Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 596873 times)

Offline coffeecat33

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #1200 on: August 15, 2007, 11:19:33 pm »
I don't stop by BMost too often any more, but am here now and saw the post. I LOVED making the photos of SofG Jack and Ennis - there were loads of them. They are still in my photobucket account and it makes me smile every time I see them.

I think about you, Amy, and really wish you the best of luck getting published. Thanks for sharing all that you did with us.

:-*
CC33 / Leslie K.

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1201 on: August 16, 2007, 05:29:32 am »
You have no idea how much I look forward to ANY story you write. A sequel to SoG would be stellar, but anything at all....you are probably the finest writer in the world of  BBM fanfic...and considering how many superb writers there are that says a LOT
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

mvansand76

« Reply #1202 on: August 16, 2007, 06:36:08 am »
Hi, Mel!  How are you doing?  I just happened to pop in here today and saw this post.  I have to admit I've been a writing slacker of late.  I've had the kids home with me all summer and before that I was catching up on RL.  I did finish the re-write of my original novel, but haven't done a damn thing about trying to find an agent.  As for a sequel to Shades, I doubt that will happen.  So far I haven't had any really great ideas for a plot.  But don't count me out completely on some other BBM fic.  I do have an idea for a new story, it's simply a matter of finding the time and energy to begin it.  I'm not promising anything at this point, but hopefully when the kids return to school/preschool I'll be able to think about starting it.  I'll keep you posted and thanks for asking!

Hey Amy! Yeah, having your kids around you can seriously undermine your ability to write! LOL! It's so good to hear that you do have a plot bunny and I hope you find the time, energy and creativity to start writing again!

Mel  :-*

mvansand76

« Reply #1203 on: August 17, 2007, 04:37:19 pm »
I've always been a huge fan of Midwest Girl's If I Asked.  I can't wait to get stuck into this one .... it looks really interesting!

You haven't read it yet??  :o :o :o :o

Don't read another word in this thread. Print the story out. Log off. Find a quiet place. Don't come back online until you've read the whole thing.

That's an order...  >:(  :)

Believe me, you will thank me!

:-*

mvansand76

« Reply #1204 on: August 17, 2007, 04:47:09 pm »
OMG!! I'm all in a fluster now ... I'll do it right away Mel!

Love Susie

You are gonna find out you're a very lucky girl just because of the fact that you can read it one go, contrary to the way we had to wait a whole week (which is not much if you come to think of it, but with this story it felt like ages!) for each update. Just think of that every time you can turn the page and start reading the next chapter after each killer deadline! LOL!

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #1205 on: August 17, 2007, 04:50:45 pm »
You know how some countess or other once upon a time said that she wished she could live her life over just so she could get to read "War and Peace" again for the first time?

There are a small number of books and fics I'd say that for.

And Shades is one of those fics.

So savour that first-time reading! You lucky thing, you!  :)

mvansand76

« Reply #1206 on: August 17, 2007, 04:52:37 pm »
You know how some countess or other once upon a time said that she wished she could live her life over just so she could get to read "War and Peace" again for the first time?

There are a small number of books and fics I'd say that for.

And Shades is one of those fics.

So savour that first-time reading! You lucky thing, you!  :)

I know that feeling so well!  :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1207 on: August 17, 2007, 04:54:26 pm »
OMG!! I'm all in a fluster now ... I'll do it right away Mel!

Love Susie

Susie, you gotta read this story! I'm totally serious! I don't like fanfic all that much, and Melissa finally convinced me to read it. I think I read 10 chapters in one day. I couldn't stop reading it.  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

mvansand76

« Reply #1208 on: August 17, 2007, 04:57:13 pm »
Susie, you gotta read this story! I'm totally serious! I don't like fanfic all that much, and Melissa finally convinced me to read it. I think I read 10 chapters in one day. I couldn't stop reading it.  :D

Yep! Just the fact that I still think about this story sometimes and then drag it up from the bottom of the fanfic thread barrel says enough, this story is a BBM fanfic classic. And to think I almost didn't start reading it because I thought the premise was silly!

LOL!

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #1209 on: August 17, 2007, 05:07:30 pm »
This brings back good memories of coming home in the afternoon after job and training every Thursday during last autumn. And logging onto the net, leaving everything else till later, with toes curling and heart thumping in happy anticipation about a new Shades chapter.

I'm totally amazed about the imaginative writing, the tight rein on plot development - events past and present blending to make a whole - the characterizations, the beautifully created J&E relationship and the consistent high quality of the prose. And amazed not least about Amy's ability to keep all that going and keeping the writing and posting pace up during the run of the entire fic.