Author Topic: Happy Brokeback DVD Day!  (Read 6546 times)

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
Happy Brokeback DVD Day!
« on: April 04, 2006, 09:25:23 am »
Let's hear from all the people that are getting their DVD for the first time today! (Am I the only one that hasn't gotten it until today?)

It's 8:30am here and I haven't gotten mine yet. I was gonna go to WalMart before work but I overslept!  :'(

I am psyched!
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
Re: Happy Brokeback DVD Day!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 09:29:00 am »
It's 9:30 here, and I'm impatiently waiting until 10 when Best Buy opens (can't go to Wal-Mart - I'm boycotting them, but today has really tested my resolve! LOL).  I will have it in just over half an hour - CAN'T WAIT!!!
   Cowboys do it better

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 09:32:59 am »
LOL I was just about to post something like this!

It's 8:32 here and I will be leaving in about 10 minutes to stop at target on my way to class  ;D I can't wait!!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 09:33:10 am »
I got mind yesterday evening in the mail. I was shocked. Very good. Skimpy extras.

Yes, we are now entering phase II. Climate is no excuse for not going out to buy the DVD as weather nationwide is fair.

GOt an extra one for my public library, though it's the type that the bible thumpers will steal. DVDs are always being taken from libraries.
 >:(

Saw that the David McCullen forum plays on buying and donating 2,000+ dvds to rural libraries. Awfully nice of them. Hope they don't disappear.

A month or so ago, I opened up a book at the Public libary on Finnish architecture and out comes "THE JOY OF GAY SEX."  That was a suprise. Was a gay teen hiding it or was a bible thumper trying to hide it? How many ppl look at books on Finnish architecture. It could have been there for years. I put the book out on the reading counter. Probably will "disappear" again. 

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 09:36:38 am »
Damn it! Stop rubbing my face in it, me and Kelda won't get it until the 24th, here in the UK! >:( It is 2:30 here, but it doesn't really matter cause nothing is happening in the UK today............ That reminds me I have to eat before I black out again!
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 09:45:12 am »
GOt an extra one for my public library, though it's the type that the bible thumpers will steal. DVDs are always being taken from libraries.
 Angry

Saw that the David McCullen forum plays on buying and donating 2,000+ dvds to rural libraries. Awfully nice of them. Hope they don't disappear

That is a really great idea - I hadn't even thought of that.  If I weren't so f*cking poor right now I would definitely do that.  I pledge to buy my local library a copy when I can afford it! :)
   Cowboys do it better

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 09:48:08 am »
STOP THE FACE RUBBING! DAMN IT! ;D ;) :)
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 09:49:37 am »
Got it at Best Buy (with the story to screenplay book) and had to whisper to it "little darlin" but waited until I got in the car!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 03:04:28 pm by Front-Ranger »
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 09:53:32 am »
Damn it! Stop rubbing my face in it, me and Kelda won't get it until the 24th, here in the UK!  It is 2:30 here, but it doesn't really matter cause nothing is happening in the UK today............ That reminds me I have to eat before I black out again!

Well Becky, save your sterling and buy eight copies (this will be your mission) and donate BBM dvds to public libraries which serve areas of England that have not received the "msg." Great reason to talk your parents into a roundtrip to the British countryside.  Have the library state on the DVD, "DONATED BY BECKY __________"  Maybe you can yet your folks, with noble intents to drive to Land's End. Always wanted to go there. They must have a library so it must be justified.  :)

20+ days to save sterling to buy BBM. Just think of it that way.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 09:59:08 am »
I may actually do that.....Though I will have to rope Kelda in to help me. She can do the north and I can do the south! ;D LOL

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 10:57:07 am »
So, I am currently watching "On Being a Cowboy" - I finally have my very own copy of the dvd!  And, just to let everyone know, those who thought that the Canadian cover would be different, which I didn't think would happen, it's true.  We have that cover with the picture of the Oscar on the front.  I was so excited when I saw it on the shelf that I grabbed the first copy I reached and went to the cash.  I realized at the last minute that I had grabbed the Fullscreen edition - horror!  I exchanged it before paying.  And the woman who sold it to me asked if I had seen it in the theater, and I had to suppress a laugh and just said "yeah".  She asked if I liked it and I told her it was the best movie of 2005 and probably my favourite movie ever.  I didn't tell her that I was officially insane though.

Oh my.  I just saw footage of Jake riding a mechanical bull.  I may have to rewind that!
   Cowboys do it better

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 02:43:56 pm »
Went to Tower Records on my lunch hour. Three guys in front of me, two behind me and they all are buying BBM.  It's almost out, I guess they will replenish the front. 

I was just returning a movie, already have the BBM divdm.  The best extra is the interview with the screenwriters.  Do hope in a deluxe edition they have a sit-down with Anne Proux and alot more features.  I guess that won't be till summertime. 

Enjoyed seeing Anne Hathaway in the ( I believe it's titled)  Making of a Cowboy short.

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2006, 02:48:11 pm »
A coworker went to WalMart on lunch and she said it's $16.88 and it doesn't look like any are even missing from the stand. That's fine, more for me!
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2006, 02:49:43 pm »
 ???umm some of us have to wait until we get home from work to see if by chance the mailman delivered it today (I hope, I hope!!) so please have a little compassion for we who are salivating till 4:00pm to fly home and check - lol ;D
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2006, 02:50:45 pm »
Waiting impatiently for UPS or someone from the mail room to bring me mine! Don't MAKE me go over there and get it...

Heathen

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2006, 02:57:46 pm »
Happy BBM DVD Day Indeed! Ooohh, I feel like it's my birthday, I really do  ;D (but it's Heath's, Happy BDay Heath)

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2006, 03:19:26 pm »
After 20 times in the theater, it feels so strange watching it in my living room.  I am loving every minute of it, but there's nothing like the theater experience.
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline reannawrites

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • I'm a brokie and proud of it!
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2006, 04:41:37 pm »
I won't get mine till May but I still would like to wish you all:

A very very very Happy Brokeback DVD Day!!!!  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)   :-X  :-X  :-X  ;D  ;D  ;D

Happy Viewing guys...

Lots of love to all,
Reanna  :angel:
I had a lovers quarrel with the world - Robert Frost.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2006, 04:50:51 pm »
Oh my god! MAY! :o You poor, poor woman! Living without being able to watch BBM in your own home until May! I was being all moany just because I have an extra 20 days to wait, but you have put me back into propotion, so thank you. :-*

May will come faster than you expect, when in may does it come out? I am sure to celebrate the realease when it comes out we could all have a third DVD party for you. I am actually in the process of begging the guys to put back their viewing party, but I am not sure they will put it back till May!

You hang on in there! ;)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2006, 05:07:51 pm »
I won't get mine till May but I still would like to wish you all:

A very very very Happy Brokeback DVD Day!!!!  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)   :-X  :-X  :-X  ;D  ;D  ;D

Happy Viewing guys...

Lots of love to all,
Reanna  :angel:

Reanna, you have a lot of grace.

Offline reannawrites

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2006, 05:09:11 pm »
So sweet of you Becky!!! Well the film released on Dec 9 in the U.S and I didn't see it till Feb 26 - after spending weeks on the boards hearing about every little detail ( I tried to avoid all the ones with 'spoilers' but they got to me :)

Anyways, I have a higher level of patience now...It was supposed to be available for rent from next week, now it's been postponed to the first week of May....I'm putting a lot of pressure on the DVD stores here, LOL. Hopefully they'll speed it up.

Otherwise I am just going to beg people who return from trips abroad to get it for me  :)

Right now my guilty pleasure is to watch the 'Far Away' video from Youtube  - it's the only one I was able to download onto my comp.

By the way, I love London - one of my favorite cities, I have a couple of friends there and we always have a great time roaming around High Street Kensington  :)

thanks again - I'm hanging in there.
 lots of love,
reanna

Offline reannawrites

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2006, 05:13:32 pm »
Aw thanks Clarissa   :)  I'm always happy for my fellow brokies. I love to see you guys happy - and what could make you all more happy than having Brokeback at home to treasure forever... :) 

I got the Story to Screenplay book finally last week ( i think it was the only copy in that store so I lucked out) and I haven't let it out of my sight since  :)  My prize possession.

Love ya all,  HAPPY DVD DAY AGAIN!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

reanna