Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599240 times)

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #740 on: November 21, 2006, 04:38:03 pm »
Is it there yet? *looks around*

:(

Is what there?  ??? There's not another chapter due yet is there?

I am on serious tenterhooks since the ending of the last one.

Karen

mvansand76

« Reply #741 on: November 21, 2006, 05:11:38 pm »
Is what there?  ??? There's not another chapter due yet is there?

I am on serious tenterhooks since the ending of the last one.

Karen

No, I'm sorry, I was hoping a miracle had happened... not until Friday or the weekend... :(

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #742 on: November 21, 2006, 06:01:01 pm »
Oh well, the longer we have to wait the more there is to look forward to! (She said, with fake cheer  ::) )

That last section of chapter 13, with Jack looking at himself in the mirror and seeing himself at peace, already gone.........? It reminded me so much of a section of Romeo and Juliet that I had to look the passage up. It's the last words that Juliet speaks to Romeo and it goes like this:

O God, I have an ill-divining soul!
Methinks I see thee, now thou art below,
As one dead in the bottom of a tomb:
Either my eyesight fails, or thou look'st pale.

Yup, that's just what Jack sees in his own reflection in that mirror. Romeo's reply, that they're pale because "Dry sorrow drinks their blood" is fitting for SoG too...........  :-\

That said, and Shakespeare out of the way for now, I don't quite see how Jack can make the deal with Hinestroza over the phone. Hinestroza knows Jack has agreed to witness against him, and that he is in protective custody, so wouldn't he think the phone call was just a FBI ploy to incriminate him? That the phone was being tapped, and any admission he'd make to knowing Jack, let alone any open agreement made to spare Ennis's life if Jack turns himself over to Madrigal, - might be used in evidence? Or would that be considered inadmissible in court as coerced evidence, and would H. know that? **scratches head **
I mean, it's not like the case against Hinestroza is watertight - if Jack doesn't witness there isn't much of a case apparently, so certainly H. must be wary that the FBI would be delighted to have him incriminating himself on tape.

Yet if H. does not first give Jack an unambiguous promise to stay Madrigal's hand where Ennis is concerned, why should Jack go through with any agreed trade and sacrifice himself?

I'm anxiously waiting to see how all this will play out.....

mvansand76

« Reply #743 on: November 21, 2006, 06:06:20 pm »
Great post, Mikaela! I love the R&J passage you mentioned...

I never thought of it like that, that H. might not trust the deal.  :-\ You have a point... This is puzzling...

midwest-girl

« Reply #744 on: November 21, 2006, 09:28:47 pm »
Ooooh, I wish I could answer these questions!  I will be posting Friday morning, unless something unexpected happens in RL!  ;)

midwest-girl

« Reply #745 on: November 21, 2006, 09:40:12 pm »
Oh, and on the phone call issue...generally recorded calls are very hard to admit into evidence b/c of the hearsay rules.  But you guys are definitely hitting on something....

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #746 on: November 22, 2006, 06:21:14 am »
Oh, and on the phone call issue...generally recorded calls are very hard to admit into evidence b/c of the hearsay rules.  But you guys are definitely hitting on something....

Amy - you do love teasing us  ;)

Of course I'm so dense I can never see where the plot is going. Just look how I slandered poor Colin. Any of my esteemed SoG co-fans have any idea what might be coming up? Let's have some wild speculation whilst we wait for an update.  ;D

You have to know that the anticipation or the next chapter is reaching fever pitch! However, I'm sure that we can contain ourselves until Friday.

I hope that you and your loved ones have a lovely Thanksgiving.

Karen

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #747 on: November 22, 2006, 08:26:18 am »

Of course I'm so dense I can never see where the plot is going. Just look how I slandered poor Colin. Any of my esteemed SoG co-fans have any idea what might be coming up? Let's have some wild speculation whilst we wait for an update.  ;D

Heh heh Karen ~ I do always love reading your posts though! Hmmm ~ do *I* have anything sensible to say?  ::)

;D

mvansand76

« Reply #748 on: November 22, 2006, 08:39:58 am »
Oh I am so glad it's going to be Friday! Hope nothing RL happens to Amy before that!!!  :o

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #749 on: November 22, 2006, 12:22:31 pm »
Can Friday be right now?? Please? I seriously need a pick me up this morning...

I have no intelligent speculation, all I know is I'm worried about Jack  :'(
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73