had to pick it up along with the other garbage and put it back in there. :P

I yelled at him. I felt so bad about it after I did it. I don't know how familiar you all are with golden retreivers but they have a range of facial expressions. A very wide range of them. When I yelled at him, he hung his head very low and then looked up at me with a pitiful looking face. I could easily tell I had hurt his feelings. That's when I started feeling bad about it. :-\

he SHOULD feel bad about knocking over trash cans in the middle of the night! You have to have some tough love, David...there could have been glass or something in there and then he would get hurt, and you would feel worse then if he felt bad for a minute.

giving him boundaries is a very loving thing to do...he will feel safer.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3122 on: November 14, 2008, 01:59:30 am »
he SHOULD feel bad about knocking over trash cans in the middle of the night! You have to have some tough love, David...there could have been glass or something in there and then he would get hurt, and you would feel worse then if he felt bad for a minute.

giving him boundaries is a very loving thing to do...he will feel safer.

I've been wondering if maybe he was nibbling on that dead fish I found. I'm worried he tried to eat some of it. I hope he doesn't develop hepititus! He's acting fine right now. I will keep a close eye on him.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3123 on: November 14, 2008, 03:10:53 am »

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #3124 on: November 14, 2008, 04:00:54 pm »
Hi David!
How are ya?
Hope you are set to have a great weekend!  :-*
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #3125 on: November 14, 2008, 04:41:31 pm »

:laugh:

Look at the bathtub; all the folders and other stuff in there. Seems failure in using sanitary facilities runs in the
family... :laugh:

Hey David *waves*

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3126 on: November 15, 2008, 02:14:31 am »
:laugh:

Look at the bathtub; all the folders and other stuff in there. Seems failure in using sanitary facilities runs in the
family... :laugh:

Hey David *waves*

Yeah. Who in the hell keeps their files in the bathtub? I've been wondering what is on top of the toilet stool. Dirty diapers? What the hell IS that? :laugh:

Whatever it is, it sure is funk nasty looking. Ugh! :P

**David waves back to Chrissi **

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3127 on: November 15, 2008, 02:19:40 am »
Hi David!
How are ya?
Hope you are set to have a great weekend!  :-*

Hi Richard!! :-*

I'm off to downtown Indianapolis tomorrow to protest this Prop 8 bullshit. They are expecting quite a turnout. They said we will even have police protection in case things get out of hand. I know I'm going to behave myself. I hope the others do as well.

AND! They said it might snow tomorrow! :laugh:

If it's not one thing, it's another. I hope it doesn't snow, but that would be better than standing out in all this rain we've been getting for the past few days. :P

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3128 on: November 15, 2008, 08:28:45 am »
Yeah. Who in the hell keeps their files in the bathtub? I've been wondering what is on top of the toilet stool. Dirty diapers? What the hell IS that? :laugh:

Whatever it is, it sure is funk nasty looking. Ugh! :P

**David waves back to Chrissi **

NEVER come to my house.

:laugh: :-X :laugh: :-X :laugh: ;D
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3129 on: November 15, 2008, 08:29:42 am »
Hi Richard!! :-*

I'm off to downtown Indianapolis tomorrow to protest this Prop 8 bullshit. They are expecting quite a turnout. They said we will even have police protection in case things get out of hand. I know I'm going to behave myself. I hope the others do as well.

AND! They said it might snow tomorrow! :laugh:

If it's not one thing, it's another. I hope it doesn't snow, but that would be better than standing out in all this rain we've been getting for the past few days. :P

Waiting for a report on David's day of protest. I hope he brings pictures.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~