Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599544 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #350 on: November 02, 2006, 11:23:10 am »

Christ, I haven't even started thinking about the recipes yet, let alone doing my shopping list or actually venturing out to the new, improved Waitrose!  And my mother's on my case as well...she was pleading with me to make sure we went in early afternoon...

Hmmmm....is she secretly reading Shades, too?

OMFG ~ just got in after having done *my* shopping in the shitty pouring rain - YUCK - and nearly fell outta my chair reading this!! Just too funny  ;D

mvansand76

« Reply #351 on: November 02, 2006, 11:47:17 am »
OMFG ~ just got in after having done *my* shopping in the shitty pouring rain - YUCK - and nearly fell outta my chair reading this!! Just too funny  ;D

Oh is it raining in Rotterdam??? Here in Amsterdam it is still clear sky...
Poor you...

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #352 on: November 02, 2006, 12:07:09 pm »
Oh is it raining in Rotterdam??? Here in Amsterdam it is still clear sky...
Poor you...

Hi Mel  :)

Yeah, it's pouring with rain, has been all f*cking day and yesterday  :( Amsterdam must have had the stormy weather we had in Rotterdam the day before yesterday  ???
So are you all settled at home now?? Ready for Shades (and Dreaming!!!) which might not even update today!  :D  :'(

I just made myself some nice hot chocolate YUM!

mvansand76

« Reply #353 on: November 02, 2006, 12:23:25 pm »
Hi Mel  :)

Yeah, it's pouring with rain, has been all f*cking day and yesterday  :( Amsterdam must have had the stormy weather we had in Rotterdam the day before yesterday  ???
So are you all settled at home now?? Ready for Shades (and Dreaming!!!) which might not even update today!  :D  :'(

I just made myself some nice hot chocolate YUM!

Oh I'm sorry to hear that... :(

No, I am at work still, working on a very difficult translation and I cannot wait to go home and sit on the couch with that nice hot chocolate that you are talking about!

Will Dreaming also update? I thought that was Sunday?

midwest-girl

« Reply #354 on: November 02, 2006, 12:39:20 pm »
Hey guys, Chapter 11 is up at http://midwest-girl.livejournal.com/6731.html   Hope you like it!   ;)

Oh, and Cath told me she's hoping to get the new chapter of Dreaming up later today!

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #355 on: November 02, 2006, 12:49:42 pm »
Hey guys, Chapter 11 is up at http://midwest-girl.livejournal.com/6731.html   Hope you like it!   ;)

Oh, and Cath told me she's hoping to get the new chapter of Dreaming up later today!

I LOOOOOOOOOVE YOU AMY!!! I was so scared you might not update today!!!!!!!!!!  :-*  :-*

one_of_one

« Reply #356 on: November 02, 2006, 01:22:22 pm »
That was an emotional chapter. 

*sigh*

I feel drained

:-\

midwest-girl

« Reply #357 on: November 02, 2006, 01:29:25 pm »
I know...sorry!  I wish it had been happier...I have a feeling it's going to be a rocky road from here on out. :-\

one_of_one

« Reply #358 on: November 02, 2006, 02:04:40 pm »
I know...sorry!  I wish it had been happier...I have a feeling it's going to be a rocky road from here on out. :-\

*SPOILERS*

It made me cry.  I didn't even tear up when I read Widower, and that chapter is only the third thing that's made me *really* cry in BBM fics.  One was a poem Sheera wrote, and the other was that awful chapter of SN when they were coming back from FW.  I hope never to read anything that leaves me sobbing and hysterical like SN did right then.

I feel so desperate for them; Jack admitting that he loves Ennis, and Ennis just about managing to stop himself sobbing all over Jack.  But only just.  God, they know how they feel, and they know how the other feels.  No words needed, really.  How on earth will they be able to get away from both Madrigal and Hinestroza.  Having both of them dead seems a bit improbable, so J and E will be forever looking over their shoulders.

I'm glad that Alma found out.  I also think Colin is having serious thoughts about what's going on.  I wonder if he has already considered the possibility that they are having some kind of affair, but dismissed it as being too fantastical.  But, like Ennis, he is a man trained to find the truth, so I think his gut won't be too far off the mark.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #359 on: November 02, 2006, 02:26:22 pm »

I just can't even think how they are going to stay together?? What with Jack moving into WP :(  :(

So he'll move into WP and testify against Hinestroza while in WP? Is that possible? OH God Amy, I wish I knew all of this.

I'm so sad too. I don't know what to think. And yeah H, I feel totally drained.