Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599598 times)

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #1050 on: December 14, 2006, 08:30:19 pm »
 The same girl whom AP said '30 YEARS??? Give your fiance my sympathies.'' about when we met up with her.

Very embaressing to have taken longer then Ennis Delmar did to say I Love You---especially after being asked if I would be the paternal influence to her son when his bio fatherr walked out, what with years of flying back and forth for school plays, the whole bit. Especially when I really WAS an EDM here, always pulling back while knowing... and to have Annie Proulx say it was  just too much lol. Especially since  BBM is what made me get off my arse and  figure it out. When i said I Love You, as in I am IN love with you and have been since we were 19 she dropped the phone, she's waited a l;ong time...I got flipped out the other day when 3 different PM's  and emails from brokies said this and the I'mjackshesennis romance were the 2 most romantic brokeback romances of 2006. It was the secret [to everybody but her]cowboy engagement up in Cheyenne whut did it methinks. All those cheering cowboys and Keith Urban playing the song I'd asked for, and the dozens of yellow roses brought to the stands...

Jan 6, in NYC
With reception following

then a honeymoon she doesnt know about even though everybody else from our mothers to our son to brokies everywhere. Even the Baldwin Brothers know about it. I'm taking her to Vienna.
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1051 on: December 14, 2006, 08:41:46 pm »
Okay, guys, I'm going to go ahead and tell you the story will be ending next week.  I didn't give people a heads up when IIA ended and some people were floored.  In retrospect, I think I ended that story too soon, but I didn't feel like I had much choice since I could only exlpore Jack's pov.  I know some of you are going to be upset that you won't get to see more of what becomes of SoG Jack and Ennis once they find each other again, but to me, that feels like a new story.  I'm not making any promises at this point, but if I can think of a decent plot I may write a sequel to SoG....we'll see....   :-*

I would LOVE that, Amy  :) Would love to see them build a life together, very much  :-*

one_of_one

« Reply #1052 on: December 15, 2006, 03:53:20 am »
OMG, Jack!  You're getting married?  When, where, who?  I want all the details!  LOL.   ;)

I've just woken up and misread this as Jack and Ennis getting married...and in my sleep-grogged state was wondering how you were going to do that with just one chapter left.

Hope no one starts sharing the news of impending births or first days at kindergarten, otherwise I might never recover.....

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 04:08:36 am by one_of_one »

one_of_one

« Reply #1053 on: December 15, 2006, 04:05:00 am »

I am sad for Ennis that his friendship with Colin is over, but it was inevitable really when I read this chapter. I was hoping there would be a way in which Colin would understand, but Ennis did risk Colin's career in every way possible, so I guess that means the end of a friendship.

I agree it was pretty inevitable....and I think it was so from the second Ennis first compromised his position.   I'd held out hopes of him being something more,but  it just wasn't to be.

At least Colin told Ennis where Jack was, and liked/respected Ennis enough to not let him go down in the internal investigation when he could easily have put Ennis in the shit.

one_of_one

« Reply #1054 on: December 15, 2006, 04:07:15 am »
  I'm not making any promises at this point, but if I can think of a decent plot I may write a sequel to SoG....we'll see....   :-*

Well, you know, if you make Ennis a PI then, in theory, you could have a never ending stream of Jack/Ennis books....

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #1055 on: December 15, 2006, 04:21:56 am »
I've just woken up and misread this as Jack and Ennis getting married...and in my sleep-grogged state was wondering how you were going to do that with just one chapter left.

Hope no one starts sharing the news of impending births or first days at kindergarten, otherwise I might never recover.....

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

OMG H! LOLLOL!   :laugh:   ::)   :laugh:

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1056 on: December 15, 2006, 04:23:38 am »
LMAO!

No impending births, just 2 freakin wedding receptions...
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

one_of_one

« Reply #1057 on: December 15, 2006, 04:45:25 am »
http://www.neddi.org/rescueddonkeys.jpg

Hey June, have you chosen your Jack and Ennis getaway donkey yet?

Continuing down the path of Ennis and Jack as the gay male equivalent of Jessica Fletcher Kinsey Millhone....every good PI needs a USP (unique seeling point).....and a donkey could be it for our guys...

"for he loved a little donkey"

What do you think?

;D

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #1058 on: December 15, 2006, 06:20:31 am »
http://www.neddi.org/rescueddonkeys.jpg

Hey June, have you chosen your Jack and Ennis getaway donkey yet?

Continuing down the path of Ennis and Jack as the gay male equivalent of Jessica Fletcher Kinsey Millhone....every good PI needs a USP (unique seeling point).....and a donkey could be it for our guys...

"for he loved a little donkey"

What do you think?

;D

Heh ~ I think it's cute and sweet and just a leetle crazy! LOL 

Awww and I just adore the chocolatey brown one  :-*

mvansand76

« Reply #1059 on: December 15, 2006, 07:40:40 am »

At least Colin told Ennis where Jack was

Yeah, I was thinking about that on my way to work this morning, he didn't have to tell him, but he did. Why is that?