Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2149464 times)

injest

Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #3880 on: March 04, 2009, 01:54:38 am »
*David singing in slurred speech*

Show me the way to go home. I'm tired and I want to go to bed. I had a little drink about an hour ago, and it's gone right to my head......

*hiccup*

Anyone around *hiccup* around here know whe..*hiccup* where *hiccup* I live?

Who knew *hiccup* *hiccup* who knew Indianapolis had green monkeys *hiccup*. Never seen anything like that be *hiccup* fore in these parts. Catch him quick so I can *hiccup* take *hiccup* his picture! :P

*burp*

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think someone let David have a little TOO much to drink tonight!!

;) :-*

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3881 on: March 04, 2009, 01:54:48 am »
Poor Cody got his head stuck in a plastic watering can today. Why he stuck his head in there I have NO idea. But he did, and he got stuck and he couldn't get it off. The poor animal was swinging his head around wildly trying to shake it off. He was snorting loudly from panic and banging into things as he ran around. When I finally caught him he turned towards me and I could see his face down inside through the watering nozzle. Anyway, we finally got it off. I had to cut it off. His head was really stuck down in there.

He got lots of hugs, kisses and cuddles after his ordeal and I'm hoping he's forgotten about it now. :(

Poor baby!

He once got his head stuck in a plastic Halloween pumpkin. I think he could still smell the candy down in there and that's why he stuck his head in it.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3882 on: March 04, 2009, 01:57:04 am »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think someone let David have a little TOO much to drink tonight!!

;) :-*

Not yet, but I'm working on it! ;)

Jim Beam and Coke....my favorite! :)

injest

« Reply #3883 on: March 04, 2009, 02:04:37 am »
animals can get in such funny situations!

I was at a team penning and there was two horses in this little pen, one was saddled and tied to the fence, the other was loose and grazing...well WHERE do you think he wanted to graze?? right under the other horse! well, he ate for a few minutes and then raised his head up and when he did, the back of his head hit the other horses lead rope...and he paniced like a mountain lion had jumped on him!! he flailed around like he was trapped (when all he had to do was turn his head)  ::) ::)

so the OTHER horse saw HE was panicked so HE panicked, rearing and pulling back trying to break free...

now these are 1400 pound animals...in a pen, surrounded by people and other horses...and they were both standing there like they had just survived the worst experience of their entire lives  ::) ::)

I can just hear them back at the house...

"It was horrible...I was eating grass and ....and..... a ROPE touched me on the back of my head!! AIIIIAEEEE!!"

crazy horses!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

reminded me of a cartoon or something...talk about over reacting!! couple of drama queens!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3884 on: March 04, 2009, 02:15:49 am »
Oh, the poor babies! I hope neither one of them got hurt! :(

Whenever I go around horses they perk their ears up. My friend siad that is a sign they don't like me. When they lay their ears down flat it means they like you, or that is what I've been told. They lay their ears down because they are relaxed and perk them up when they are nervous. And yet they always walk up to me and wish me to pet them! Why do they walk up to me if they don't like me Jess?

Maybe they want me to walk in there so they can pounce on me! LOL

injest

« Reply #3885 on: March 04, 2009, 02:20:03 am »
Oh, the poor babies! I hope neither one of them got hurt! :(

Whenever I go around horses they perk their ears up. My friend siad that is a sign they don't like me. When they lay their ears down flat it means they like you, or that is what I've been told. They lay their ears down because they are relaxed and perk them up when they are nervous. And yet they always walk up to me and wish me to pet them! Why do they walk up to me if they don't like me Jess?

Maybe they want me to walk in there so they can pounce on me! LOL

HUH!?

ears up means they are paying attention and are interested! ears down flat means someone is liable to be kicked or bitten!

sounds to me that horses like you! they wouldn't come to you if they didn't!

(and don't worry those two weren't hurt...or in any danger of getting hurt. that is what was so funny, they were being so dramatic about it!!)

If I was a 1400 pound horse with long legs and sharp hooves, I wouldn't be so wimpy!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3886 on: March 06, 2009, 01:13:12 am »
HUH!?

ears up means they are paying attention and are interested! ears down flat means someone is liable to be kicked or bitten!

sounds to me that horses like you! they wouldn't come to you if they didn't!

(and don't worry those two weren't hurt...or in any danger of getting hurt. that is what was so funny, they were being so dramatic about it!!)

If I was a 1400 pound horse with long legs and sharp hooves, I wouldn't be so wimpy!

I told Rick what you said and he STILL disagreed with me. Then I told him you said it and you live on a farm with lots of horses, and he backed off. I've always gotten along with animals very well, all my life. So I was very suprised when I heard him say that. ???

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3887 on: March 06, 2009, 01:15:19 am »
Today I felt another panic attack trying to strike. So I grabbed a teddy bear, hugged it and sunk my face down in it. The bear's fur against my face was very comforting. Soon it started to subside. But I've been feeling nervous all day long and it feels like another attack is waiting in the wings to strike without notice.

I just hope it stops soon because I'm getting real tired of this shit. >:(

injest

« Reply #3888 on: March 06, 2009, 01:19:21 am »
Today I felt another panic attack trying to strike. So I grabbed a teddy bear, hugged it and sunk my face down in it. The bear's fur against my face was very comforting. Soon it started to subside. But I've been feeling nervous all day long and it feels like another attack is waiting in the wings to strike without notice.

I just hope it stops soon because I'm getting real tired of this shit. >:(

hmm..sounds like you are doing a good job of paying attention to your feelings, David. Have you tried exercising? like going for a walk or something to distract yourself? (it also helps get rid of 'bad' chemicals in your blood stream.)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3889 on: March 06, 2009, 01:26:59 am »
hmm..sounds like you are doing a good job of paying attention to your feelings, David. Have you tried exercising? like going for a walk or something to distract yourself? (it also helps get rid of 'bad' chemicals in your blood stream.)

I've exercized every day, but only indoors - lifting weights etc... it's been too cold to do any walks and hikes outdoors. But tomorrow it will be warm - near 70 they said - but it's also supposed to rain. :-\

We just can't win here in this state! :laugh:

Doing things to get my mind OFF of it though is a good idea Jess. One thing I noticed, both on Monday when I had the attacks and again today, I was watching the news when they happened. The news is so negative and full of depressing things. Also, maybe I should stay away from the morning coffee - maybe just one cup instead of three. It's worth a try! :D