Author Topic: "6 Degrees of Brokeback Mt."  (Read 496613 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: "6 Degrees of Brokeback Mt."
« Reply #380 on: July 20, 2008, 04:40:04 am »
....with Peter Gallagher (I) who sang the Brokeback parody song at the 2006 Independent Spirit Awards.  An unorthodox resolution, but fun.

Peter Gallagher at the Independent Spirit Awards
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyXHrwSkOno[/youtube]

Next:  Jessica Walter

Oh Elle, I've never seen this before. I have seen the well-known clip which starts when Peter G. says "..here is Brokeback Mountain!" and then there comes a different version of Ennis in Jack's closet. But never this one.
And I haven't heard about the tradition to make fun of the nominies/award winners (how could I? I had never heard of the Indipendent Spirit Awards before BBM to begin with). I liked the clip, so thanks for posting :-*

Now back to our regularly scheduled program  ;D.... next is still Jessica Walter

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #381 on: July 20, 2008, 05:51:47 pm »
Jessica Walter -- My Best Friend's Wife -- John Stamos -- Knots -- Annabeth Gish -- Hector Elizondo -- Love in time of Cholera -- Lieve Schreiber --The Painted Veil -- Naomi Watts --Ned Kelly -- Heath --BBM

Next: Blanca Portillo
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #382 on: July 20, 2008, 06:06:16 pm »
If I may say something. I just hope nobody feels offended. I am aware we are playing this game just for fun, but as it happens with the ABC games this one has a few rules. Becky wanted to be nice and asked us to "try" to use only actors (Read the first post) and avoid using other people. But game as I have always played is with actors only, and sometimes you can make an exception and use directors because some directors are also actors. In other words, rules are: 1) Use actors and movies only (sometimes directors); 2) The actor you propose to the next player cannot be repeated. Hence the list of actors Becky made.

However, a lot of you are using writers, musicians and aren't even linking the actors to the movies. Some of you are linking them to TV shows, Award shows and even audiobooks. The game is supposed to get harder as we go along. The challenge is to try to link any actor and any movie to BBM w/o repeating them as much as we can. Using musicians, writers and other stuff that aren't movies is cheating, and makes the game confusing.

Thank you. I apologize if I sounded harsh or something.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #383 on: July 20, 2008, 07:28:45 pm »

Thank you. I apologize if I sounded harsh or something.

Hi Natali,

It doesn't sound harsh to me, but it does sound limited.  I understand about the value of clearly defined rules, and I understand the value of bringing in the rich, diverse, fun, wonderfully-connectedness of our BBM world. 

Play your way, and I'll play mine.  If you can't bear my choices, skip past my posts in this thread.  We can agree to disagree on what the main value of the game is. 

Respectfully and with friendship,

Clarissa

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #384 on: July 20, 2008, 07:35:20 pm »
Blanca Portillo (I) was in Goya's Ghosts (2006) with Stellan Skarsgård who was in Good Will Hunting (1997) with Matt Damon who was in The Brothers Grimm (2005) with Heath.  Heath :: BBM

Next: Amanda Plummer

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #385 on: July 20, 2008, 08:15:31 pm »
BTW, looking back at the first posts, I see this game was started on Heath's birthday two years ago, and, to my surprise, I was the first player after becky started the game.

Both kind of cool to me.  :)

Still next:  Amanda Plummer

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #386 on: July 20, 2008, 08:48:38 pm »
Amanda Plummer was in PULP FICTION with Bruce Willis.

Bruce Willis was in PERFECT STRANGER with Halle Berry.

Halle Berry was with Heath in MONSTER'S BALL.

Heath :: BBM!

(I also do not mind circuitous routes.  I even enjoy replays because I always wonder if there's a better/faster way to arrive.  I try to only play existing movies myself, but I feel like all crew are fair game - love to see Gustavo and Rodrigo especially!   I could have done the above faster if I had used Beth Grant again for a film that is in production.  Mostly I just want people to feel like they can play.)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #387 on: July 20, 2008, 08:56:38 pm »
Next:  Joanne Whalley

(Btw, I am also trying to avoid Matt Damon :) )
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #388 on: July 20, 2008, 10:34:26 pm »
Joanne Whalley is going to be in 44 Inch Chest (2009) with Tom Wilkinson (I) who is also going to be in Duplicity (2009) with Billy Bob Thornton who was Heath's cruddy father in Monster's Ball (2001).  Heath :: BBM.

Next: Ginger Rogers

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #389 on: July 21, 2008, 03:55:07 pm »
I found three different ways to connect Gingers Rogers to BBM. All via Matt Damon :laugh:. So I just take the shortest:

Ginger Rogers - The Confession - Elliot Gould
EG - Ocean's Eleven - Matt Damon
MD - BG - Heath
Heath = BBM

(On the subject of rules: a few pages ago, I've already said that I personally (try to) play actors only - but I don't mind others playing it differently.)

Next: Lauren Gilbert