Author Topic: Who joined when - the BetterMost members list  (Read 5537 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Who joined when - the BetterMost members list
« on: September 30, 2006, 05:30:45 pm »
Hi Y'all, I originally planned on posting the join dates of Tremblayans in this thread, but quickly realized that that is a sticky wicket par excellence.  So instead, here is the link to the BetterMost members list, sorted chronologically.  A great tool for a stroll down memory lane.

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?action=mlist;sort=registered;start=0
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 01:23:23 pm by Ellemeno »

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Who joined when - work in progress
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 06:40:31 pm »
Oh yes.  March 30th.    The big exodus from IMDB.     I think I started posting on IMDB in January after my BBM breakdown. 

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 11:50:37 am »
Oh yes.  March 30th.    The big exodus from IMDB.     I think I started posting on IMDB in January after my BBM breakdown.

You and me both, brother.
No more beans!

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 05:03:50 pm »
Ditto.  :)

moremojo

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 05:09:48 pm »
I had checked on the IMDb mother board even before the movie opened in 2005, and remember posting a reply to a question about where we were all from, or something along those lines. But I didn't visit the board regularly until I saw the film for the first time on February 18, 2006. My first substantial post on the IMDb board dated from February 20th; like so many others, I felt a great need to discuss and share my feelings.

I came onto BetterMost on April 5th, and only rarely post on IMDb these days. It hasn't even been a year, but I feel like I've lived a lifetime in these past several months.

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 04:14:54 pm »

yep. that exodus is vivid in my mind. sigh, I don't know what I would have done without IMDB. Can you imagine before the days of internet and message boards? I saw the film December 19th. Still have that ticket stub. Still remember the breakdown. Still remember all those amazing, insightful, and evocative discussions. Remember thebeesuckass?
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
Re: Who joined when - the BetterMost members list
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 11:39:15 am »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh yes.  March 30th.    The big exodus from IMDB.     I think I started posting on IMDB in January after my BBM breakdown

You and me both, brother.

And me.  I was wondering (not a typo) from December 10 until January 30th (although I began reading posts on IMBd earlier after searching frantically for anything about Brokeback in December).  I then held on there until April 5th.

I know how I felt until finding IMDb - so I can't imagaine what it would've been like without the boards...
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 01:50:21 pm »
yep. that exodus is vivid in my mind. sigh, I don't know what I would have done without IMDB. Can you imagine before the days of internet and message boards? I saw the film December 19th. Still have that ticket stub. Still remember the breakdown. Still remember all those amazing, insightful, and evocative discussions. Remember thebeesuckass?

i went on to IMDB about 6 weeks ago. and thebeessuckass had put his original post back on and there was another shed load of 'OMG thats great' replies. good to see people still reacting in the way we did then.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 03:00:33 pm »
I believe my IMBd life began about a month after seeing the movie the first time (Bryan kept his stub & taped it to my copy of the book: Dec 31)

I signed up rather early to bettermost (amoung the first 10 people) but only moved on August 2nd:

I probably registered for Bettermost some time ago, having hear of it through IMDb (I think), however, it's through Miss Vikky's encouragement that I'm attempting to explore your village. I still know practically nothing of the place...

and from my first post, same date:

Hallo!

Roboy here. I too have migrated from IMDb, with Miss Vikky's encouragement, but I'm lost here. Hope to have better understanding of this place before I get discouraged - oh yea I do get cyberspace discouraged sometimes!

Anyways, one thing for sure

I still love everything Ennis

See my siggy comment hasn't gone through a lot of changes!

And with Amanda, April 4th stand out as a big push for leaving IMDb, I remained a double dipper for a number of weeks. Now I can admit to not having even visited in many a month.
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006, 11:36:00 am »
I celebrated my six month anniversary yesterday. Looking back, I can't believe how much has happened. We Tremblayans arrived at this oasis spent and wrung out after travelling from IMDB, yahoo, and Google. Philip prepared a home for us and even protected us from trolls and prying eyes for a while. We collapsed on the ground with our accoutrements all scattered around us but soon we were revived and woke everyone with the clacking of our jaws and our hammerin'. We gathered around the campfire, biting off mouthfuls of jerky and inhaling peanut butter sandwiches.

I'm sure we alarmed and upset some of the BetterMostians with our raucous and ribald ways, and our penchant for drama. But everyone was remarkably tolerant and bore us with good humor. And many visited Chez Tremblay and joined in so that CT became more of a state of mind rather than a defined group of people. But, what we have been through in just six months! We've seen a birth, divorce, health crisis, and death, either real or figurative; several hookups and breakups; comings out; many moves and relocations; children's graduations and leavetakings; health crises of Tremblayans and their loved ones; plus so many happy occasions such as Brokie gatherings and chats, film showings, and tours of significant sites. I swear, not so much has happened to me and my family in six years, much less six months! And on the board so much has happened too. Many new people joining, and others leaving either with bruised egos or somehow getting hoist by their own petard, although many who left have remained close by. Who would have thought there would be nearly 300 sets of the alphabet that could be used to describe Brokeback Mountain? Who would have thought people would want to view a parody called Broken Arsed Mountain 20,000 times? Who would have thought that people would argue about a canonical vs an alternative universe Brokeback Mountain? Good grief, pretty soon Jack and Ennis will sprout wings or Jack will get pregnant! I can't wait to see what the next six months will bring!! Let's keep that campfire stoked and put on a fresh pot of coffee for all those who will be seeing BBM for the first time on TV or DVD. There are more Tremblayans out there stumbling around in the dark and looking for a safe, warm campfire to join in the conversation.
"chewing gum and duct tape"