Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 609405 times)

Offline laurel

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Heath, we'll never forget you.
Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #420 on: November 03, 2006, 06:38:47 pm »
This is hard to imagine, because he's so fucking gorgeous ALL THE TIME, but that photo still manages to raise the bar!  OMFG!  Thank you, Mandy!
What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger.   -Annie Proulx (Icon by alighttofollow)

one_of_one

« Reply #421 on: November 03, 2006, 07:01:54 pm »
*tongue scrapes floor*

Offline coffeecat33

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #422 on: November 03, 2006, 07:23:16 pm »
** WARNING: Spoiler **

“What happened when you ran out of that stuff?”

Jack pondered how much to tell, figured he didn’t have anything to gain by lying. “I have a pretty face, Ennis,” Jack said evenly. “And I know how to use it.”

Ennis inhaled a sharp breath, glanced at Jack and then just as quickly away. “Was it always…consensual?”

Jack’s laughter was tinged with bitterness. “That’s not exactly the term I’d use. But yeah, most of the time it was.”

“Most of the time?” Ennis spoke as though the words were being dragged out of him, his voice only one step up from a whisper.

Jack closed his eyes. He’d gotten past all this. He had. He’d worked hard to put it behind him and move on. But it would be a lie to say he’d forgotten, or that he ever would. He still remembered—the sounds and the smells, the cut on his cheek from having his face pressed to the floor, and the bone-deep bruises they’d left on his arms that took a month to heal.

“It was prison, Ennis, not fucking Bible study,” Jack bit out, swallowing past the tremor he heard in his voice.
   -Shades of Grey by midwest_girl/Amy

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #423 on: November 03, 2006, 07:28:35 pm »
OH man, wasn't that part just too sad  :(

And where did you get that brilliant pic?? OMFG!!! It's just too much....

one_of_one

« Reply #424 on: November 03, 2006, 07:30:48 pm »
As for the line about the U.S. Attorney...yeah, that's a hint.  But probably no one will ever get it, it's pretty obscure.  It will all become clear later.  It's just setting up something.  God...I feel like such a dork with all these "clues." 

LOL, well I have no idea what that could be then, unless if the Attorney interviews him first and decides he's not suitable for the protection program for some reason. But that doesn't seem likely.  *sigh*

Or maybe it's something to do with Ennis being able to find Jack?  If he can't do it through the Marshal's Office, maybe he could do it via the US Attorney's somehow?  If there were some information left somewhere with the FBI, or that he might know about somehow?  Or if Jack had his interview with the Attorney who knew his new identity and Jack tells Ennis so he can find him later.

I need a lawyer!   ;D

« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 07:32:28 pm by one_of_one »

one_of_one

« Reply #425 on: November 03, 2006, 07:31:55 pm »
The pic's from Donnie Darko isn't it?

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #426 on: November 03, 2006, 07:37:40 pm »
hopefully this will help off-set the previous photo... (note black jacket!)

one_of_one

« Reply #427 on: November 03, 2006, 07:38:30 pm »
he's responding to Ennis's not knowing whether he wants to step back into that life.

I thought he did know, that's why he shook his head.....but I guess that was just one of those head shakes that mean "what a fucking mess"  :-\

midwest-girl

« Reply #428 on: November 03, 2006, 07:39:52 pm »
hopefully this will help off-set the previous photo... (note black jacket!)

Ohhh...GOD DAMN  *double thud*

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #429 on: November 03, 2006, 07:40:40 pm »
Yes, the photo of Jake with the knife-to-the-throat is from 'Donnie Darko' but it reminded me of the part in S of G when Jack is talking about his jail experience. If you go to www.iheartjake.com they have tons of photos.

OMG that photo of him in the black leather - I could barely post it - my screen fogged up from my heavy breathing ! cc33 / Leslie