Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 596836 times)

Offline katecaton

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 05:03:12 pm »
I quite agree. I had to read this when I knew it was by midwestgirl as her last story "If I asked" was so fantastic. I loved what she did with the reunion. Also agree about the last chapter of this one, pheweee!!!

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2006, 12:46:30 pm »
I usually do not read any "Extreme AU" fanfictions (I mean the stories where Ennis and Jack are completely different persons) because I just can't deal with them most of the time, I always like the stories to be as close to Ennis and Jack's real life, but since I absolutely loved If I asked, I was willing to give Shades of Grey a try...

You speak for me. If it wasn't for the fact that IIA continues to be my favourite BBM fic of all time, I doubt that I'd have started reading Shades, and even more doubt that I'd have liked the AUAU premise and the resulting characters. Ennis discussing his post Sept. 11th FBI work??   :-\

As it is though, I am completely hooked. Amy's writing, her story plotting and development, her unique style, her characterization, her pretty-much-everything-fic-related appeal to me so much I can hardly explain it in writing. Noone describes the developing bond, the overwhelming attraction and ditto tension between Jack and Ennis better IMO - it's as if its swirling thick in the air all around me as I read.

:P 8) :P

Can't wait to read the rest of the story! Amy, you're a star!  :)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 04:23:06 pm by Mikaela »

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2006, 11:22:33 pm »
Saw this pic on the Jake Jake Jake thread over at Chez Tremblay and thought it was a good image for the Jack in this story (minus the dog, as there is no dog in the story  ;) )

‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2006, 11:27:36 pm »
And some more that me and June liked...

Sorry, I'm obsessed  ;)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

mvansand76

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2006, 03:03:54 am »
Nice pictures to wake up to, thank you!  :D

midwest-girl

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2006, 09:26:28 am »
Hey, guys!  I know how hard it can be to try an AU!AU and I'm thankful you all were willing to take the trip with me.  I'll try not to let you down!  And thanks for all the pictures.  June had shown me the ones she found, but I have to admit, I see Jack as older than that in my head.  He looks so young in those pictures.  Here's how I picture him as I'm writing:

I will post Chapter Seven either today or tomorrow!  Amy

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2006, 09:32:46 am »
Oooh that's a good one too! I definitely agree he's too young in those other pics, I just like the style of them  ;D

I look foreward to the next chapter!

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2006, 01:01:25 pm »
Saw this pic on the Jake Jake Jake thread over at Chez Tremblay and thought it was a good image for the Jack in this story (minus the dog, as there is no dog in the story  ;) )

OH Mandy, I think I loooove you! LOL!  ;D

This one is soooooooooooooooooo gorgeous too!!! *nearly faints*

And thanks for putting the other ones up again. I know he looks young in them but he looks so utterly adorable....*SIGH* I got the black and white one as an avatar  ;D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 01:30:53 pm by Bigheart »

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2006, 01:11:58 pm »
Hey, guys!  I know how hard it can be to try an AU!AU and I'm thankful you all were willing to take the trip with me.  I'll try not to let you down!  And thanks for all the pictures.  June had shown me the ones she found, but I have to admit, I see Jack as older than that in my head.  He looks so young in those pictures.  Here's how I picture him as I'm writing:

I will post Chapter Seven either today or tomorrow!  Amy
Hi Amy! I'll just quote this with the pic again, that way we get to see it twice  ;D This one is hotter than hell too! ;D
Thanks for stopping by on BM now and then, it's really lovely   :-*  How's BW, btw?? Heh heh  :P

Today or tomorrow?!! Whoooooooooooo weeeeeeeeeee! I can hardly wait!! OMG - there are soo many good stories out there atm, it's just wonderful, that after all this time, it's still going strong. I love it  :)

midwest-girl

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2006, 01:38:51 pm »
Hey, June.  BW is just fine.  I've been keeping him warm for ya!  ;)