Author Topic: Anne Hathaway, James Franco to host Oscars  (Read 29793 times)

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Anne Hathaway, James Franco to host Oscars
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2011, 04:26:04 pm »
Is it time to change your avatar, Gil? 

Yep, I'm switching my allegiance to Michael Fassbender for a while

Not James Franco

I admire your loyalty to Jake, considering what he's been in lately.  ;)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2011, 04:41:32 pm »
Yep, I'm switching my allegiance to Michael Fassbender for a while

Not James Franco

He's certainly not!
I admire your loyalty to Jake, considering what he's been in lately.  ;)

Hope springs eternal.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2011, 11:31:16 pm »
If you are liege to Herr Fassbender, please acquire for him a shirt in his size and a bib!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2011, 11:49:03 pm »
If you are liege to Herr Fassbender, please acquire for him a shirt in his size and a bib!!
You'll be a convert once you see his Rochester in the new Jane Eyre film.  Mark my word..

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2011, 12:27:16 pm »
I am SO looking forward to it!! And I'm sure he will be properly dressed for the part!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2011, 12:53:19 pm »

I think a new thread for this is needed, but in the meanwhile:

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2011/03/michael-fassbender-gave-horses-erections

‘Michael Fassbender gave horses erections’

Fassbender’s “Jane Eyre” co-star Mia Wasikowska spoke to Movie Line about Fassbender’s maddening effect on their equine co-stars, saying his good looks helped make it nearly impossible to film.

“There was a horse on the third day of filming [when] we were shooting the scene where Jane and Rochester meet, and every time Michael hopped on the horse it got a huge erection,” Wasikowskia remembered. “And he’d get off and they’d run the poor thing around the block to try to make it go away, and he’d hop on it again and it would happen all over again, and they’d have to get him off and run it around.”

Also see:

http://www.movieline.com/2011/03/about-that-one-time-michael-fassbender-gave-a-horse-a-boner.php

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/04/michael-fassbender-horses_n_831220.html

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2011, 10:14:21 am »

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/03/james_franco_the_tasmanian_dev.html

James Franco:
‘The Tasmanian Devil Would Look Stoned
Next to Anne Hathaway’

By: Kyle Buchanan
3/31/11 at 5:22 PM

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITgifNEhZ0M&feature[/youtube]

James Franco has skillfully avoided the subject of his Oscar stint during his current Your Highness press tour, but when he sat down with fellow Oscar host David Letterman to tape an episode of Late Show  that will air tomorrow night, the two commiserated about their poorly received kudocasts. After Letterman claimed, "I was so bad that they talked for a while about shutting down the motion picture industry," Franco replied, "[At least] they didn't say you were stoned. People said I was under the influence. I've thought about it. I think I know why. I love her, but Anne Hathaway is so energetic, I think the Tasmanian Devil would look stoned standing next to Anne Hathaway." Then again, he's still not sure how he played onscreen: "Truthfully, I haven't watched it back. Maybe I had low energy. I honestly played those lines as well as I could."

"I never dreamed of being, like, the best Oscar host ever," Franco continued. "It was never on my list of things to do. It doesn't mean I didn't care and it doesn't mean I didn't try hard, right? But here's the hypocritical thing: Leading up to the Oscars, I couldn't hear enough about how, 'Oh, people don't care about the Oscars anymore, it's dead, it's old, it's at the end of a long awards season, who cares about it?' Well, as soon as you don't host the way you want to, they suddenly care and they won't shut up about it! Suddenly, I can't hear enough about a show they don't care about!" Maybe he'd hear less about it if he stayed off Twitter? (Bruce Vilanch would certainly appreciate it.)

"Camping Out"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2011, 10:25:18 am »
Very cute!

Letterman claimed, "I was so bad that they talked for a while about shutting down the motion picture industry,"

:laugh: :laugh:

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2011, 10:07:11 pm »
http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/04/anne_hathaway_knows_what_you_t.html

Anne Hathaway Knows What You Thought
of Her Oscar Hosting

By: Kyle Buchanan
4/7/11 at 8:00 PM

click for link to video

Anne Hathaway -- she of the energy that would shame the Tasmanian Devil -- appeared on the Today  show this morning to promote her upcoming animated film about potential bird sex, Rio. And yes, she has heard what everyone thought of her stint hosting the Oscars with James Franco. "The critics were tough," she admitted to Matt Lauer. "They said we were the worst show ever." Still, she's choosing to look on the bright side. "Then there are the people who've been coming up to me since then who stop and say, 'I thought it was fantastic. I had a great time! I watched it with my whole family and we were entertained the whole time.' Obviously, I'm very grateful to those people and I'm glad they felt that way. And then there's my memory of it ... whether it was great or whether it stunk, who knows?" Still, her diplomatic facade crumbled a bit when Lauer asked whether she'd host again: Watch as Hathaway goes from "Why not?" to "Maybe" to blurting out "No!" in the space of two seconds flat. [via Thompson on Hollywood]

"Camping Out"