Author Topic: Merry Christmas 2010!  (Read 46836 times)

Marge_Innavera

Re: Merry Christmas 2010!
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2010, 11:00:53 am »
I've had this Brokeback Christmas card in my PB account for a couple of years -- kudos to the person who created it!   (If it's someone here at Bettermost, speak up!)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2010, 11:05:44 am »

Merry Christmas,
Beloved BetterMost Friends -
I wish you all Love and Joy and Peace
During this Season
and Always

"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2010, 11:07:52 am »
I've had this Brokeback Christmas card in my PB account for a couple of years -- kudos to the person who created it!   (If it's someone here at Bettermost, speak up!)

That's me, that's me! :D
Seems the pic has gotten around quite a bit. I created it in 2007, printed it out and stuck it on my Brokie Christmas cards back then.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2010, 11:23:53 am »
We'll be getting ready for church soon. Kids and I will at least. Husband will stay at home and use the time while we're away to put the presents under the tree, lock the living room and prepare our Christmas dinner.

For us (and the Swedes, and who else?) is today THE big day. After dinner we'll wait until we hear Christ-child's bell, this is the sign that it has been here and left presents. Then of course it's the kids' big moment.
The rest of the evening, we'll try their new stuff and play together.

Tomorrow we'll go on tour to visit my husband's family all day. On the second Christmas holiday we'll go and visit my family. I'm so much looking forward to all family gatherings. :D There will be 15 to 20 people on both days.

On Monday, two of my kids and I will see a ballett: Swanlake. This is a Christmas present for them and they don't know yet.

Over the course of the next week, we'll meet friends we couldn't see on the three Christmas days. And when all of this will be over, I'll be happy to go back to normal. :laugh:

I love our yearly Christmas tour, really looking forward to it. But it's also exhausting, and in the end I'm always happy to get a few quiet days before my birthday rolls along and the family will gather at our house.

This evening, I will espcially think of one elderly ex-neighbour who normally spends Christmas Eve with us. This year she's too sick to come and will be all alone. I'll call her after church.

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2010, 11:49:47 am »

Seems the pic has gotten around quite a bit. I created it in 2007, printed it out and stuck it on my Brokie Christmas cards back then.

Really?? Nice work.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2010, 11:59:13 am »

It deserves a re-run!   :)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2010, 12:02:45 pm »
We'll be getting ready for church soon. Kids and I will at least. Husband will stay at home and use the time while we're away to put the presents under the tree, lock the living room and prepare our Christmas dinner.

For us (and the Swedes, and who else?) is today THE big day. After dinner we'll wait until we hear Christ-child's bell, this is the sign that it has been here and left presents. Then of course it's the kids' big moment.
The rest of the evening, we'll try their new stuff and play together.

Tomorrow we'll go on tour to visit my husband's family all day. On the second Christmas holiday we'll go and visit my family. I'm so much looking forward to all family gatherings. :D There will be 15 to 20 people on both days.

On Monday, two of my kids and I will see a ballett: Swanlake. This is a Christmas present for them and they don't know yet.

Over the course of the next week, we'll meet friends we couldn't see on the three Christmas days. And when all of this will be over, I'll be happy to go back to normal. :laugh:

I love our yearly Christmas tour, really looking forward to it. But it's also exhausting, and in the end I'm always happy to get a few quiet days before my birthday rolls along and the family will gather at our house.

This evening, I will espcially think of one elderly ex-neighbour who normally spends Christmas Eve with us. This year she's too sick to come and will be all alone. I'll call her after church.

That's a wonderful description, Chrissi - thank you for sharing with us.  I love the Swan Lake surprise - it will be a real treat!

We are doing things out-of-order this year, so our holiday will be lasting and lasting and lasting....

::) 8)

Excellent news is that I have eleven days off from work - I don't need to be back until the 4th of January - so, pressure seems low and I feel like we can have a leisurely long week for the most part.

Last night I did some shopping, but most of it wasn't really 'gifts'.  Mom and Chris were in no way prepared for Boston winter, which showed up last week with a vengeance.

::)

We get a White Christmas, so I'm not complaining...in a few weeks, that'll likely change and y'all will call me 'Jack'.   :-*

I went to Goodwill (a second-hand thrift shop) after work and truly found some amazing deals - I won't go into details because who knows what nosy person might be reading?!  :D

Suffice it to say though, for about $105, I got two terrific home decor type things, a new job interview outfit, and what I actually went for - winter clothing in like new condition - almost all brand names - for Mom and Chris - they must learn to layer!  I think I have a button that needs to be sewn on, but that's it.  What a fabulous deal!

Today I will be doing more shopping for things that won't be going on sale after the holidays.  While I'm out, Chris and Mom are going to 'shop' for me via the computer.  I showed Chris a few things I'd like, but the point is that I am absolutely thrilled that Mom is showing interest in Christmas.  I know that part of it is that she wants to ship a gift or two to Billy in Tennessee - she's worried about him being alone for the holidays.  It turns out that Chris says when they were there, she worried about me the same way.

I love her to death, my ((((Mama)))).

Tonight is Christmas Meeting - I'm making that artichoke dip - followed by carols and fellowship.  Andy may join at the last minute, depending on what they have going on.  Afterward, I am going to hear Ronny's (SuperD's) band (Hipshot - they've got a FB page!).

Tomorrow will be spent probably wrapping gifts and listening to music and visiting with Mom.  She loves to sing, once I get her started, so if the police come knocking on the door, I wouldn't be surprised.

:P >:(

I may even try to accompany a bit with my guitar.

Then another Hipshot performance.   ;)

Sunday is Meeting as usual but again with carols - this time I am going to try my darndest to get Mom to attend.  I know she would love the music, and she can slip away afterward if she wants.

Monday night is dinner and Love and Other Drugs with friend Sandy.  And at some point I want to go to Paul's and gaze upon his gorgeous crystal Christmas tree and just 'be' for a bit...

And Tuesday or Wednesday nights will be our Christmas, depending on the mail order.  No rush.

Paulie recently reminded me of the good idea of anchovies, so Titania and Oberon will have a gift under the tree as well.

8)

Lest you think this is too much about me... although Hipshot once again is performing New Year's Eve, they will be fine without me there.

Chris is going to experience his inaugural First Night celebration in Boston and I will be home with Mom.  We will have some sort of movie marathon - we'll have to arm wrassle over John Wayne or Humphrey Bogart.

:laugh:

(Oh, yes, there will be cooking going on more or less continuously also...I'll have to report back on that because the only request I've had is the cornbread stuffing and maybe a ham.)

:-* :-* :-* :-*

Love and Light, my Friends,
Lynnie
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2010, 12:51:24 pm »

A peaceful weekend to all.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2010, 01:00:58 pm »
I'd love participation in The Twelve Days of BBM Christmas thread.  Day 6 just got done, and I'd love us to get to Day 12.  See the most recent additions to the thread here.  Maybe you'll be inspired to join in.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2010, 01:01:27 pm »
It´s six pm here and we have just finished eating. SO MUCH FOOD!  :laugh:
Before that we watched the mandatory 1 hour episode of Kalle Anka and his friends.
Now we are about to start on the dishes and then my sisters boyfriend will dress up as Santa and surprise the kids. O0

Happy holidays everyone!