Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2149424 times)

Offline HerrKaiser

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #3800 on: February 26, 2009, 03:10:24 am »
In general. I believe in general there is a cover-up going on. Whatever is going on out there, they don't want us to know about it.

Would you tend to believe that the global scientific community is fairly capable and confident in their estimate that intelligent life beyond Earth does not exist in our solar system?

injest

« Reply #3801 on: February 26, 2009, 03:11:13 am »
Would you tend to believe that the global scientific community is fairly capable and confident in their estimate that intelligent life beyond Earth does not exist in our solar system?

in our solar system? yes.

pnwDUDE

« Reply #3802 on: February 26, 2009, 03:25:58 am »

Yes. And if it may have existed beyond our solar system in the past or future (which I am sure it has--mathematics proved it), it doesn't make any difference regarding what we think.

Brad

Offline HerrKaiser

« Reply #3803 on: February 26, 2009, 03:27:35 am »
Then, any UFO would come from outside the SS. Most UFOs are described in terms of earthly vehicles--flying saucers, space craft that look like rockets, capsules, etc.

For a typical space travel vehicle to get here from outside the SS, it would require immense technology that far exceeds our current knowledge base.

Isn't it unlikely that an intelligence of such higher level than our own would not be completely aware of what is going on here on earth? It is highly doubtful that an entity able to travel 1000s of light years and coming visiting would "happen" upon earth and not know what is down here...and all of our history.

That said, they'd surely know precisely where the UN or the White House is...and be far more inclined to knock on those doors rather than the typical drunk fishermen in the middle of nowhere.

The logistics and the logic simply do not track.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3804 on: February 26, 2009, 03:27:49 am »
in our solar system? yes.

I agree with Jess. In our Solar System? There is probably no intelligent life in our Solar System besides Earth. But the Universe is a very vast and infinate place. Anything is possible out there beyond the realms of our happy little solar system here. ;)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3805 on: February 26, 2009, 03:33:55 am »
Then, any UFO would come from outside the SS. Most UFOs are described in terms of earthly vehicles--flying saucers, space craft that look like rockets, capsules, etc.

For a typical space travel vehicle to get here from outside the SS, it would require immense technology that far exceeds our current knowledge base.

Isn't it unlikely that an intelligence of such higher level than our own would not be completely aware of what is going on here on earth? It is highly doubtful that an entity able to travel 1000s of light years and coming visiting would "happen" upon earth and not know what is down here...and all of our history.

That said, they'd surely know precisely where the UN or the White House is...and be far more inclined to knock on those doors rather than the typical drunk fishermen in the middle of nowhere.

If we had the capability, wouldn't WE go look? In fact aren't we trying to do that now? We are looking for evidence of life on Mars as we speak.

There is also the theory of "worm holes" in the Universe which, if true would speed up travel greatly from one end of the Universe to the other. Fold it up, end to end and punch a hole through it.... or something like that.

pnwDUDE

« Reply #3806 on: February 26, 2009, 03:38:21 am »
When we think that anyone/anything would be interested in or want to study our life form confirms the ridiculous notion that we are superior, or, that we want to be studied for that which we must profoundly possess. If anything, that which we see and can't be explained, is surely something of our future or past. Which deems those very beings incapable of interaction with us.

Brad

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3807 on: February 26, 2009, 03:53:19 am »
This quickly gets into that question "If there is intelligent life out there, is there REALLY a God?"

Of course there is! Most of us believe in One God and he created the "heavens and the earth". I think it is a terrible assumption to assume we are the ONLY creatures in this vast and infinite Universe. Not only is it terrible, but it is also very arrogant.

"Why just us? " "What makes US so special?" That thought alone scares the HELL out of me... the thought we are alone in the Universe.

There is intelligent life out there in those stars. You can bet on it! :)

I think it just proves beyond a fact that there IS a God! Who else could create such a vast and intelligent Universe? :)

injest

« Reply #3808 on: February 26, 2009, 08:57:44 am »

if I was an alien and knew enough about our society to know about the White House...I wouldn't reveal myself to any of us!

Maybe they don't WANT to be officially contacted...maybe they see us as so far below them that we are like animals and it isn't a priority..

who knows?

Offline HerrKaiser

« Reply #3809 on: February 26, 2009, 11:24:14 am »
if I was an alien and knew enough about our society to know about the White House...I wouldn't reveal myself to any of us!

Maybe they don't WANT to be officially contacted...maybe they see us as so far below them that we are like animals and it isn't a priority..

who knows?

That is a good point and drives home the rationale I am putting forth. Based on all we know, any "alien" beings with transportation capabilities allowing travel from light years away would be quite able to hide their stealth peak-a-boos at the crazy earthlings, and quite able to precisely select who they want to let in on their secret. Random sitings of these massively superior beings are not usually by PhDs or credible government leaders. Why?