Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 608928 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #860 on: November 30, 2006, 12:12:42 pm »
You guys! It's Thursday!!!!!
JOEPIE!!!!

Ok, honestly, that was the last time! I'm so sorry!

Oh I don't mind Mel!!  :D

I think it's about time now!

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #861 on: November 30, 2006, 12:13:04 pm »
After weeks of saying I should call in sick on Shades Day... guess who is actually home sick today?? Yep, that would be me, I actually have an excuse to be reading Shades instead of going to work  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Come on update! I'm here to tell you it's 10:12 central time...
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

mvansand76

« Reply #862 on: November 30, 2006, 12:16:01 pm »
After weeks of saying I should call in sick on Shades Day... guess who is actually home sick today?? Yep, that would be me, I actually have an excuse to be reading Shades instead of going to work  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Come on update! I'm here to tell you it's 10:12 central time...

Hey Mandy! How are you feeling today? Better I hope!

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #863 on: November 30, 2006, 12:20:23 pm »
Hey Mandy! How are you feeling today? Better I hope!

Hi Mel! Yeah I'm better today, I should be okay to go back to work tomorrow, I hope  :-\ I really thought I would be back by now...

Oh well, i'm definitely not minding lounging on the couch and catching up on some fan fic reading!  ::)

Thanks for asking  :)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #864 on: November 30, 2006, 12:25:39 pm »
Who is Joe Pie?    ???

mvansand76

« Reply #865 on: November 30, 2006, 12:28:31 pm »
HAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm sorry it's Yeehaw in Dutch!!!  ;D

midwest-girl

« Reply #866 on: November 30, 2006, 12:40:43 pm »
Hey, guys Chapter 15 is up at: http://midwest-girl.livejournal.com/8119.html   Thanks!   ;)

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #867 on: November 30, 2006, 01:14:29 pm »
Great chapter!!  ;D I was wondering where you were going to take it from here because it seemed kind of final with Heinstroza and Madrigal being gone and I love this new direction.

****SPOILERS AHEAD******

I said this in my comment, but it feels right that they stay apart for just a little bit. It's painful and I want them together but right now I think it's best for them

And I just wanted to say that I love this convo between Ennis and Dane! I think it is incredibly vivid and well written and I really love Dane in this chapter...

Dane’s steps slowed slightly as he recognized Ennis. “Hey,” he drawled, coming to a full stop.

“Have you been in with Jack?”

“Yeah.”

“How’s he doing?”

“Why don’t you go see for yourself?” Dane said, flicking ash onto the pavement.

Ennis looked away, stomping down the urge to take his pain out on Dane’s handsome face. He wanted to do better than to re-play the script they’d followed during their first meeting, acting like dogs marking their territory. He owed Jack more than that. And the bottom line was that if not for Dane, Jack would be suffering all alone. Ennis spoke quietly, the rough edges tempered from his voice, “They won’t let me see him. An Agent I work with told me you’ve been here most every day.”

Dane studied him for a long moment, awareness flickering through his clear green eyes. “He’s getting better. But it’s slow going. His shoulder was infected, but they got that under control. They had to take his kidney three days ago.”

Ennis pushed against his closed eyes with thumb and forefinger. “Christ,” he breathed.

“It’s been rough. He’s not talking much, he sleeps most of the time.”

“When’s he getting out?”

“They’re not sure. Maybe tomorrow, maybe the day after.”

Ennis shoved his hands into the front pockets of his jeans. “Where’s he going to go?”

“My place,” Dane said. “He doesn’t have anyplace else and someone’s got to take care of him for awhile.” Like Ennis’s anger, the cockiness was retreating from Dane’s voice. He sounded tired and sad and Ennis realized with an anguished jolt that whatever Jack’s feelings, on Dane’s end it had been love and probably still was.

“Will you tell him…will you tell him I was here, that I’m thinking about him?” Ennis’s voice was unsteady, his eyes avoiding Dane’s.

Dane paused, looking away for a moment, his face stiff with reluctance. “Yeah, I’ll do that,” he said finally. “For Jack.”

Ennis nodded, shamed a little by Dane’s words. He’d thought the man had no redeeming qualities when they’d first met, couldn’t imagine what Jack had ever seen in him beyond his face. But Dane was putting what Jack needed above his own desires, letting Ennis breach a space he coveted for himself. Ennis didn’t know if he’d have it in him to do the same if he were in Dane’s shoes. “Tell him I’ll call him once the FBI Investigation is over. It shouldn’t be too much longer.”

“Okay.” Dane stood there for a moment, rolling on the balls of his feet. “Listen, man, I’ve got to go…” He pointed towards the lot.

“Sure, sure.” Ennis stepped out of his path. “Thanks.”

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #868 on: November 30, 2006, 02:44:27 pm »
Who is Joe Pie?    ???

Oh God Leslie!! This is too funny!!!!!!! LOLLOLLOLLOL

;D

mvansand76

« Reply #869 on: November 30, 2006, 02:48:41 pm »
Amy, noooooooooo!  :'(

I completely understand the direction you had to send this story in, but I am not going to say I wouldn't have preferred an upbeat chapter in which they had run into each other's arms crying and laughing at the same time.

I'm so glad that Jack told Ennis he loves him, hopefully that will give him the strength to work on himself and make Jack believe in a future for the two of them. I know that they have to work on things seperately before they can even contemplate building a future together. But it hurts, damn it hurts!

God this was such an intense chapter.... I am wrecked!