Author Topic: PBS "Sherlock Holmes" Updated for the 21st century  (Read 256888 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: PBS "Sherlock Holmes" Updated for the 21st century
« Reply #150 on: May 22, 2012, 02:27:31 pm »

I am confused Meryl.  Did you not see the end.  Where Watson was crying over Sherlock's grave?  He was asking him to ''please please play one more trick on him.  Be allive."  Then it showed Sherlock watching him walking away. He was in  the shadows of the trees?  I was very glad about that, but I am wondering if he is going to continue to stay hidden or come out and see Watson again?  I love the connection of these two men in ther present characters.  They have so much of that apparent chemistry, and care for each other.  I think that Watson is the only person that Sherlock has ever had fond feeling for.  Even his brother who he cares for in the almost-- "I have to respect him kind of way."    At any rate, I cannot wait for the return of next season.
      I am appaled by the one that is supposed to be on here in America.  A woman, playing Watson?  WTH.  I don't care for Lucy Lou, anyhow, and that willl make it worse.. I won't even watch that stupid premise...   

Beautiful mind

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #151 on: May 22, 2012, 06:23:19 pm »
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

I am confused Meryl.  Did you not see the end.  Where Watson was crying over Sherlock's grave?  He was asking him to ''please please play one more trick on him.  Be allive."  Then it showed Sherlock watching him walking away. He was in  the shadows of the trees?  I was very glad about that, but I am wondering if he is going to continue to stay hidden or come out and see Watson again?  I love the connection of these two men in ther present characters.  They have so much of that apparent chemistry, and care for each other.  I think that Watson is the only person that Sherlock has ever had fond feeling for.  Even his brother who he cares for in the almost-- "I have to respect him kind of way."    At any rate, I cannot wait for the return of next season.
      I am appaled by the one that is supposed to be on here in America.  A woman, playing Watson?  WTH.  I don't care for Lucy Lou, anyhow, and that willl make it worse.. I won't even watch that stupid premise...  

The episode for all its dizzying and puzzling ins and outs was touching.  The episode starts and ends with John's grief.  At the end, it's just wrenching.  Listening to the soldier, standing near the grave, begging his friend to pull off one last miracle.

"For me...for me..."

And of course, the sweetness of it all is that Sherlock did exactly that.  He did pull off a miracle, he stayed alive.  And he did it for John.  To save him.

[swoon]

I can't imagine what their reunion will be like.  Though I have some fantasies... 8)

Anyway, in the story of their reunion, Watson fainted.  The producers of our Sherlock say theirs won't be so dramatic.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 11:42:31 pm by delalluvia »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #152 on: May 22, 2012, 09:35:03 pm »
      I am appaled by the one that is supposed to be on here in America.  A woman, playing Watson?  WTH.  I don't care for Lucy Lou, anyhow, and that willl make it worse.. I won't even watch that stupid premise...   

Depending on when it's scheduled, I'll at least check it out. I like Jonny Lee Miller.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #153 on: May 22, 2012, 10:49:57 pm »
I just watched a repeat of the show.  Somehow, Sherlock faked his suicide, with the help of Molly.

Another small thing.  Moriarty shakes hands with Sherlock before shooting himself.  The assassins that saved Sherlock's life both touched him before they were shot.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #154 on: May 22, 2012, 11:30:46 pm »

What I get from all of this is we are all in love with this show... :-*

Beautiful mind

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #155 on: May 22, 2012, 11:51:43 pm »
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

I just watched a repeat of the show.  Somehow, Sherlock faked his suicide, with the help of Molly.

Another small thing.  Moriarty shakes hands with Sherlock before shooting himself.  The assassins that saved Sherlock's life both touched him before they were shot.

Rumors have been flying since the show aired in the UK in January.

In his live chat, Moffat has been hinting that Sherlock has all he needs in the episode to show how he saved himself.  But people have also said Moffat is a troll and likes to mislead fans.  Still no one can figure it out without jumping the shark.  Rumors are about dopplegangers, a switch with Moriarty's body, landing on a cushion on a truck roof parked in the bus lane 20 feet away, while Molly dumps a dead body dressed like Sherlock out the window where John and the sniper can't see, just ridiculous stuff that I'd hate to think will actually prove to be the case.

Why couldn't they have just used a waterfall like in the original ACD story?  >:(

Yes we love this series, and want to make sure it's done right.

I can't imagine how the body got ID'd as Sherlock's without Molly doing the post-mortem, though she's not a pathologist and is just a lab tech and would have no way to fix the records.  Unless Mycroft helped, since he would be the next of kin to ID the body and claim it at the morgue.  But considering how he completely fucked up his brother's life, I wonder that he would dare show his head.

Anyway, lots of questions, don't see much of a way out without it being a groaner.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #156 on: May 23, 2012, 12:55:24 am »
Interesting theories, but who knows.  It's fun to speculate.  But I definitely think there's a point when Sherlock knows he'll have to fake his death and goes immediately to Molly to hatch something, so we'll see.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #157 on: May 23, 2012, 02:26:06 am »

i always wondered too about the original story, when he jumped off the gorge and took Morierty with him.  If there was some
other way it was going to end.  If there was another story somewhere to change it all.  I don't really believe it, but as with Watson, I was always hoping it would turn out differently.  Show us one more trick Sherlock, just one more.

Beautiful mind

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #158 on: May 23, 2012, 09:03:51 am »
I always wondered too about the original story, when he jumped off the gorge and took Morierty with him.  If there was some
other way it was going to end.  If there was another story somewhere to change it all.

I recall reading somewhere that ACD really did want to kill off his creation--he was thoroughly sick of Sherlock--but somehow even "back then" the fan uproar was so great that he was more or less forced to bring Sherlock back.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #159 on: May 23, 2012, 12:42:09 pm »

The series final and I am sure more of the others as well are now available on Itunes, for $19.00
I think I may purchase those, I love this series of books, and this series of televion shows has been wonderful.  I will then be
able to revisit it at my leisure.

Beautiful mind