Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599209 times)

mvansand76

Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #1030 on: December 14, 2006, 11:40:34 am »

midwest-girl

« Reply #1031 on: December 14, 2006, 12:27:19 pm »
Hey, guys...17 is up at http://midwest-girl.livejournal.com/8636.html   Thanks! ;)

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #1032 on: December 14, 2006, 12:53:07 pm »
spoiler

I am reading the update right now, but I sometimes feel this way about Jack and Ennis myself:

…Ennis who never left Jack’s thoughts, only circling above when Jack was busy, landing with a life-consuming thud the moment Jack let down his guard.

in the sense that even if I'm not thinking about them directly, they're somehow still there...
*shrugs*

“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #1033 on: December 14, 2006, 01:02:42 pm »
**slight spoilers**

A very, very  good chapter, this.

No easy solutions, one step at the time.

Absolutely and totally loved the beautiful and simple quilt analogy. I think I'll adopt that for my own life.  :)

Also; - that goes without saying; - adored the way the two has such a connection across the distance that they can *feel* each other close and experience the same imagined embrace, - drawing strength, happiness, courage, peace of mind and self-acceptance from the other's envisioned presence... the two of them together representing something much more stronger and more solid, more viable, than simply adding up their separate strengths and getting a sum total.

Also loved the descriptive passages and the imagery throughout this. Just reading the chapter gave *me* some much needed peace of mind and sense of impending satisfactory closing!  

I somehow get the strong feeling this has to be the second to lastchapter...... Are you planning on giving us the grand finale as a gift just in time for Christmas?  :)

one_of_one

« Reply #1034 on: December 14, 2006, 01:08:10 pm »

I somehow get the strong feeling this has to be the second to last chapter......

I got that feeling too....but then I got the same feeling two chapters ago....!   ;D

midwest-girl

« Reply #1035 on: December 14, 2006, 01:34:46 pm »
Well....a happy SoG ending would make a nice holiday present.... ;)

one_of_one

« Reply #1036 on: December 14, 2006, 02:10:47 pm »

:-*

mvansand76

« Reply #1037 on: December 14, 2006, 03:03:02 pm »

Your faithful readers do deserve one, right?  ;)

Excellent chapter, Amy. I absolutely adore Jill, I have a feeling you have based her on somebody you know, she is so vivid and has such great energy. Am I right? Jack trusts her enough to say Ennis' name to her. That made me so happy. And the pining for each other and your own version of the dozy embrace...  :'(

I am sad for Ennis that his friendship with Colin is over, but it was inevitable really when I read this chapter. I was hoping there would be a way in which Colin would understand, but Ennis did risk Colin's career in every way possible, so I guess that means the end of a friendship.

That last paragraph felt so much like the end, I was actually holding my breath... I would guess two more chapters?

mvansand76

« Reply #1038 on: December 14, 2006, 03:16:32 pm »
So uhm... Amy, who would you like to cast as Jack and Ennis if Heath and Jake are not available for the movie version of Shades of Grey? Now don't tell us you haven't already sealed a deal with a major film studio in Hollywood...  ;)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1039 on: December 14, 2006, 03:56:19 pm »
Another brilliant chapter, Amy!

I have a feeling the story will be ending soon.  :'(

Perhaps I'm being a little selfish here, but I don't want to see it end! Thursday has become my favorite day of the week!

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.