Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2149317 times)

injest

Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #3810 on: February 26, 2009, 07:15:18 pm »
That is a good point and drives home the rationale I am putting forth. Based on all we know, any "alien" beings with transportation capabilities allowing travel from light years away would be quite able to hide their stealth peak-a-boos at the crazy earthlings, and quite able to precisely select who they want to let in on their secret. Random sitings of these massively superior beings are not usually by PhDs or credible government leaders. Why?

so that no one will seriously believe in them? so anyone that DOES see one is discredited by the mainstream people?

Offline HerrKaiser

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3811 on: February 26, 2009, 09:10:44 pm »
No, I think that would not be likely. Rather, credible sources don't tend to make up stories or mistake unusual things as creatures from outer space.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3812 on: February 26, 2009, 11:46:24 pm »
I was watching a show today on TV and there was this woman with an obsession for saving things. What do they call that? Pack rat? Anyway, not only was her entire house - every room - filled with clutter (along with her garage. Her husband said he hasn't been able to see the floor of the garage in 17 years!) she obsesses over buying anything on sale at the grocery store in bulk. If she finds toilet paper for sale, buy one get one free for example, she'll buy 12 packs instead of 2, because in her mind she's getting six packs for free. She did that with everything she bought and then when she got to the checkout lane, she'd dump all of her coupons on the ground, sit down and go through them all until she found the ones she needed. She had a purse full of coupons. And she'd sit there on the ground and look at them all.

When they showed the inside of her bathroom she had the entire tub FILLED with packages of toilet paper, from the tub clear up to the ceiling. She came home with more toilet paper and she was pushing and shoving the packages in there and they kept popping out and falling down to the ground. I'll bet she probably had several hundred packages of toilet paper in that tub.

I'm embarrassed to say this, but I saw that on Wife Swap. They show it every day on Lifetime. Still, it was very shocking to see all of that clutter. That would drive me crazy!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #3813 on: February 27, 2009, 12:34:27 am »
hoarding...it is a mental illness.  :P

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3814 on: February 27, 2009, 12:38:43 am »
hoarding...it is a mental illness.  :P

Yeah, that's the word! She was definately a hoarder! I couldn't BELIEVE that toilet paper deal. She had to keep the sliding shower doors closed and she'd shove the toilet paper through the opening up at the top. And it would keep popping back out. ::)

injest

« Reply #3815 on: February 27, 2009, 12:43:45 am »
Yeah, that's the word! She was definately a hoarder! I couldn't BELIEVE that toilet paper deal. She had to keep the sliding shower doors closed and she'd shove the toilet paper through the opening up at the top. And it would keep popping back out. ::)

where did she bathe?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3816 on: February 27, 2009, 12:46:04 am »
where did she bathe?

Well, she has a husband and four children so I'm assuming they probably had another bathroom with a bathtub/shower. Their house was fairly large.

injest

« Reply #3817 on: February 27, 2009, 12:54:55 am »
Well, she has a husband and four children so I'm assuming they probably had another bathroom with a bathtub/shower. Their house was fairly large.
still!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3818 on: February 28, 2009, 02:25:44 am »
still!

I KNOW!!! That woman was crazy out of her mind!

I had to make an emergency run to Wal-Mart. I was cleaning my coffee maker earlier and it exploded. When I poured the vinegar in and turned it on, it made several loud banging noises and suddenly the vinegar started leaking out the bottom and ran all over the counter and the floor. I've never seen a coffee maker do something like that!

So, now I have a new coffee maker. I HAVE to have my coffee in the morning or else I'm a big mess.... mean, nasty, testy and evil! :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3819 on: February 28, 2009, 02:27:53 am »
Now I'm sitting here with my dog and we're watching Bad Boys. Sean Penn stars in it. It's a movie from the early 1980s.