Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2149400 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #3500 on: January 10, 2009, 02:23:15 am »
I miss Andrew! I enjoyed discussing classical music with him. He was from Indianapolis too! It's always fun to bump into someone else from the hood! :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #3501 on: January 10, 2009, 02:27:13 am »
I miss Andrew! I enjoyed discussing classical music with him. He was from Indianapolis too! It's always fun to bump into someone else from the hood! :)

I do too....he always makes me feel very calm for some reason...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3502 on: January 10, 2009, 02:30:24 am »
I do too....he always makes me feel very calm for some reason...

Has he been around lately? At all? I'd love to see him here again. Maybe he will come back someday soon. I sure do hope so.

injest

« Reply #3503 on: January 10, 2009, 02:34:39 am »
Has he been around lately? At all? I'd love to see him here again. Maybe he will come back someday soon. I sure do hope so.

I should have sent him a Christmas email..

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3504 on: January 10, 2009, 02:38:02 am »
I just looked out of my window and the streets are all shiny. I wonder if the ice storm has finally arrived? The temperature out there is currently 32.6, so it could be anything really, couldn't it? It could be either rain or ice (or both) at that temperature.

The street sure is glistening and shiny looking right now. :-\

If it isn't here yet, it's getting really close. 

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3505 on: January 10, 2009, 02:39:11 am »
I should have sent him a Christmas email..

You can still do it Jess! He wouldn't mind. :)

injest

« Reply #3506 on: January 10, 2009, 02:41:15 am »
You can still do it Jess! He wouldn't mind. :)

maybe I will...

David I am sorry but I have to go to bed...falling asleep on my keyboard!

Good night!!

sweet dreams!!

:-* :-*

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3507 on: January 10, 2009, 02:45:58 am »
maybe I will...

David I am sorry but I have to go to bed...falling asleep on my keyboard!

Good night!!

sweet dreams!!

:-* :-*

Nighty night sweetie!!

And Brad, you sleep tight too!! I see you peeking in up there! You are welcome to post here anytime you wish. Come on in here and join us sometime, okay? :D

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3508 on: January 10, 2009, 07:52:07 pm »
My Dad's house has central heat in it except for one room - the family room. It used to be a porch, but was glassed in many years ago and it is now just another regular room in his house. But because it used to be a porch, it is not connected to the main furnace. It has electric heat. There are little registers along the floor on three sides of the room.

I was helping Dad up out of his chair tonight and I noticed something weird. I had just shut off the lights out there in the family room and I noticed a strange orange glow coming from inside one of the registers. I helped Dad up the stairs and got him to his bedroom and then I went back down to investigate. I took off the register covering and there was a little wire in there glowing bright orange. And it was just fractions of an inch from touching the carpeting. And it was very VERY hot. I ended up shutting off the heat in that room (there is a heat control dial on the wall) and I called the heating company. They said they would come out tomorrow to fix it. Anyway, that could have EASILY started a fire and burned down the entire house! The carpeting was fairly hot too, just below the glowing wire. I wonder how that happened? It looks like the wire was melted and came apart into two pieces. Scary.

The register with the hot wire was extremely hot, but the register just next to it is ice cold. :-\

I don't understand it.

So anyway, I was planning to drive back over to Speedway tonight, but I will wait until tomorrow after the heating people leave.

That was a bit too close for comfort, what a good job you spotted it. The repercussions could have been terrible.

My oldest has always liked taking things apart and then putting them back together. When we were in England we had the most terrible fright one day. All the family apart from the him were in the kitchen, while I cooked dinner.
All of a sudden there was the most enormous bang, like an explosion and all the lights, appliances etc flickered. We nearly shot through the roof it was so loud.

Investigations uncovered the oldest,sat up in his room with 2 bare wires and a stunned expression. He had dismantled something and decided to see the effect of bare wires in an electrical socket !!!!

When I cast my mind back over some of his escapades, it seems miraculous that he is still alive.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #3509 on: January 10, 2009, 08:09:43 pm »
Wow David.

It's a good thing you found that.  It could've caused a big fire.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!