Author Topic: Brokeback Through The Looking Glass (the Malaysian subtitles thread)  (Read 177961 times)

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
Re: Brokeback Through The Looking Glass
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2006, 05:48:17 pm »
oh good god. i just know I'm gonna think of these when i go to my friend's for our dvd viewing, and I'm gonna start laughing hysterically. I almost laugh every time I see Tootie and Elizabeth. and I think of the Cowboy Etiquette thread every time I see Jack sticking his foot into the fire.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2006, 05:51:53 pm »
Ahh.  Ahhhhhh.
Feels so good.

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2006, 05:54:53 pm »
LOL! That is hilarious:D

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2006, 07:52:41 pm »
What a scream. 

This line just slayed me:

LINE: You pair deuces lookin for work I suggest you get your scrawny asses in here pronto..
SUBTITLE: You pay look for work I suggest you get your scrawny asses in your pronto

In where?

The 'something lost in the translation' works both ways.  One woman was wearing one of those cool t-shirts with Chinese characters on it, just to be pulled aside by her Asian friend and told that her t-shirt said "I f--k dragons"

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
Re: Just a Bump so I've got easy access for tonight!!
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2006, 01:52:00 am »

;D
Chut up!

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: UPdated!!!! Brokeback Through The Looking Glass
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2006, 06:22:21 am »
Lol.. here we go, Part II.  For newcomers to the thread, we pick up on “Brokeback Through The Looking Glass”, just after the cowboys, the canoe-savvy Jack Twist and uncle-killing Ennis Balmore have left Brokeback Mountain.  The things we have learnt from the story so far is that ammonia is bad, often putting uncles in hospital. We also learnt that Ennis (presumably right after he was denied the pail of milk on the spot) made Jack’s uncle so depressed he killed himself, Jack didn’t end up catching up with damn Kyle, for whom he searched all night and the Lord Sidious of this story is somebody called Gary.  Wait!! I wonder if Kyle is the thus-far-nameless bandy-legged Basque???  Hmm.. the plot thickens!  Here I was thinking this story was just about two men in love.. we’ve all missed the subtle nuances of mental illness, hunger, murder… and canoes.

Onto Part II. (if that was double dutch, by the way, check out the start of the thread)  Please note that any spelling errors / bad punctuation are direct quotes!!

LINE: Ennis, can you wipe Alma Jnr's nose?
SUBTITLE: Ennis could you pump Junior's nose?

LINE: Are you sure the girls are asleep?
SUBTITLE: I should go to sleep. (yes, Alma, you should)

LINE: I'd like to buy Jimbo here a beer.
SUBTITLE: I'd like to buy Jim O'Neal a beer.  (oh, that clears it up..)

LINE: So save your money for your next entry fee, cowboy.
SUBTITLE: So. Save money for next injury feet, cowboy.

LINE: Y'ever try calf ropin'?
SUBTITLE: You're tracked down a bit.

*please excuse the graphic language here - its just not as funny with asterixes through it*

LINE: Wooee, look at this crowd!  Be a lotta pussy on the hump in a crowd like this!!
SUBTITLE: Look at this god!  There're lots of pussies on the ground like this

LINE: You need to shut your slopbucket mouth, y'hear?
SUBTITLE: You need to shut your "starbug" mouth, you hear  (I didn't add those quotation marks guys..)

LINE: Lureen Newsome. Her dad sells farm equipment, I mean big farm equipment.
SUBTITLE: Laren Newsom. Her dad sells farmer things, I mean big farmer.

LINE: My daddy's the hurry, sposed to be home with the car by midnight.
SUBTITLE: My body is in hurry, I should be home in the midnite   (well, she's gettin naked with Jake G, can't blame her body, really)

LINE: I can already see what little Bobby looks like.
SUBTITLE: I already see a little barbie she looks like.  (hmm)

LINE: For you forgettin to bring that harmonica..
SUBTITLE: you forget to bring me Hallmark

LINE: New model comin in this week, remember?
SUBTITLE: Your mother coming down this week

LINE: Ennis there's an opening at the power company, might be good pay
SUBTITLE: In the state open and all that power company might pay

LINE: As far behind as we are on the bills...
SUBTITLE: If far behind, we're the best.   (yup, you go girl)

LINE: I'd have em if you'd support em.
SUBTITLE: I don't have you to support em   (i thought this was interesting...)

LINE: Senor..
SUBTITLE: Here we are   (you bet)

*okay I'm only putting in the first line of this.. cause i figure you all know this speech by heart*

LINE: I used to wonder how come you never bought any trouts home...  (etc)
SUBTITLE: I used to wonder how come you never bought any tracts homes. You always say you can't play any. You know how mean the gal like fish. So 1 nite, i got your queer case open up before you win your little trip..

LINE: Price tags still on it after five years..
SUBTITLE: But I take still long after 5 years..

Phew... installment 3 tomorrow night... can't wait to see what they make of cassie...
 ;D
Chut up!

TheStudDuck

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2006, 06:40:40 am »
Thank you so much for these, Sheyne.  They're still hilarious.

I love, "I got your queer case open" -- who in the world is writing these things?  Seriously?  I mean, I could understand if you made a few flubs every now and then... but to be in charge of this and to seemingly not know the language at all.  It's just comedic.

I second the person that said if I ever learn a language... I want it to be just as entertaining when I speak it as this.  :angel:
Otherwise, what's the point?

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2006, 06:46:20 am »
H I L A R I O U S!! Please post more!!

Love those:

LINE: New model comin in this week, remember?
SUBTITLE: Your mother coming down this week
I wonder why they didn't translate the 'remember?' LOL!

LINE: Ennis there's an opening at the power company, might be good pay
SUBTITLE: In the state open and all that power company might pay
Great!!

SUBTITLE: I used to wonder how come you never bought any tracts homes. You always say you can't play any. You know how mean the gal like fish. So 1 nite, i got your queer case open up before you win your little trip..
I'm laughing out loud, but nobody hears, 'cause I'm making sounds that are too bizarre! This is fu*king fabulous! Excuse my French!  ;D

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2006, 06:53:38 am »
OT - but I didn't imagine you with a kiddie sheyne - look entirely far too young to have a kiddie! (who must be a gorgeous little 'un given your looks...!)

You just became my best friend, Kelda...  I'm actually 32 and probably old enough to be a granny to most people on here!!!  :-\   And he IS gorgeous, but I dunno how much of that is to do with me - he looks a lot like my brother at the same age..  an my brother, he's a very fine looking guy...

*please, nothing filthy out of this*   ;D
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 06:55:52 am by hungry_hungryhippos »
Chut up!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2006, 07:40:22 am »
Lol.. here we go, Part II.  For newcomers to the thread, we pick up on “Brokeback Through The Looking Glass”, just after the cowboys, the canoe-savvy Jack Twist and uncle-killing Ennis Balmore have left Brokeback Mountain.  The things we have learnt from the story so far is that ammonia is bad, often putting uncles in hospital. We also learnt that Ennis (presumably right after he was denied the pail of milk on the spot) made Jack’s uncle so depressed he killed himself, Jack didn’t end up catching up with damn Kyle, for whom he searched all night and the Lord Sidious of this story is somebody called Gary.  Wait!! I wonder if Kyle is the thus-far-nameless bandy-legged Basque???  Hmm.. the plot thickens!  Here I was thinking this story was just about two men in love.. we’ve all missed the subtle nuances of mental illness, hunger, murder… and canoes.

I love this Sheyne and I love you, you had me laughing my head off just at the first part!

LINE: Are you sure the girls are asleep?
SUBTITLE: I should go to sleep. (yes, Alma, you should)

LINE: I'd like to buy Jimbo here a beer.
SUBTITLE: I'd like to buy Jim O'Neal a beer.  (oh, that clears it up..)

This my show my ignorance, but Who is Jim O'Neal?

LINE: Y'ever try calf ropin'?
SUBTITLE: You're tracked down a bit.
This line could be very naughty if you think about it! ;)

LINE: Wooee, look at this crowd!  Be a lotta pussy on the hump in a crowd like this!!
SUBTITLE: Look at this god!  There're lots of pussies on the ground like this.
Yep point out all the pussies to god!

LINE: Lureen Newsome. Her dad sells farm equipment, I mean big farm equipment.
SUBTITLE: Laren Newsom. Her dad sells farmer things, I mean big farmer.

I still think it should be "Her dad smells farmer things!"

LINE: My daddy's the hurry, sposed to be home with the car by midnight.
SUBTITLE: My body is in hurry, I should be home in the midnite   (well, she's gettin naked with Jake G, can't blame her body, really)
Wow great minds think alike Sheyne! :P

LINE: I can already see what little Bobby looks like.
SUBTITLE: I already see a little barbie she looks like.  (hmm)
There's something new we have learnt about Bobby!

This actually made me spit my drink all over my computer(sorry for the graphic detail). I mean what's the point in hiding who you are, Ennis, when you have a queer case? hunh? ;D
I am off to go and play some tracts! :) but I can't wait for the third installment! :-*
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.