Author Topic: PBS "Sherlock Holmes" Updated for the 21st century  (Read 256791 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: PBS "Sherlock Holmes" Updated for the 21st century
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2011, 10:33:49 pm »
Well, that's definitely a must-see. This weekend I watched Atonement, and developed a weakenss for chocktails!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2011, 10:56:10 pm »
Well, that's definitely a must-see. This weekend I watched Atonement, and developed a weakenss for chocktails!!

I haven't been able to bring myself to watch it because Benedict's supposedly a bad guy.  Is he that bad?  The synopsis doesn't make it seem so bad.

Offline delalluvia

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2011, 09:50:18 pm »
I'm not surprised by this. Benedict lends a whole new meaning to the word dashing. With his wide lapels, coattails, and curls flying, he makes a dash down a damp London street in the dark something I long for! And my heart beats double time when he dons his woolen scarf and drapes it so cavalierly around his long sleek neck!

Watson has his own sartorial style too...love his tiny plaid shirts, black soled shoes, and his cane, even though it's merely a psychosomatic crutch!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2011, 12:51:11 am »
This is a testament to how much I love my daughter. In the ninth month of her pregnancy, I have lent her not only Sherlock but also Local Hero!!

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2011, 10:59:41 pm »
This is a testament to how much I love my daughter. In the ninth month of her pregnancy, I have lent her not only Sherlock but also Local Hero!!

:o :o :o

Tonight I offered to have my sister come over to my place to watch Sherlock, but she can have my DVD when they pry it out of my cold, dead hand.   ;) :laugh:

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2011, 02:10:05 pm »
She hasn't watched either one yet.

Today I had an inexplicable craving for...eggs Benedict!

As near as I can tell, BC's name means "a newly married man (previously thought to be a confirmed bachelor) who is burdened down by a large flask of liquor."  :laugh:

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2011, 09:58:33 pm »
She hasn't watched either one yet.

Today I had an inexplicable craving for...eggs Benedict!

As near as I can tell, BC's name means "a newly married man (previously thought to be a confirmed bachelor) who is burdened down by a large flask of liquor."  :laugh:

Dang!  I wish I could find that article I read some weeks ago on Cumberbatch.  It was quite detailed about his life.  He said that in a karma-like way, he appeared in the movie Amazing Grace as one of the supporters of the abolition of slavery as a type of atonement because his forefathers  - Cumberbatch is German and means something like 'from a valley' or something like that - went to the West Indies and made quite a fortune in the sugar/slave trade.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2011, 03:52:08 pm »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2011, 08:06:03 pm »
Dang!  I wish I could find that article I read some weeks ago on Cumberbatch.  It was quite detailed about his life.  He said that in a karma-like way, he appeared in the movie Amazing Grace as one of the supporters of the abolition of slavery as a type of atonement because his forefathers  - Cumberbatch is German and means something like 'from a valley' or something like that - went to the West Indies and made quite a fortune in the sugar/slave trade.

If it's German then the name must have started out as (Something)-bach.

The English can't spell or pronounce German names for shit.  >:(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.