Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2149220 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #3590 on: January 21, 2009, 11:40:43 pm »
I'm watching The Real World - Brooklyn on MTV. I love that show. I always like watching the Real World shows. I think The Real World - Paris was my favorite. I also liked The Real World - San Diego.

They are really addressing the topics of homosexuality and transgender in this current season which I find refreshing. So far the housemates seem to be open minded and accepting.

This is JD. He is gay and from Miami, Florida. He trains dolphins and whales for a living...

Here is a picture of the group. This season there are eight housemates instead of the usual seven. I do not know why JD is not in it. Maybe he took the picture....

(Left to Right)

Devyn from Kansas City, MO (She currently has a crush on Scott)

Sarah from San Francisco, CA (She is bisexual)

Chet from Salt Lake City, UT (He is Mormon and very religious)

Ryan from Gettysburg, PA (He just returned home from the Iraq War. He is a musician. He is my favorite. I think he is VERY cute. Ryan has a strange fascination with Katelynn.)

Baya from Salt Lake City, UT (She is not Mormon)

Katelynn from West Palm Beach, Florida (She is transgendered and is currently dating a guy in Montana)

Scott from Salem, NH (He is a model and he's very sweet. The "boy next door" kind of guy)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #3591 on: January 22, 2009, 12:14:31 am »
my widescreen seemed to be stretched at first but now I am used to it and it looks fine..

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3592 on: January 22, 2009, 12:37:25 am »
my widescreen seemed to be stretched at first but now I am used to it and it looks fine..

I started thinking about it Jess. I'm not sure if I wish to resize/reconfigure this screen. If I do, I will see black bars on the left and right hand sides, won't I? That would drive me nuts.

So you got used to it? Maybe over time I will too. I got this monitor at Circuit City. It was on clearance at 10% off. They are going out of business and all the merchandise there is 10-30% off right now. The only bad part is there are no refunds or exchanges. So it's a bit of a gamble buying something there. Anyhow, this monitor is working just fine.

Everything looks stretched though... :P :laugh:

injest

« Reply #3593 on: January 22, 2009, 12:39:58 am »
I started thinking about it Jess. I'm not sure if I wish to resize/reconfigure this screen. If I do, I will see black bars on the left and right hand sides, won't I? That would drive me nuts.

So you got used to it? Maybe over time I will too. I got this monitor at Circuit City. It was on clearance at 10% off. They are going out of business and all the merchandise there is 10-30% off right now. The only bad part is there are no refunds or exchanges. So it's a bit of a gamble buying something there. Anyhow, this monitor is working just fine.

Everything looks stretched though... :P :laugh:

what brand is it? Mine is a Westinghouse.

Offline HerrKaiser

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3594 on: January 22, 2009, 12:44:57 am »

ha, ha! That's what Nancy Pelosie said about her eye job!  ;D ;D ;D

injest

« Reply #3595 on: January 22, 2009, 12:48:11 am »
ha, ha! That's what Nancy Pelosie said about her eye job!  ;D ;D ;D

::) ::)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3596 on: January 22, 2009, 01:05:50 am »
what brand is it? Mine is a Westinghouse.

It's an Acer, Jess. The monitor I had before was a Gateway, which matched this computer. I once had an Acer computer years ago and it was a good machine. I hope they still make good products.

injest

« Reply #3597 on: January 22, 2009, 01:08:01 am »
It's an Acer, Jess. The monitor I had before was a Gateway, which matched this computer. I once had an Acer computer years ago and it was a good machine. I hope they still make good products.

I have heard that they are good. I read some reviews on monitors and stuff and Acer was one of the ones they said were good.  :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3598 on: January 22, 2009, 01:11:28 am »
I have heard that they are good. I read some reviews on monitors and stuff and Acer was one of the ones they said were good.  :)

Well, that's good to know then! :D

I really don't know much about monitors. I don't pay much attention to them. The monitor that just went out was also an LCD, but it was not a widescreen. I hope I get used to this stretched look pretty soon. You said I would, so I'm gonna trust you Jess! ;)

injest

« Reply #3599 on: January 22, 2009, 01:12:41 am »
Well, that's good to know then! :D

I really don't know much about monitors. I don't pay much attention to them. The monitor that just went out was also an LCD, but it was not a widescreen. I hope I get used to this stretched look pretty soon. You said I would, so I'm gonna trust you Jess! ;)

I was very upset at first! but now I like it!

took me about three days.