Author Topic: Duncan Jones directs Jake Gyllenhaal in a Matrix/Inception Sci Fi: 'Source Code'  (Read 3075 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/11/source_code_trailer_jake_gylle.html

Source Code  Trailer:
Jake Gyllenhaal
Is Stuck in the Matrix

11/22/10 at 10:00 AM

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz0xGnFKMvE&feature[/youtube]

The trailer deluge of the last few weeks continues on with Source Code — the second feature from Duncan Jones, the director of Moon — a Jake Gyllenhaal action-thriller that plays like Inception, The Matrix,  and Déjà Vu  all rolled around on the floor and made a baby. Gyllenhaal is a soldier who has to figure out who bombed a train by zapping into the body of a man on that train for the last eight minutes of the guy's life, over and over again. (So, if not an Inception-Matrix–Déjà Vu  three-way, then Groundhog Day  with national-security concerns.) Of course, while doing this high-tech zapping, made possible by "the source code" ("You are inside the source code," says Jeffrey Wright), Gyllenhaal falls in love with the guy's girlfriend (Michelle Monaghan) and so has to keep returning to the scene of the crime to see if he can't rescue her and alter reality. (Oh look, here we are again in the desert of the real. If no one's going to bring water, how about a guide to arbitrary plot loopholes?) It's all fairly taut (though, what are the ultimate stakes? Can Gyllenhaal's character die? Or at least end up going insane spending eternity in the fourth level of someone else's subconscious?), the cast is good, and, seeing as this is from the guy who made Moon,  things may not be what they appear to be. Redpill, anyone?

--Willa Paskin .

Also:

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010/11/22/source-code-trailer-does-this-remind-you-of-inception/

‘Source Code’ Trailer: Does This Remind You of ‘Inception’?
By WSJ Staff

The coming movie “Source Code” could either be an “Inception”-ish buzz-generator, or a straight-to-pay-per-view trifle. The plot is kind of like a sci-fi action thriller reworking of “Groundhog Day.” The movie has a strong pedigree: It was directed by Duncan Jones (”Moon”) and stars Jake Gyllenhaal and Jeffrey Wright. It opens on April 15, 2011.

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
oh wait, I think I know what the punchline is...

"The Source Code is ... HUMAN BRAINS!"

Not sure if this is going to live up to Prince of Persia levels, IMO.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Opens this weekend.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.