Author Topic: PBS "Sherlock Holmes" Updated for the 21st century  (Read 256856 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: PBS "Sherlock Holmes" Updated for the 21st century
« Reply #160 on: May 23, 2012, 04:26:09 pm »
I can't wait until next season to see him explain his way out of this one.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #161 on: May 23, 2012, 07:22:49 pm »
I can't wait until next season to see him explain his way out of this one.

I just hope it's a good explanation.

I'm looking forward to how he's going to reveal himself to John.   ;D  I keep imagining a sock to the jaw and then an emotional hug like Ennis and Jack at the lake near Brokeback mountain.  8)

For those who read the stories, I think Sherlock pretended to be dead so as to  destroy his enemies covertly. then he could safely reveal himself to John and return to his life at 221B Baker Street.

Is that right?

If so, did Sherlock have an adventure by himself where he did this?  I'm just wondering how Season 3 opener might go...

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #162 on: May 24, 2012, 12:14:13 am »

Boy you got me.  I have no idea how that is going to play out.  Can't wait to see it...

Beautiful mind

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #163 on: May 24, 2012, 08:16:07 am »
OK, someone said that Sherlock just shows up after 3 years.  He's spent the intervening time tracking down and destroying Moriarty's network.

Arguments go that that much time won't pass because 3 years is reasonable travel time in the Victorian age.  Less so in the 21st century.

My disagreement with what they did in this episode is this is the age of the internet.

Unless there is some spectacular series of arrests and very public trials of Moriarty's organized crime cronies, Sherlock will never escape the sordid story of the reporter because in the age of 9/11 truthers and birther conspiracy nuts, anything he does that is triumphant will be looked at with doubt and skepticism no matter what.

BTW, anyone know what it is John can't say at the end of the episode to his therapist?

Offline jhsu123

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #164 on: May 28, 2012, 07:22:23 pm »
I think Holmes had another body ready to go to look like him. I also think that the lab assistant Molly helped him; remember how he said she was the only one that could? Holmes could have taken a body from the autopsy place with Molly's help and added gorey makeup to looked like himself.  Then Holmes jumped onto the garbage truck and slipped away. But I think there was a clue when Moriarty shook Holme's hand; Moriarty died soon after that to fulfill a pattern. All the assassins died right after they shook Holmes' hand. What do you think? 8)

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #165 on: May 28, 2012, 07:54:32 pm »
I think Holmes had another body ready to go to look like him. I also think that the lab assistant Molly helped him; remember how he said she was the only one that could? Holmes could have taken a body from the autopsy place with Molly's help and added gorey makeup to looked like himself.  Then Holmes jumped onto the garbage truck and slipped away. But I think there was a clue when Moriarty shook Holme's hand; Moriarty died soon after that to fulfill a pattern. All the assassins died right after they shook Holmes' hand. What do you think? 8)

Sounds good to me.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #166 on: May 28, 2012, 09:05:37 pm »

We're on the same page here.  I was thinking the same thing about the handshake.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline jhsu123

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #167 on: May 28, 2012, 09:51:27 pm »
Quote from: jhsu123 on Today at 07:22:23 pm
I think Holmes had another body ready to go to look like him. I also think that the lab assistant Molly helped him; remember how he said she was the only one that could? Holmes could have taken a body from the autopsy place with Molly's help and added gorey makeup to looked like himself.  Then Holmes jumped onto the garbage truck and slipped away. But I think there was a clue when Moriarty shook Holme's hand; Moriarty died soon after that to fulfill a pattern. All the assassins died right after they shook Holmes' hand. What do you think?

We're on the same page here.  I was thinking the same thing about the handshake.

I wonder if someone else was watching Moriarty and has more power over him.  Why kill off the arch nemesis?  He could also live another day... Did Moriarty have someone else standing in for him?  Why did he have to kill himself?

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #168 on: May 28, 2012, 10:04:48 pm »
I wonder if someone else was watching Moriarty and has more power over him.  Why kill off the arch nemesis?  He could also live another day... Did Moriarty have someone else standing in for him?  Why did he have to kill himself?

If Holmes is alive, why not Moriarty?  Writers are good at this stuff.  ;)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #169 on: May 28, 2012, 11:28:54 pm »

Well......to be honest, they are able to cut and paste, and retape a million different parts of scenes in order to make it happen in any way the want to.  It is not like it is a constant stream photo...........

Beautiful mind