Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599002 times)

one_of_one

Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #170 on: October 17, 2006, 08:17:44 am »
Hey, Helen, I just saw your comment on my LJ.  You're right about poor Ennis and his internal voice.  He can't escape from it, can he?  When he tries to hide from his feelings for Jack it searches him out.  And when he tries to hide from the implications of acting on those feelings it searches him out.  I don't think Ennis is going to have much peace until he comes to terms with himself and what he really wants and needs.  I just had to comment because I was struck by what you said about how sad it was he couldn't even enjoy that time lying next to Jack. 

I thought it was very interesting, though, when his inner voice does speak it's saying that he can't have a life with Jack because Jack is (presumably) going to be going into WP and he will go back to his career.  So, his subconscious is already at the point where he knows he wants to be with Jack on a permanent basis.  I love the psychology in your story, Amy.

Ennis is unaware that his capabilities to carry out his job are now much reduced.  I doubt he'll be able to look at any/many suspects without wondering about how they got to where they are. Did they get trapped like Jack did. I wonder if he'll get the opportunity to see that. 

Madrigal will soon be on their scent I'm sure now that someone outside the apartment knows that there is an FBI agent and a Jack in the vicinity.  It was crazy for them to go out, crazy for Jack to pull the gun and crazy for Ennis to open his mouth and spill the beans like that. 

What I liked about them going out was when Jack brushed the rain off Ennis's face.  It was an instinctive thing to do and Ennis didn't draw back from it, didn't think it was out of place. Neither of them gave it a second thought it was so natural.

mvansand76

« Reply #171 on: October 17, 2006, 10:07:22 am »
What I liked about them going out was when Jack brushed the rain off Ennis's face.  It was an instinctive thing to do and Ennis didn't draw back from it, didn't think it was out of place. Neither of them gave it a second thought it was so natural.

I agree, that was such a nice touch. The same with the chapter before that when Jack touched his hand to look at the wounds, he doesn't back away, because it feels natural to him and then he just takes a sip from the bottle. The fact that they have already kissed increases the intimacy between them, obviously.

I also liked how Jack was acting really hurt about Ennis supposedly going to see Alma, with that line that I already quoted a few posts ago. It's not just that Ennis feels that Jack is his, Jack also feels that Ennis is his. I love that jealousy thing.

one_of_one

« Reply #172 on: October 17, 2006, 10:29:18 am »
I don't care at all about Alma in this fic...but I'm just wondering how Ennis is going to deal with that side of things.  It was obvious he was shocked at Jack's outburst, but what is he going to do?  Ennis has nothing to worry about with Dane and Jack, so his feelings weren't entirely justified, even though they were understandable. 

Is Ennis going to stop seeing Alma?  Make up some excuse?  Will he be able to have sex with her now knowing how Jack feels about his relationship with her?  He has to break up with her - but how?!

one_of_one

« Reply #173 on: October 18, 2006, 03:31:42 am »
I had a thought last night before going to sleep...I've been thinking about Madrigal finding out where they are...but what are Ennis's bosses going to think when they learn that he's been out and about with Jack, and that Jack has a gun?  Are they going to pull him from the case?  *sob*

Amy is replying to comments, so won't be too long till the next chap!

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #174 on: October 18, 2006, 09:01:05 am »
Amy is replying to comments, so won't be too long till the next chap!

Thursday is only one day away  ;D

I seriously can't wait!

I'm worried too though, it's been too long without hearing anything from Madrigal and he's bound to pop back up at some point and that walk around the block was not a smart move at all....
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #175 on: October 18, 2006, 09:24:02 am »
Thursday is only one day away  ;D

I seriously can't wait!

I'm worried too though, it's been too long without hearing anything from Madrigal and he's bound to pop back up at some point and that walk around the block was not a smart move at all....

Me neither.......

So, for Madrigal to pick up on Ennis and Jack would mean him having an inside guy within the Bureau somewhere, right? How else would he be able to pick up on that guys complaint? *sigh* stuff like this keeps me up at night  ::)

mvansand76

« Reply #176 on: October 18, 2006, 10:11:14 am »
*sigh* stuff like this keeps me up at night  ::)
:laugh: :laugh: ;)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #177 on: October 18, 2006, 11:01:50 am »
:laugh: :laugh: ;)

I know Mel.......I'm SO pathetic  ;D but it's true  ;D  ::)  there's this story and one other out there that does this to me.

mvansand76

« Reply #178 on: October 18, 2006, 11:16:38 am »
I know Mel.......I'm SO pathetic  ;D but it's true  ;D  ::)  there's this story and one other out there that does this to me.

Oh no, it's not pathetic at all, it's very recognisable!!!! ;D

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #179 on: October 18, 2006, 11:21:33 am »
Oh no, it's not pathetic at all, it's very recognisable!!!! ;D

Whew!

;D