Author Topic: ATTENTION ALL NYC BROKIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 11654 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: ATTENTION ALL NYC BROKIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2010, 11:08:53 pm »
I became a fan of the Stuttgart Ballet in the 70's when they performed several seasons at the Met.  I especially loved their productions of Romeo and Juliet and Swan Lake, as well as their beautiful Eugene Onegin.  The loss of John Cranko to a heart attack was really devastating to the company.  He was a superb choreographer/dramatist.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: ATTENTION ALL NYC BROKIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2010, 03:10:38 pm »
I became a fan of the Stuttgart Ballet in the 70's when they performed several seasons at the Met.  I especially loved their productions of Romeo and Juliet and Swan Lake, as well as their beautiful Eugene Onegin.  The loss of John Cranko to a heart attack was really devastating to the company.  He was a superb choreographer/dramatist.

Until I found the porgram while I was dusting this afternoon,  ::) I forgot that Pennsylvania Ballet does Cranko's Romeo and Juliet, too. In fact, they did it last season. The performance I attended, one of my favorite dancers was Count Paris. He died beautifully. ...  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.