Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2149448 times)

pnwDUDE

Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #3740 on: February 11, 2009, 02:20:21 am »
Hey Dave. I'm glad it is 65 somewhere. It's been snowing all day here. I ment to go to town (Vancouver) today and do my monthly Costco gig, but the state hiway was a mess. I'm lookin' at the calendar and March is the next month, but it seems as long, cold, and distant as next winter. Sigh.

Brad

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3741 on: February 11, 2009, 02:27:12 am »
Hey Dave. I'm glad it is 65 somewhere. It's been snowing all day here. I ment to go to town (Vancouver) today and do my monthly Costco gig, but the state hiway was a mess. I'm lookin' at the calendar and March is the next month, but it seems as long, cold, and distant as next winter. Sigh.

Brad

March will be here before you know it Brad! The problem with March around here though is it marks the beginning of tornado season for us. Our rough months are from March 1 - May 31. I always look forward to summer this time of the year. I hope the snow clears up for you real soon. I'm so sick of snow I could puke icicles.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

pnwDUDE

« Reply #3742 on: February 11, 2009, 02:30:57 am »
March will be here before you know it Brad! The problem with March around here though is it marks the beginning of tornado season for us. Our rough months are from March 1 - May 31. I always look forward to summer this time of the year. I hope the snow clears up for you real soon. I'm so sick of snow I could puke icicles.

I don't know if pukin' icicles would be worse than shittin' icicles, but I wouldn't want to do either--though I feel like the later  ;D

Brad

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3743 on: February 12, 2009, 01:37:15 am »
My neighbor's tree blew down! It just happened about 30 minutes ago!  :o

We had a major wind event here tonight (it's still happening) and it pulled that tree up out of the ground and tossed it against the fence. I could see the roots! I haven't heard any reports of tornadoes here today, so it must have been straight line winds. I have a feeling we will find more downed trees and limbs tomorrow morning. :P

It's really howling out there. It sounds like a bunch of angry ghosts! WHOOOOOO - WHOOOOOO!!! :laugh:

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3744 on: February 12, 2009, 06:01:52 am »
:laugh: :laugh:  Yup!

I'm bored. I'm as bored as hell. Cody is too. He's laying here with his tongue out the side of his mouth from all the boredom. :P

He looks like Nicki.  :P

Did you throw his toy for him?  :D

"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3745 on: February 13, 2009, 02:20:10 am »
He looks like Nicki.  :P

Did you throw his toy for him?  :D

Poor Nicki!!! :-*

But Cody still has all his teeth! :laugh: He hung his tongue out from boredom! :P

Cody loves to fetch his toys. It's his favorite thing to do, I think. He's a retriever. But I'm at Dad's this week and when Cody fetches he sometimes barks from excitement and I didn't want to wake Dad up. Also, Dad has hardwood floors and if Cody really starts running fast, he won't stop when he's supposed to and he'll end up crashing into something. You should see it when it happens though. It's pretty funny Shasta. He'll thrust his front paws out in front of him and try to brake, but nothing happens and he ends up spinning in circles. :laugh:  Just like in the cartoons!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3746 on: February 13, 2009, 07:39:58 am »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Cody is entertaining!  ;D

Nicki will be backing up while watching me get ready to throw her toy,  and she'll run into a wall or door facing. She's very intent on fetching at all times!  :P :D

Well, you could get Cody a kong and stuff it with his favorite snack. I put peanut butter or squeeze cheese in my dogs' kongs. Keeps them busy and focused. LOL.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

injest

« Reply #3747 on: February 13, 2009, 08:58:10 am »
you throw a stick around here and it causes complete chaos....fifteen dogs explode from all corners of the map all trying to be the one to get it. (and the one you were throwing it for never seems to be the one that finally gets it). Then the dog that actually gets the stick takes off like his tail is on fire with the entire pack at full cry behind him.

I have never played more than one round of fetch with any dog on the property. ok half a round, cause the stick won't come back to me.

the other day I picked up a stick to throw for our old Australian shepherd and as I slung my arm back to get some momentum, that little black dog (that does not live here) came out of no where and jumped up and snatched it out of my hand! I never saw her coming!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3748 on: February 14, 2009, 01:19:30 am »
Dogs love to fetch things Jess. I'm not sure if they actually like to fetch, or they like the idea of someone paying attention to them. I sometimes think (at least in Cody's case) he likes fetching, well for one because he's a retriever, but also because in his mind it is a time for us to bond. It's just me and him playing a game together, and I think that is very important to him. And I love playing with my dog. He probably can sense it and it pleases him.

That's a really cute story about the little black dog Jess! She sounds very cute. Devilish, but cute! :-*

I went downstairs a little while ago and Dad was sitting there in the family room with one of the windows wide open. I couldn't believe it. It was FREEZING in there, and there was a stiff breeze flowing through the room. I asked Dad why he had the window opened and he told me he didn't realize it was open.

??? ???

This really concerns me, because this is a sign he isn't thinking right. I was planning to go to my house in Speedway tomorrow, but now I'm not so sure I should go. My nephew is coming to watch him for the weekend, but I'm nervous about leaving Dad after seeing this. That room was really cold and he didn't even notice it. I can't figure it out. :-\

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3749 on: February 14, 2009, 01:27:12 am »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Cody is entertaining!  ;D

Nicki will be backing up while watching me get ready to throw her toy,  and she'll run into a wall or door facing. She's very intent on fetching at all times!  :P :D

Well, you could get Cody a kong and stuff it with his favorite snack. I put peanut butter or squeeze cheese in my dogs' kongs. Keeps them busy and focused. LOL.

Cody has a red kong I bought at Pet Smart a couple of years ago, but I keep forgetting to bring it with me when I go to Dad's house. I put chicken in his kong and he loves to try and get it out. I'll sometimes put pieces of apple in there too. I know that sounds weird, but Cody LOVES apples. He lost his first kong. I think he may have packed it off outside and buried it in the back yard. I really don't know. It just vanished. Now he has another one. :)